RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:59:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 159 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 3  (Read 854505 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1095 on: June 13, 2016, 08:14:23 PM »

Everyone's getting hyped for Yakuza 0, I'm playing Yakuza...

One.

I'm ahead of the game.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1096 on: June 13, 2016, 10:25:45 PM »

Recently beat Mega Man 8 & finally 9...those Wily stages almost made me give up last time i was playing LOL
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1097 on: June 15, 2016, 03:29:49 AM »

Obtained all the trophies for Dark Souls III. This marks the first time, I have got all the trophies for a game.

Now I am trying to figure out what PS4 game to play next. My choices are Doom, Uncharted 4, or Nobunaga's Ambition. Has anyone played Nobunaga's Ambition on PS4?

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1098 on: June 15, 2016, 03:09:52 PM »

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (X1) - Parkour is still fun but the story is boring. It's worth a rental.

Illusion of Gaia (SNES) - The story is nuts but it's still a fun game.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1099 on: June 15, 2016, 03:19:02 PM »

I played the original Nobunaga's Ambition. Unless you're into the story, and like strategy sim games, you're unlikely to enjoy it.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1100 on: June 15, 2016, 06:24:27 PM »

I played the original Nobunaga's Ambition. Unless you're into the story, and like strategy sim games, you're unlikely to enjoy it.

I played a couple of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series, and liked that one. Just wasn't sure if this one was any good. Also sometimes sim games on consoles can be a little confusing in the control area. Maybe I will wait til I can find it for under $20. I am leaning toward Doom.

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1101 on: June 15, 2016, 06:36:55 PM »

Since I last checked in, I've finished Illusion of Gaia.  Great game from my childhood that holds up well today, although now that I'm older, I'm finally noticing how thin and weird the story is.  I also decided to put down Majora's Mask for now.  I'll come back to it sometime in the future, I just got too far away from it to pick up from where I left off.

As for what I'm currently playing:

Ether One - Quick PS+ freebie I wanted to blow through to free up some hard drive space.  I really liked this game at first, but the puzzles became way too convoluted after the first area or two, so I started using a guide.  And even with the guide, I still had trouble figuring out some of the solutions.  Anyway, I'm done with it and got my platinum trophy from it, so off the hard drive it goes.

Mafia - I remember this game being great back when it originally came out, but man, it hasn't aged very well.  The third-person shooting mechanics are rough, the driving feels slow and sluggish, and the checkpoints are often few and far between (and you can die very quickly in this game).  Not to mention that you actually have to obey traffic laws or the cops will pull you over....  At any rate, I'm probably about 3/4 of the way through the game, and I do enjoy it for the most part, but it can be a slog at times.

Yakuza 5 - I've put a little more time into this.  I gotta say, after loving Yakuza 3 and 4, I find 5 to be a bit disappointing.  The story is just all over the place.  Hopefully it will all tie together in the end.  It's still a good game though, I'm just having a hard time staying focused on this one with so many other games around.

Doom - Just picked this up since Best Buy had it on sale.  I've been looking forward to this for awhile.  After how good Wolfenstein: The New Order was, and with all the praise this game has been getting, I can hardly wait to start this one up tonight!

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1102 on: June 15, 2016, 10:59:09 PM »

Since last post a little more Beautiful Katamari.
More Blast'em Bunnies (just grinding out the 100 boss kills and the 20 more daily challenges)
Little more Killer Instinct (General RAAM?!?! )
And swapped over to Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe for my daily leapfrog achievement.

Also started and finished Professional Farmer 2017.
Review:
Even if you are a fan of this style of game save your 40$.
 I encountered oodles of glitches in the 1-2 hours it took me to finish it (Thanks to a glitch in the buying/selling system)

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1103 on: June 16, 2016, 09:15:26 PM »

Obtained all the trophies for Dark Souls III. This marks the first time, I have got all the trophies for a game.

Congrats! I finished this one up a bit ago myself. I didn't dig all the farming to get the covenant items, but otherwise a lot of fun.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1104 on: June 17, 2016, 02:15:01 AM »

Congrats! I finished this one up a bit ago myself. I didn't dig all the farming to get the covenant items, but otherwise a lot of fun.

Oh yeah, it was quite annoying. It was impossible to get the darkmoon/blue sentinel rewards other wise. I only got summoned once or twice for that covenant the whole entire time I played it.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1105 on: June 17, 2016, 09:11:47 AM »

45/100 bosses killed in Blastem Bunnies. Really wish their appearance wasn't so random. Ihave had them show up on wave 2. I have also gone nearly 80waves without seeing a boss and dying.

The KI achievement I was planning on using for leapfrog decayed too much! I guess it is only right since I doubled up the other day to try and ensure a valid achievement would drop in ratio.
Had to go with a higher one instead for 200 games played with a character I have already forgotten... With any luck the other 200 games played ones I am intending to use won't drop enough in ratio to become unusable or I'll have to start branching out to new games sooner than intended and in turn get eliminated sooner.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1106 on: June 17, 2016, 10:31:33 AM »

I'm guessing you got bit by the Kim Wu one? Seems like numerous people did, including Billz, Redmption and Tobuscus.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 10:37:49 AM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1107 on: June 19, 2016, 11:47:24 AM »

4 Elements II: Special Edition (Win 10) - Finishing off the last few levels I need to beat the game.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1108 on: June 19, 2016, 06:36:13 PM »

Cleaned my PS3 out and decided to test it with Demon's Souls. So... I'm doing another Demon's Souls run.

h1ghw1nd
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1109 on: June 23, 2016, 03:02:35 AM »

Finished Mirror's Edge tonight and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm also pleasently surprised to learn the prequel was released only a few weeks ago. Looking forward to playing that one as well.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 159 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length