RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:00:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | November 2020 Playthrough - Bioshock 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: November 2020 Playthrough - Bioshock 2  (Read 10709 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« on: October 09, 2020, 03:32:54 PM »

Who's your Daddy?  Again.....

In November, Rich (singlebanana) and Shawn (GrayGhost81) keep that creepy vibe going by returning to the sequel of a former November playthrough with the second game in the Bioshock series, Bioshock 2.  Bioshock 2 is a 2007, first-person shooter that takes place 8 years after the events of the first game. You take on the role of Subject Delta, a Big Daddy brought back to existence by the Little Sisters and your companion Eleanor. In order to survive, you must track down her mother, Sofia Lamb and ultimately rescue your "little sis" no matter the odds or consequences.  What twists and turns await you in the dystopian city of Rapture?  Which of the multiple endings will you attain?  And will you ultimately show the citizens and your enemies of Rapture who's their Big Daddy?

Participants:
grayghost81
singlebanana
shaggy
Mr_Stubbes
Disposed Hero
MetalFRO
wildbil52
douglie007

Checkpoints
Week 1: Reach Pauper's Drop
Week 2: Reach Dionysus Park
Week 3: Reach Persephone
Week 4: Complete the game
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 09:47:59 AM by GrayGhost81 » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 03:53:12 PM »

The little sister?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 08:58:23 PM »

Bioshock 2?

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 11:08:47 PM »

If it is Bioshock 2, I'm in.  I was listening to the latest Collectorcast and they mentioned the series and it made me want to get back into the series.  I've only played the first and was going to start the second one next.

SMS set complete!
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 06:02:14 AM »

If it is Bioshock 2, I'm in.  I was listening to the latest Collectorcast and they mentioned the series and it made me want to get back into the series.  I've only played the first and was going to start the second one next.

I’ve played all three of them and they all definitely are worth a playthrough of there own. If it is Bioshock 2 I may have to play all three of the games since it’s been a long time since I’ve played them.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 09:06:44 AM »

Nailed it guys!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 11:42:31 AM »

Cool, I love the original BioShock but haven't played through the sequels yet, so I'm going to try to get in on this one. I tried to play BioShock 2 some 10 years ago and got about halfway through it but hit a glitch (?) at a certain point that would have forced me to load an earlier save and replay a chunk of the game, but I just stopped playing at that point. Always wanted to come back to it and continue the series.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 01:55:59 PM »

I'm in! I still haven't got back to these games after we played the 1st one in a play-through, so now's a great time for me to jump back in.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 08:23:41 AM »

I'm in as well and secured a copy of the Bioshock Collection for the PS4. If anyone is looking to pick up all three titles along with all single player DLC. Amazon has the Bioshock collection for PS4/XBO for just under $20 and the switch version for about $30.

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2020, 03:09:07 PM »

Can I play?  Would Love to play Minerva's Den again if there is any extra credit for that

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2020, 02:27:26 PM »

I'll do some bioshock, its one my wife likes so I might get more game play than I did in Oct.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2020, 10:07:22 AM »

We should all try to get together one of the nights and try the online multiplayer out.

SMS set complete!
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2020, 05:47:40 PM »

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!!

I'll be curious to know what the checkpoints are. I started this afternoon, and already got my 1st 2 Plasmid upgrades, telekinesis, and incinerate. Like the 1st game, it often feels like I'm fighting for resources, because I often get caught off guard by enemies, and by the time I turn around, or find them, I'm down half my health, or more. Hopefully, as I go along, I can improve. I do feel like I have an advantage this time, since I've been playing the Gears games, of at least doing more aiming lately, so I'm more used to it. However, your character feels incredibly weak, especially since you're supposed to be a Big Daddy. Yes, I know you're an "early model" and technically, you were dead before, but even so, it seems like just a handful of gunshots, and you go down like a Big Wuss, instead. Hopefully, some future Plasmid upgrades will make your character a bit more hardy.

Already had my first Big Sister encounter - those ladies don't mess around! I wouldn't call it as difficult a fight as the standard Big Daddies, but she certainly cleaned my clock a couple times, before I was able to take her out. I'm guessing they don't get much easier later, even with Adam-based upgrades, because you'll maybe have to take on more than 1 at a time, or have to face off with one alongside regular enemies. Just thinking they'll repeat that kind of thing from the 1st game. But so far, I'm progressing faster than I did in the original, and I think I'm enjoying it more. The rivet gun is pretty sweet, and the hacking is so much easier. Big quality of life upgrade, there.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2020, 01:49:06 PM »

I got a big jump on the game over the weekend and am probably about halfway through it already. I'm not sure if I'm past the point where I stopped years ago, but I remember absolutely nothing about the game anyway. I'm really enjoying it so far though and am having a hard time putting it down. I'm playing on the Hard difficulty which I was worried would get a bit too frustrating for my liking, but I feel like it has been giving me the perfect level of challenge.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2020, 02:07:33 PM »

I'm hesitant to speak for Rich but he and I are a little behind, still working on Fatal Frame.

Steven, would you mind putting up a few checkpoints for the first couple of weeks? I trust your judgment and if you're halfway through the game already I think you're the right man for the job. Feel free to add them to the op if you're down for it. Thank you!

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length