RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:07:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Nintendo game recycling at its worst 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Nintendo game recycling at its worst  (Read 5209 times)
Tan
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2009, 12:09:22 AM »

The game was mirrored because Link has always been left-handed and most Wii users are right handed.
They really shouldn't have done that and stayed true to their franchise.
True but try and imagine doing a left-handed backswing of the sword with your right hand and a shield in the other. Most would find that it takes them out of the game, especially if your movements don't match the character onscreen.
True, but then again I'm left-handed so I wouldn't really care. Tongue

The moral of the story is that the Wii-motes are bad, bad, bad for games. Wink

And the second moral of the story is that you should buy the GameCube version if you're a true Zelda fan. Wink

Could they not just have had an option to switch between left and right handed? There's probably more to it than just flipping everything around, but it couldn't be a hugely demanding thing to implement.

Playing Twilight Princess on the Wii feels odd being a lefthander myself, that's why I have the GameCube version. That and keeping Link a lefthander is sort of an indulgence I can enjoy.

It's been my experience that Zelda TP for the Wii is on average $10 more than any other 1st party game out there. I'd expect a "Lefthander Edition" on a second disc, especially for a game that was to sell the idea behind the system. Oh well.
froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2009, 03:56:07 PM »

hmmm, could Nintendo be entering the half-assed "if it ain't broke don't fix it" phase as capcom showed during their SF2 days?
froggin ashbowl
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 01:40:50 AM »

Speaking of C64. Has anyone seen the Impossible Mission for the NDS? Supposedly they have the C64 version; plus (2) other versions of the game. I hope these versions are playable unlike Atari's. =) lol

Funny that you mentioned Impossible Mission. I had a portable C64 and I remember playing it. I don't remember much about the game play except that no matter how many times I hit or jump kicked someone, they'd fall but never die. I went into many doors. Saw many faces that showed up close on the bottom. I honestly didn't know how to play it since i had no instructions. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length