RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:45:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 7 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 61 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 7  (Read 342731 times)
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2015, 01:55:30 AM »

Got stuck with my in-laws for an extra week last week thanks to a broken steering column in my vehicle, so not much gaming took place, and I also couldn't pick up the scanner like I wanted for the submission contest, but now that I am home, I will look over a few of the titles close to my computer and update a bit if they need it and will also look to get some playtime in soon.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2015, 12:03:26 PM »

I spend more time organizing my games then playing them.
I can relate to this.
If I wasn't entertained by organizing our games, boy would my life be miserable...
If only the rest of my life was as organized as our media collection Tongue

The last time I sifted through my disorganized hoard of vidya stuff, it started off as a boring chore. But things got real interesting when I rediscovered stuff I almost forgot about. It's like an archaeological dig through your own recent past...

Got stuck with my in-laws for an extra week last week thanks to a broken steering column in my vehicle, so not much gaming took place, and I also couldn't pick up the scanner like I wanted for the submission contest, but now that I am home, I will look over a few of the titles close to my computer and update a bit if they need it and will also look to get some playtime in soon.

One would almost think there was a conspiracy afoot to keep you from competing in the contest...

...though I can't imagine why anyone would wanna do that to such a fine, upstanding citizen of this wonderful community of extraordinary gentlemen...  evilhappy
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2015, 08:24:29 PM »

Just got back from Anime Central in Chicago.  I spotted some killer cosplay there, and had a good opportunity to show off my own.  Check out the entire gallery here:
https://www.facebook.com/...073741831.572978122820925

"awoken" warlock - Destiny

Geese Howard - Fatal Fury

Megurine Luka - Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA

On a gaming note, there was a serious lack of import games available in the dealer's room.  The most I found were VNs and eroge.  I did get to play Project DIVA Arcade for the first time at a place called Round 1 Arcade.

http://www.facebook.com/Glasshound
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 08:56:47 PM by OatBob » Logged

it's thinking
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2015, 11:10:40 PM »

One would almost think there was a conspiracy afoot to keep you from competing in the contest...

...though I can't imagine why anyone would wanna do that to such a fine, upstanding citizen of this wonderful community of extraordinary gentlemen...  evilhappy

I had everything carved into paths and stacks ready to be alphabetized and submitted too...with a house in my future in the next year, I am going to have to box it all back up and get it into storage for a move. Life has a way of things that I cannot understand...alas, I cannot control everything and must push forward. (It doesn't stop me from trying to control everything though)

And thank you, sir, for your words. If we are a community of extraordinary gentleman, I wonder which gentleman you think I would be, Mr. Gray. Wink

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2015, 10:28:13 AM »

[...]

And thank you, sir, for your words. If we are a community of extraordinary gentleman, I wonder which gentleman you think I would be, Mr. Gray. Wink

Was that the one played by Sean Connery?

No wait, I'm sorry, i didn't mean to reference the movie-- OH DEAR GOD PLEASE NOT THAT I BEG YOU

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2015, 11:01:39 PM »

Today is Friday.  I'm out!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2015, 06:16:24 AM »

[geezer_mode]

Okay, what is it with these YouTube videos and on-the-spot news stories with the left 1/3rd and right 1/3rd of the video intentionally blurred? When did this stupid format become so prevalent?! KNOCK THAT BULLSH*T OFF RIGHT NOW, F*CKHEADS!!!  grrr

[/geezer_mode]
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2015, 11:08:06 AM »

[geezer_mode]

Okay, what is it with these YouTube videos and on-the-spot news stories with the left 1/3rd and right 1/3rd of the video intentionally blurred? When did this stupid format become so prevalent?! KNOCK THAT BULLSH*T OFF RIGHT NOW, F*CKHEADS!!!  grrr

[/geezer_mode]
Every time I've seen that its because it was shot in portrait mode on a phone, so they need to do something to fill in the sides to make it fit your screen. The blurred part is just the video blown up/stretched out and lightened.

We've lost power in the forward Game Boy, Mario is not responding
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #143 on: May 26, 2015, 11:14:01 AM »

[geezer_mode]

Okay, what is it with these YouTube videos and on-the-spot news stories with the left 1/3rd and right 1/3rd of the video intentionally blurred? When did this stupid format become so prevalent?! KNOCK THAT BULLSH*T OFF RIGHT NOW, F*CKHEADS!!!  grrr

[/geezer_mode]
Every time I've seen that its because it was shot in portrait mode on a phone, so they need to do something to fill in the sides to make it fit your screen. The blurred part is just the video blown up/stretched out and lightened.

WELL TELL THEM TO KNOCK THAT STUPID SH*T OFF, GODDAMMIT! IT'S ANNOYING AS FU--

*AHEM*

Howzabout they just leave the left and right sides black... like a reverse letterbox format.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2015, 11:55:07 AM »

I hate my job.

SMS set complete!
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2015, 02:28:55 PM »

These kids are getting that small town family bar experience that I had as a kid! Except without the bar, and the small town.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2015, 12:29:42 PM »

I just thought of something... Where'd James go?

Last Active: June 27, 2014
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2015, 05:04:45 PM »

He jumps into chat on occasion.
But chat tends to be empty.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2015, 06:27:44 PM »

I just thought of something... Where'd James go?

Last Active: June 27, 2014

Holy cow, you're right!

SMS set complete!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2015, 11:59:30 PM »

James is still in Auckland, last I chatted with him. It has been a while, though.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 61 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length