RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:19:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 855046 times)
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1050 on: May 13, 2016, 09:02:58 AM »

Battleborn (X1) - I just can't get in to this game. I had more fun playing Evolve. Playing this game just reminded me of how much I wanted to be playing a new Borderlands game.

Dark Souls 3 (X1) - It plays like the Greatest Hits version of all the Dark Souls games. In short it's my favorite game of the year so far. Only Doom may pull me away from this game.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1051 on: May 13, 2016, 09:21:21 AM »

Finished Tetriminos.

Took just under 2 hours spread across 3 play sessions. Not too shabby.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1052 on: May 13, 2016, 05:54:29 PM »

Lines... Hate...
Trying to finish Enigmo and Parking Mania, but Enigmo won't unlock for me and Parking Mania's data has cleared twice now after getting to 120/160. Annoying.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1053 on: May 13, 2016, 09:14:37 PM »

Enigmo gave me a TON of trouble too.

I ended up having to leave it running for 24 hours straight.

Lines is garbage because of poor support. The game itself wasn't bad otherwise.

Parking Mania i haven't done.

Since the closure of Team Dakota and Project Spark was announced i am going to have to go back and try and wrap up the one DLC i have not finished. Trudging through their bastardized Conker stuff.
Glad it is getting killed. Not glad because now i need to finish it.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1054 on: May 13, 2016, 10:02:37 PM »

I left my W10 running multiple times, and for some odd reason the achievements disappear after a period of time, like it's disconnected from Xbox Live. I've been trying with my WP8.1, but I have an alarm in the morning, and I'm wondering if that's resetting the level when it goes off...

Downloaded Parking Mania on my WP7.5. I'll give it one more shot, but it's not optimized on my WP7.5 - pretty choppy, and the tilt on that phone's crazy, so I may have to reduce the sensitivity.

For Enigmo, did you have to put it into Airplane Mode or anything special like that to prevent notifications?

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1055 on: May 13, 2016, 10:21:31 PM »

Airplane mode. No alarms. Nothing but water dripping for 24 hours. It's been a long time so i don't remember if i had to solve the puzzle or it popped automatically.

But i had the same issue of anything happening besides the game reset the timer.
Initially i left it running overnight for days on end to no avail.

I believe Scott had the same problem with the timers in the Angry Birds games.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 10:23:03 PM by Izret101 » Logged

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1056 on: May 14, 2016, 10:52:58 AM »

Putting a little time into Tetriminos. It is basically an easier version of Tetris with some scoring and piece variations. I like it. I'll probably wrap it up soon while fighting the urge to pick up more gem matching games... Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign (and the 360 version) are what i have my eyes on but i'm REALLY trying to hold out for a sale. I'll likely succeed.

I failed. Enjoying Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign on the One in between chores and work this afternoon.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #1057 on: May 14, 2016, 06:22:01 PM »

Airplane mode it is then with my WP7. Thanks.
I miss playing Puzzle Quest 2 on my phone...

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1058 on: May 15, 2016, 10:55:46 PM »

Just started the Venom arc in Marvel Puzzle Quest.
I am really enjoying it. I did a fair amount of level grinding early on to knock out a specific achievement. Had i not the difficulty would have spiked pretty quickly.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1059 on: May 16, 2016, 04:01:13 PM »

Been slacking a bunch lately due to a mess of things, but mostly due to my wife's new work schedule. Kept up for a while with the TA Leap Frog competition, but I passed out last night while laying with my wife to help her fall asleep and woke up in the middle of the night about 20 minutes after the cut-off, so one less thing to worry about, I guess.

Bully (X360) - Started this one two nights ago and got close to the end of chapter 2. Overall, I am not impressed with the title, but the gameplay is pretty solid, so even though it is boring and repetitive, it is playable.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1060 on: May 16, 2016, 09:46:23 PM »

Bully is one of those games that everyone seemed to love when it cane out but I can't push myself to start. I think it just hasn't aged well.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1061 on: May 17, 2016, 03:57:12 AM »

What have I been doing? Well...Izret be proud? I really hate Ermac. Cheesy

[img width=700 height=440]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/DarkTheThief/TF_zpsqoxarl6b.png[/img]

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1062 on: May 17, 2016, 11:34:19 PM »

Spoiler(?)
Triborg is actually quadborg Wink

I'm seeing rumors of a potential Kombat Pack 3.

I hope not to be honest. That means most likely there would be a physical MKXXL or some such nonsense too.

I got Project Spark to load. Ran thru Conker "episodic" crap fest that was hyped to no end and was utter garbage. Hopefully i just need one more playthru to get the last 3 achievements i need. Even if it takes more attempts thankfully you can finish it in 20ish minutes.

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1063 on: May 18, 2016, 04:21:03 PM »

Spoiler(?)
Triborg is actually quadborg Wink

I'm seeing rumors of a potential Kombat Pack 3.

I hope not to be honest. That means most likely there would be a physical MKXXL or some such nonsense too.

I got Project Spark to load. Ran thru Conker "episodic" crap fest that was hyped to no end and was utter garbage. Hopefully i just need one more playthru to get the last 3 achievements i need. Even if it takes more attempts thankfully you can finish it in 20ish minutes.

What do you mean "quadborg"? Is there something I should know?

[img width=300 height=70]https://image.ibb.co/fSULkF/Signature_zpsfvzatdip.png[/img]
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1064 on: May 18, 2016, 09:07:34 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length