RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:17:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | Shmup Club December 2020 - Flight of Pigarus 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Shmup Club December 2020 - Flight of Pigarus  (Read 8668 times)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2020, 11:49:47 AM »

Upped my 5 minute PB again! I'm beginning to see how you reached the score you did,  zoydo. Seems like you have really well optimized the 5 minute mode quite well.

* 20201223_204112.jpg (2242.61 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 252 times.)

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2020, 10:55:12 AM »

Anyone have thoughts to share about Flight of Pigarus to close out the month?

FauxMacho
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2021, 12:32:36 AM »

I just able to get 2min score a touch better at 29,530 and got a 5min time of 65,230.
I was never able to off the 5 min final boss but I did get close.

I'm never played much of any caravan shooter but this was really fun so I hope there's one in the future of the club. The game's visuals were really great, really sharp looking for a Master System game. Health and power being tied together was a great choice too. I found myself restarting less than I might usually when aiming for a high score because it was fairly easy to rebound from an early mistake. I like playing with trying to defeat waves asap since the next immediately spawns, but it all seemed to average out in the end for me. I'm not sure exactly how that worked, would the bosses always spawn at the same time, but if you played fast you could get a few more waves and points in?

The one small complaint I have is the sound effect when you take a hit is very slight, specially if you are hitting enemies at the same time. It would take me an extra moment to notice I got depowered and then I was maybe missing the next powerup. Oh and I wish I read the manual sooner because it took me too long to learn about the speed toggle button.

Like every other game ever made, PUT THIS ON THE SWITCH!

* pig4.png (4.63 KB, 256x192 - viewed 361 times.)

* pig3.png (5.43 KB, 256x192 - viewed 368 times.)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length