RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:31:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Sega Retail Display Case 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sega Retail Display Case  (Read 5378 times)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: July 03, 2017, 05:21:19 PM »

Time for the big reveal of what I am been working on for the past few weekends.  This is my Sega Retail Display case!  I’ve had this sitting around in various states since 2014 but finally got around to putting it together the best I could.  I believe this would have been in something like KB Toys back in the day.  It would have originally been mounted to the wall at the bottom and top and the whole spindle would have spun around.  I’ve not been able to find any pictures of it anywhere on the internet and nobody has been able to give me any real info on it. Unfortunately I think it was missing a few parts so we had to improvise and make it a free standing case without the ability for it to fully spin. I did have enough parts for almost 2 of them but it was really just enough parts for 1 good one and some extra junk at the end.

Here is what it looked like when I originally got it.

I fully disassembled it and cleaned everything.

Some of the artwork was damaged so I scanned it, cleaned it up, and "fixed" it the best I could

Here are the disassembled final cases.

and here are a few more finished shots.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 08:30:07 PM »

That display is amazing. You've done a great job on getting it back into great shape.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 03:17:47 AM »

Yeah, that case looks great. Awesome job.

Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 09:00:12 AM »

Thanks guys!  I'm really happy how it turned out and glad to finally have it all together after sitting in storage for so long.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 11:23:51 AM »

Holy crap. How many Zuckuss' do you own? lol

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Bear78
DB Contributor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 06:52:07 PM »

Holy crap. How many Zuckuss' do you own? lol

A LOT lol.  I used to be a bigger Star Wars collector and did a Zuckuss focus.  I still pick up stuff now and then but it's second behind games now.  I got everything from Vintage carded figures to prototypes.

cant-grow-up
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 03:55:12 PM »

Love the display case, stuff like this is why I decided to become active again on RF. Great work!

remembering the old times of late nights with the genesis

wishlist:Pico-3DO-Jaguar-Nomad-Xbox-NES
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 11:09:04 AM »

Man, this is awesome.  Very cool that you took the initiative to get it all cleaned up and refurbished.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length