RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:50:11 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 855240 times)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #930 on: March 16, 2016, 03:02:30 AM »

Thanks to the UHH (Ultimate Head to Head) on TA i have popped in some old games briefly and had limited success. I have a feeling i will be getting eliminated in week one tho. My opponent had the jump on me from day 1 and i have actually sort of competed against him before lol
At first look, I thought I recognised his GT, but I just assumed I must have saw him in a solution or forum post or something. Would I have seen his name on your feed from boosting with you or making you a part of any of his goals?

As for my UHH matchup, I am REALLY hoping my opponent is just a casual player because our list is crazy. Some of the harder ones for me would include completing Command and Conquer 3 and Grand Theft Auto IV from start to finish, get farther in Bomberman: Act Zero than I ever have before, surviving a high-level challenge in Outpost Kaloki X that practiced hands have trouble with, grinding out 10-30 hours of gameplay in both Counter Strike: GO and Gotham City Imposters, and powering through Rock Band start to finish. On top of those, I have co-op/versus achievements for games my little bro doesn't own; so I would have to find someone willing to play Rainbow Six: Vegas, Super Contra, and/or Dead or Alive 4 with me after midnight EST.

I have about eight achievements I can realistically complete in the time I have to play, and two of those involve the damn Kinect. Plus, tiebreakers go to the highest TA score, so if my opponent is almost done with GTAIV or C&C3 and snags those achievements and we both end up with 7 or 8 achievements, the points alone from either of those is more than the 8 I can do combined.

That being said, I am really enjoying it. It forces me to play games I haven't in a long time and gives me a much bigger rush than the GTASC competition is.

Tonight's playtime included performing a hidden fatality in Mortal Kombat, I went with the guide and it led me to Cyrax's babality, which is hilarious. After that I played Sonic 4: Ep 1 for a bit to get closer to the ending. I already had completed two of the worlds and started the third, and by the end of the night I was two stages away from being done with the fourth, so I should have that one done tomorrow. After that, I will likely play Sonic Adventure for an hour or so to unlock Knuckles for that achievement.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:04:24 AM by Boshamp » Logged

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #931 on: March 16, 2016, 08:07:58 AM »

The Division (X1) - It's not bad but it's not great. If you like Destiny this is a good game to try.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #932 on: March 16, 2016, 10:12:20 AM »

Thanks to the UHH (Ultimate Head to Head) on TA i have popped in some old games briefly and had limited success. I have a feeling i will be getting eliminated in week one tho. My opponent had the jump on me from day 1 and i have actually sort of competed against him before lol
At first look, I thought I recognised his GT, but I just assumed I must have saw him in a solution or forum post or something. Would I have seen his name on your feed from boosting with you or making you a part of any of his goals?

As for my UHH matchup, I am REALLY hoping my opponent is just a casual player because our list is crazy. Some of the harder ones for me would include completing Command and Conquer 3 and Grand Theft Auto IV from start to finish, get farther in Bomberman: Act Zero than I ever have before, surviving a high-level challenge in Outpost Kaloki X that practiced hands have trouble with, grinding out 10-30 hours of gameplay in both Counter Strike: GO and Gotham City Imposters, and powering through Rock Band start to finish. On top of those, I have co-op/versus achievements for games my little bro doesn't own; so I would have to find someone willing to play Rainbow Six: Vegas, Super Contra, and/or Dead or Alive 4 with me after midnight EST.

I have about eight achievements I can realistically complete in the time I have to play, and two of those involve the damn Kinect. Plus, tiebreakers go to the highest TA score, so if my opponent is almost done with GTAIV or C&C3 and snags those achievements and we both end up with 7 or 8 achievements, the points alone from either of those is more than the 8 I can do combined.

That being said, I am really enjoying it. It forces me to play games I haven't in a long time and gives me a much bigger rush than the GTASC competition is.

Tonight's playtime included performing a hidden fatality in Mortal Kombat, I went with the guide and it led me to Cyrax's babality, which is hilarious. After that I played Sonic 4: Ep 1 for a bit to get closer to the ending. I already had completed two of the worlds and started the third, and by the end of the night I was two stages away from being done with the fourth, so I should have that one done tomorrow. After that, I will likely play Sonic Adventure for an hour or so to unlock Knuckles for that achievement.

Facial? Yeah, you got a poor matchup for Round 1, though not as bad as another person on my list getting Chad and Jessie. Facial's on quite a few feeds, and shows up on mine fairly often.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #933 on: March 17, 2016, 01:25:51 AM »

That must have been where I saw him, then. I knew I recognized the name.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #934 on: March 17, 2016, 08:50:52 AM »

Minecraft: Story Mode (Win 10) - Picked up the second episode recently, so I'm running through this again.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #935 on: March 17, 2016, 03:43:24 PM »

Played a few NES games I acquired. 

- P.O.W.  Didn't get past the first level but had fun.  Hard to tell, though, when you have a weapon if you are in line with an enemy.  Several times I fired weapons off and missed.

- Spot Didn't know how to play at first but I think I got the hang of it.  Lost big time.

- Uncanny X-men  The game sucks.  That's all I have to say.

- Linus Spacehead's Cosmic Crusade I enjoy this game and is the one I played the most.  It starts out Maniac Mansion like.  You can look at things, talk, pick up items, etc.  When you go off the screen you have a little platforming part.  Get hit you die.  Get past this part takes you to another Maniac Mansion type part.  Once you get past a platforming area, you don't need to do it again.  I will definitely play this one again.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #936 on: March 17, 2016, 06:29:09 PM »

Played a few NES games I acquired. 

- P.O.W.  Didn't get past the first level but had fun.  Hard to tell, though, when you have a weapon if you are in line with an enemy.  Several times I fired weapons off and missed.

- Spot Didn't know how to play at first but I think I got the hang of it.  Lost big time.

- Uncanny X-men  The game sucks.  That's all I have to say.

- Linus Spacehead's Cosmic Crusade I enjoy this game and is the one I played the most.  It starts out Maniac Mansion like.  You can look at things, talk, pick up items, etc.  When you go off the screen you have a little platforming part.  Get hit you die.  Get past this part takes you to another Maniac Mansion type part.  Once you get past a platforming area, you don't need to do it again.  I will definitely play this one again.
I'll be picking up Day of the Tentacle Remastered on Vita just for Maniac Mansion alone lol

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #937 on: March 17, 2016, 08:44:26 PM »

Zen Pinball 3D (3DS) - Again playing pass the system multiplayer with my little girl. I'm not quite sure why she likes pinball so much, but I'm just enjoying the time together.

That's awesome! My foster boy doesn't have great hand-eye coordination, otherwise I'd be gaming with him. Once he gets better with the iPad educational apps, I may slowly introduce some educational games and such to get him used to a control pad.

I haven't been able to play Xenoblade Chronicles X lately because I've had so little time, but I've snuck in some gaming with my new PSP 3000. Man, I love that thing.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #938 on: March 18, 2016, 08:14:34 PM »

The competition got me into another game I hadn't played in almost 10 years, and I finally completed a luck-based game after an insane amount of effort.

Outpost Kaloki X (XBLA) - Was able to snag the "Survivor" achievement on my first try, without reteaching myself how to play it. I just loaded up the survival gamemode, bought one of everything to start, loaded weapons on the empty spaces, and then started selling everything to make room for more weapons. Glad I got this one so quickly, but it does seem as though my opponent either has no interest in putting forth the effort to beat me, or is secretly getting progress close to each achievement they can so they can complete them all at the end. My guess is the former, since he is actively playing a game not tied to our competition.

Sonic Adventure DX (XBLA) - Got to Knuckles for the achievement related to him that I needed for the competition and called it good at that. Only needed one more stage to get to him, luckily.

Gotham City Impostors (XBLA) - Played this one for a bit to see how hard it would be to get an achievement for my Head to Head competition and unlocked one achievement unrelated to it...but also realized this game would take a LOT of time to complete...and there are very few left playing it online...

Sonic 4 Episode 1 (XBLA) - Played this one for a bit to try to get to the end for an achievement, but was too tired to continue once I finished the 4th boss fight. If it looks like my opponent might catch up to me quickly, I will keep this one ready to pop with little effort.

Free Slots Fun Factory (WP) - Finally got this one finished by getting my third Extra Big win. I sunk a good 30 hours into grinding this one actively during the day whenever I could. Totally not worth the 5GS for the achievement, but I am glad to be done with this title.

Fusion Dots (WP) - Still not loading up, and when I looked at my SD card usage during a notification, it said the game was over 110 GB in size. My SD card is only 16GB...so something is definitely screwy with this one.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 08:35:13 PM by Boshamp » Logged

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #939 on: March 18, 2016, 08:45:39 PM »

Got into an achievement farming mood and have spent the last few days playing through all the free visual novels on Steam. Probably going to work through the few I have in my library from random bundles next.

I think I might die.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #940 on: March 19, 2016, 08:58:11 AM »

Minecraft: Story Mode (Win 10) - Finally starting Episode 2 today and really looking forward to it.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #941 on: March 20, 2016, 08:57:39 AM »

The Little Mermaid: Undersea Treasures! (Win 8 ) - Trying to five star the last two levels with my daughter.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #942 on: March 20, 2016, 03:37:18 PM »

Dead Island Riptide (X360) - Played for a couple more hours, making some good progress too. I like the defend-the-base missions and the fact that firearms actually do damage to zombies. In the first one, 8 shots to the head would barely put a dent in a zombie, but in this one, two or three shots to the dome brings them down. I haven't encountered any human enemies in this title though, and I know that the imbalance of damage in the first one was to emphasize that one shot to a human head kills them instantly, while a zombie should be harder to take down.

Fusion Dots (WP) - Lost my progress on this one after trying to creatively work around the problem. At least I can still grind out Diamonds...I will get this one done quickly once I finish the other titles I have progress on and can reset my phone. Even after moving everything and formatting the SD card, the phone still thinks it has a couple games installed that I cannot access, delete, re-download, or interact with at all. So I will finish up about 4 games I have and then start everything else on this phone over from the start.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #943 on: March 21, 2016, 08:44:44 AM »

Pokémon Blue Version (GB) - Installed a new battery in my flea market find and now I'm reliving nostalgia!

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #944 on: March 22, 2016, 09:17:53 AM »

Star Wars: Battlefront II (PSP) - Starting Galactic Conquest with the Imperial army. Time to crush them Rebel scum!

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length