RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:27:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | Announcements and Feedback | I'm still having a problem with the message board 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I'm still having a problem with the message board  (Read 2197 times)
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« on: April 06, 2012, 09:58:54 PM »

Ever since the "crash" the message board hasn't quite been back to normal for me. When someone has made a new post since I last looked there is a little blue "new" icon within the Subject line, now sometimes it is there, sometimes not. It seems totally random, whenever I log in about half of the new posts have the "new" icon half do not. It doesn't seem to favor whether it is a sticky thread or not, nor is it separated by the time of post in any way. All of this also applies to the Red/Grey nes controller signifying "New Posts" or "No New Posts" on the main RF Generation Message Board page.

I know this is a relatively minor problem but I thought I'd bring it up.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:37:04 AM by nupoile » Logged
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 03:40:43 AM »

I'm having that problem too.
I wonder if there's some way to clear the "read" status for all threads on SMF.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 08:37:41 AM »

I noticed this yesterday. I thought the forums were being really slow cause so few boards showed new posts, but then I looked at one for something else, and it was full of unread messages.

I have no idea what the fix is or if there is one at all. Hopefully someone that knows more will see this new topic.

We've lost power in the forward Game Boy, Mario is not responding
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 05:10:45 PM »

Is this still happening for anyone else? I haven't noticed this happening the last couple days. Maybe it was just a random thing unrelated to the outage?

We've lost power in the forward Game Boy, Mario is not responding
Rajaat the Warbringer
CD-i
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 06:06:16 PM »

I haven't noticed it

There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.

--Moby Dick
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 06:38:09 PM »

I haven't noticed it nearly as much, but I am pretty sure there were new posts inside a board and the nes controller was not lit up red yesterday. It seems like a weird problem, why is it so random? Why is it seeming to now still happen but less often?

Oh and I promise I'm not just seeing things.  stupid
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 05:57:35 PM »

You're not seeing things, I'm sure.

For example, the NES controller for the "RFGeneration Archives" still lights up red for me, even though no threads have the blue "new" logo next to them and even after I've hit the "mark as read" button that should flag the whole sub-forum as read.

So you're not alone and there's definitely something up.
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 08:07:36 PM »

That's weird. I've finally gone long enough I can say it is not happening to me anymore. I guess it will just work itself out for everyone? Here's hoping!!!  beer
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 10:18:48 PM »

i was having this issue just after the site came back after being hacked, it went away on it's own after a while too and i haven't had it again since
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 09:30:35 PM »

I've recently noticed that SMF isn't marking most new posts as new.
Is this happening to anyone else?
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 10:30:10 PM »

I keep going back and forth between it having this problem and not. The last time I posted here I wasn't having trouble, about a week ago I was, this week I am not. I don't know what the deal is.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length