RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:47:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | May 2021 Playthrough - Axiom Verge 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: May 2021 Playthrough - Axiom Verge  (Read 13686 times)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2021, 09:39:14 AM »

Started on the weekend. Beat a couple bosses.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2021, 01:37:14 PM »

I started the game last night and also got through the first couple of bosses. Really digging the game so far!

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2021, 07:47:44 AM »

I just found the gun that distorts the enemy.  Not sure where to go next, so I'll just wonder around. Anyone found a good guide?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2021, 08:11:54 AM »

I fired this up last night, and have decided I'm going to stream my full play-through. This will be my 3rd run through the game overall, and I decided to go back to where I started with it, so I'm playing the Wii U digital version. This game is so rad. The soundtrack is killer, which just helps with the atmosphere. I had forgotten how weak you are when you start out, so you have to be very careful not to get hit. I think it took me 3 tries to beat the 1st boss, because I kept getting in the path of the bombs. I've already managed to reach multiple areas, and have the remote drone upgrade now. Not sure where I need to go next, but between the drone and the white lab coat, I'm pretty sure that will allow me to move around to new spots I couldn't reach before. There are a couple spots where I thought for sure I'd be able to progress with the Disruptor, but it had no effect on the corruption, so I don't remember if there's an upgrade for it later, or another ability that unlocks those locations, so I'll just have to keep going, and figure that out. Really digging it again, though, as I thought I would!

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2021, 09:48:39 AM »

I'm playing on the WiiU. Many things I love about this game. The music is phenomenal and I love the graphics on a big HD screen.

I started the game a few weeks ago and got through maybe four or five of the areas relatively quickly, but lately I've been spinning my wheels. I may have to look up a walkthrough because the last three times I fired up the game I made zero progress. I'm not a huge fan of 'what the hell do I do next' games but I was really cruising with this one so I'd like to stick with it.

I felt the same way my first time through, Unlike something like Metroid Zero Mission that clearly lays out where to go next, Axiom leaves if up to you.  For me, I got super stuck the first time through and after looking at a walkthrough he area I had to go to next was accessible with a power up that I had but didnt know I was supposed to use on the wall/blockage.  I dont have this problem on future playthroughs.  I would recommend looking at a faq if you are stuck and then as soon as you are not stuck, shut the faq up.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2021, 09:58:39 AM »

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2021, 10:09:07 AM »

That made me laugh big

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2021, 10:51:17 AM »

That made me laugh big

I'm really glad, I was super proud of that one lol

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2021, 03:58:23 PM »

The music soothed the savage beast.

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2021, 05:14:33 PM »

The soundtrack is so good!

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2021, 08:48:02 AM »

The soundtrack is so good!

I agree. I’m glad I opened my Multiverse edition, cause it came with the soundtrack on CD. It’s been making my rush hour commute, much more enjoyable.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2021, 01:11:45 PM »

Since I own the Multiverse Edition on 3 formats, I have that CD 3 times, and I have the vinyl as well. I guess you could say I'm a fan of the soundtrack slick

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2021, 10:07:17 AM »

I'm streaming my run through Axiom Verge this time, so here's part 1, which I streamed last Wednesday. Hoping to stream it again this coming Wednesday:

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2021, 01:18:47 PM »

I've been working on this one and think I'm pretty far through it. The last big item I got was the Address Bomb if that's a good indication of how far along I am (I honestly don't know). I've been really enjoying it though. I've gotten pretty frustrated a few times with getting lost and not knowing where to go next, but I usually find plenty of worthwhile upgrades while wandering aimlessly, so it all works out I guess.

There are a lot of weapons in the game. Do you guys have any favorites? I mainly lean on the Voranj, but I tend not to experiment much once I find something I like.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2021, 08:44:47 AM »

Early on, I like the Kilver, despite its short range. It's fairly powerful, and is really good for some situations. Hoping to stream the game again tonight.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length