Getting poll results. Please wait...
So, some may say E3 isn't quite what it was. Can you blame them? E3 was at its peak one million square feet of gaming overload and booth babes, where gamers would be sweating over the hype of the event and its booth babes. Today, that E3 is no more, and that makes some people sad.
Fret not! There are plenty of up and coming conventions to be had. The one that comes to mind is PAX, which is quickly becoming a replacement for E3. From a news standpoint it's not there, but from the crowds standpoint its there. Of course, there are the venerable shows, like the Tokyo Games Show and Games Convention Leipzig. But, the big bad American Games Conference known as E3 is just a shadow of its former self, and it makes me sad.
E3 is generally a time of gaming news. Chances are that there will be some of those sort of announcements at the event again. But in the internet age, such news comes every day. Did you know E3 is in two weeks? Do you even care?
For me, E3 has lost its luster. Gone are the day of big booths and busty booth babes. Gone are the days of being really, really excited about what might be announced at E3. (MEGATON) It's just not there anymore, but that's what I think. How about you, what do you think about E3? Share my opinion, or perhaps your opinion is a bit darker or sunnier than mine?
E3 is in fact a shadow of its former self, and the shadow the old E3 left behind has lost a lot of what made E3 in fact E3. It's sad, and perhaps the ESA will release that some day and bring back the amazing Trade Show we know and love as E3.
In case you missed the Nintendo montage-filled press conference, allow me to summarize it for you:
1. We're doing very well, as these bar graphs show.
2. The rest of the show won't be relevant to you hardcore gamers, so here's 30 seconds of Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Ghost Squad, Ninja Gaiden DS, Phantom Hourglass, Metroid and Mario Kart for Wii. Oh, and let's make this for casual gamers too by showing off a wheel attachment for Mario Kart and say we're "leveling the playing field" for beginners.
3. We are COMMITTED to online play! We have no more than 5 exciting online games coming! Now let's go on to what really matters!
4. You want minigames?! WE GOT EM RIGHT HERE!
5. Let's lose our minds and announce our new bathroom scale with motion sensors, er wait I mean Wii Fit!
What's sadder is that I am not exaggerating.