RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2017, 03:16:15 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | RFG App for Android: The official thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print
Author Topic: RFG App for Android: The official thread!  (Read 18416 times)
toze3
N-Gage
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2017, 05:00:45 PM »

Really hoping you guys can continue with your app.  So far its been my favorite to use.
Really hoping you guys can continue with your app.  So far its been my favorite to use.

I couldn't agree more.  The app is honestly what brought me to this site and got me to start contributing.

+1
It was the app that make me came here, it's very simple and functional, both it have some bugs and it's missing advanced options. unfortunately I don't have experience for programming, but I can help with ideas ehehe.

I really enjoy the possibility to add to the collection using a barcode scanner, and the simply layout and filters really helps to quickly see wich games are complete, or missing manual. For me this is fantastic, but...

If you have to move a game from a folder to another you will loose the comments that you previous add in the website, because the lack of editing tools for colection and impossibility to see and edit/create comments.

In my opinion and wish list of what can be improved:
1-View, add and edit comments
2-Edit entries of the owned collection(nº of game, manuals or box) without having to remove one entry and add another.
3-Move/copy games from one folder to another
4-possibility to set a default folder for new entries
  For advanced users:
5-possibility to submit games/variation/edits/images
6-possibility to check the submission status of submited games/variation/edits

Also would be good to have a full refresh of the collection, for example if one entry get the name edited , will always show the previous name on the listing, if you click to see the details will be displayed correctly, but the list still be with wrong/previous name. This make me to delete the cache and make login again. I don't know if it's a bug or limitation...

Related with bugs I just found one, the APP with barcode scan don't find Hardware...(PS I don't have the SWITCH!)
douglie007
Sega CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2017, 05:50:32 AM »

Issue with the barcode reader, its not the app its the sites search engine.  when you search a barcode it wants the exact barcode number that's in with the game. The fix would need to be in the search on the site to find partial barcodes, the phone reader does not get the end of some of the codes when they have 2 set  like most gamecube games with the 001001.   

toze3
N-Gage
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2017, 03:30:47 PM »

Issue with the barcode reader, its not the app its the sites search engine.  when you search a barcode it wants the exact barcode number that's in with the game. The fix would need to be in the search on the site to find partial barcodes, the phone reader does not get the end of some of the codes when they have 2 set  like most gamecube games with the 001001.   
It's not the case, I tried with several hardware, and none get in the results, and also confirmed the read upc code with the one in database. If you can say any hardware to get in results please say which one to test it.
Regards

Enviado do meu ALE-L21 através de Tapatalk

douglie007
Sega CD
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2017, 05:58:57 PM »

You are correct, I verified the upc was correct on the site and it didn't work with the app but does work on the pc with a barcode reader

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length