RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 13, 2018, 03:08:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | RFG App for Android: The official thread! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Print
Author Topic: RFG App for Android: The official thread!  (Read 42213 times)
toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #210 on: January 04, 2018, 06:00:29 AM »

@bickman2k

It's been a while, since last update, and I was wondering if there are any news planned for the APP this new year.

PS: @mumboking -> Late update, but it's working fine here, and didn't had any error.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #211 on: January 04, 2018, 12:35:25 PM »

So, I need to fix the text encoding issue (black diamond with ?) for certain text.

I have one feature that I would like to add, but I'm going to hold off on any announcements at this time. I also think that if I can get one of the features, the other one in mind may fall in to place as well.

One other thing I would like to get working is integrating the Google Play Services option to use a barcode scanner instead of relying on a third party application to do so.

RobotWillie
Conglaturation.
Sega Dreamcast
United States

Stats
« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2018, 10:11:14 PM »

I did try the barcode today and it didn't work. Added them the same old way instead.

douglie007
Sega Saturn
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #213 on: February 05, 2018, 09:23:24 AM »

I did try the barcode today and it didn't work. Added them the same old way instead.

I tested a few and they worked.  the ones with a space between and 2 barcodes I cant get to work

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #214 on: February 07, 2018, 01:28:03 PM »

I tested a few and they worked.  the ones with a space between and 2 barcodes I cant get to work

Can you send me a couple of examples?

douglie007
Sega Saturn
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #215 on: February 08, 2018, 05:11:03 PM »

Can you send me a couple of examples?

ok so they seem to be finding them ok now, I updated my barcode scanner software.  but I have a barcode reader for my PC and it cant find any game from gamecube when I choose the RFG ID option it scans like this : 722674021456 and does not want to scan the 00100 bar code

RobotWillie
Conglaturation.
Sega Dreamcast
United States

Stats
« Reply #216 on: February 08, 2018, 07:32:23 PM »

Still no luck for me. I even reinstalled the scanner so it should be the latest version. And I am doing a standard code on the PS4 game I just got. There is a slight chance we don't have the game in the  yet I will look now.

Edit: We didn't for this region so I added it. But it didn't work with the original Xbox game either I tried and it was a different kind of code. The kind where the first and last number are separate from the rest and have a bar code line dividing them from the body. The PS4 game is the one with all the numbers together and not divided by a barcode line.

It could have to do with differences in phone cameras. But my phone isn't that old (2016) so it has a decent one.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 07:54:18 PM by RobotWillie » Logged

douglie007
Sega Saturn
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #217 on: February 09, 2018, 09:19:57 AM »

Still no luck for me. I even reinstalled the scanner so it should be the latest version. And I am doing a standard code on the PS4 game I just got. There is a slight chance we don't have the game in the  yet I will look now.

Edit: We didn't for this region so I added it. But it didn't work with the original Xbox game either I tried and it was a different kind of code. The kind where the first and last number are separate from the rest and have a bar code line dividing them from the body. The PS4 game is the one with all the numbers together and not divided by a barcode line.

It could have to do with differences in phone cameras. But my phone isn't that old (2016) so it has a decent one.
Make sure the game has the upc added, there is a lot of games that don't have it. And if it's not there the scan has nothing to go on

RobotWillie
Conglaturation.
Sega Dreamcast
United States

Stats
« Reply #218 on: October 21, 2018, 05:55:22 PM »

I have added about 10  with the scanner this month so it works for me now! And indeed a few didn't get found so I will work on getting those added and such. One of those was the Bloodborne game from the Middle East I already addressed.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 05:57:23 PM by RobotWillie » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length