RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:13:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Introduce yourself please 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 100 Print
Author Topic: Introduce yourself please  (Read 407435 times)
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« on: June 08, 2004, 06:59:41 AM »

Introduce yourself!  Let us know who you are, where you're from, what your favorite video game system is, a little bit about your collection, or the name of the wart on your left foot.  This thread will allow us to get to know a little bit about each other.

Once you're done with that, take a moment to fill out your profile.  Be sure to put a marker on the map where you live by following the "Member Map" link at the top of this page.

Please stick to introductions only in this topic.  If you'd like to respond to somebody else's introduction, click on their username and follow the "Send this user a private message" link at the bottom of their profile.  It's a great feature to use for introduction topics as well as other personal questions or comments directed at a single user.

I'm Mark, 21 years old and I live in the Netherlands. I study law. Not a very fun study, but I wouldn't really know what else to do.
I start gaming on a pc, before I moved on to the master system. Since then I've always had a weak spot for sega. I've got about 550 games at the moment, and it's not really growing in amount. Whenever I buy something, I usually sell something too. I'm working on a complete saturn collection, only 16 more to go, woohoo!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 07:08:20 AM by Arrrhalomynn » Logged
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 07:08:26 AM »

I'm Mike.  I live in Cincinnati, OH, and lately have been spending my life doing a whole lot of nothing.  I'm hoping that this web site will keep me occupied and be a lot of fun as well.  I've been collecting video games for as long as I could play them, and have always wanted my own video game website.  With the other awesome staff members we have here, it'll surely be an awesome experience.

I collect just about anything I can get my hands on, but have a soft spot for NES, as it was my first system as a kid.  The neo-classics are all personal favorites, but I am still known to play Breakout on my 2600 for more hours than is normally considered healthy.  Of course, I still try to keep up with current releases as well.

Oh, and I ate a guinea pig in Peru once.  

Hope to see you around the boards!

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 07:09:45 AM »

Hi everybody.  I am Jay.  I currently study electrical and computer engineering at Purdue. I live in Cincinnati, the Queen City.  I am not really a video game collector, but I do enjoy playing them.  I found this board through Nep, whom I am friends with outside of the Internet.

I would have to say that my favorite system is N64, mainly because it was the first system I ever really had games for. (I had SNES, but only Super Mario Bros. and Street Fighter.) Plus, it just owned PS, even though no one else thought so.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 06:01:50 PM by hydrobond » Logged

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 07:58:16 AM »

Hi everybody,
I'm Mike and I live in Detroit.  I've been collecting games my whole life, but I've only been obsessivly collecting for about a year and a half.  Right now I have just over 700 games and 21 systems.
I've also been seeing the same girl (Krissi....YAY!) for over 7 years now, and when I get married your all invited. Wink
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 10:42:39 AM »

I'm Dennis, 36 and from the state of Michigan. I have a wife (Carol), daughter (Allison) and a dog (Stevie) and a fierce habit for collecting.

I collect anything and everything video game related. My first sytem was the Atari 2600, then the Commodore 64, then NES, then Genesis, then PS1. Then I decided I might as well try to get them all. Along the way I've been finding out just how much there is to get, but damn it's fun looking.

I'm particularly fond of the hunt. Thrift Stores, Flea Markets, Garage Sales, the bargain bins. I hit em' all.

Odonadon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 10:55:10 AM »

What, this again?  I had to copy and paste from the old old message board to the last one.  Now it's gone - I have no idea what I put.

Hi - it's me and I'm here.  I was born some time in the past an I am a gender.  I've heard of video games before.

OD
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 10:55:40 AM by Odonadon » Logged

If Jesus were alive today I'm sure he'd own a PS2.
http://turbo2k.net - TurboGrafx-16 Megasite.
Geondp
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 11:49:25 AM »

Woot again.. Well im Geondp from Greeley Colorado... Nothing much to say lazy lazy lazy...play mostly rpgs. But love all games give me a controller and im happy

Fuck you asshole Ill fuck you in the butt lets get DIRTY!!-Geondp
Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 12:37:48 PM »

Again!

Rob, 22, from good ol' Britain.  I play too many games, too much guitar, and don't do enough work.  Start and stop collections in strange ways, generally I get rid of something or other when the moths in my wallet need something else to eat.  Other than that, I play clanned online games a lot, and have been for around 6 years.

http://sureshot.sulphuricacid.co.uk/eee.jpg < yours truly.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 12:06:28 PM by Sureshot » Logged

Me vs Gretzky
thx1138
3DO

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 05:35:11 AM »

I'm Mark. Married, 32 years old, from Bedford, England, but grew up near Brighton. I hardly ever do any real work. Currently I work just 8 hours a week for the Royal Mail. Everything in my house is pretty much salvage, or second hand, or a freebie, or I've done some work for a friend in exchange for something. My food comes from the cheapest stores, and I holiday out of season, and don't own a car. I'm happy with this lifestyle, stuff the rat-race I say. Smiley

Get everywhere by bicycle, and go games hunting by bicycle too. Only really seriousy started a collectio  this year, but I've bee into retro for 5 years, and playing video games since 1978, and had my first proper machine in 1982.

My collecting is done on a shoestring budget, and I often sell my rarer finds on eBay to fund my collecting overall. I can't stand cardboard boxes, and often throw them away, if Iget a mint boxed game in cardboard I often just sell it
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 05:36:20 AM by thx1138 » Logged

10 PRINT "THX is still skill"
20 GOTO 10
30 REM 24th Sept 2017 ;-)

RUN
digitalpress
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 10:20:58 AM »

I'm Joe Santulli, from scenic Pompton Lakes, NJ.

I'm the Editor-in-Chief of a small but enduring publication known as Digital Press, which is a hybrid of many different forms of media that caters to the gaming elite - those who love the classics. We started eleven years ago and have done seven books and over fifty periodicals.

I'm also a writer for Tips & Tricks magazine, my column, "Collector's Closet" has been running since the September 2001 issue. I like the fact that I get a paycheck from Larry Flynt.

I'm also a co-organizer of Classic Gaming Expo which runs every year (2004 is in the San Jose Convention Center). You can find out more about the show at http://www.cgexpo.com

Finally, our organization has been involved in a number of price guide and game rating-type projects, like the former Manci Games magazine or the very soon to be Video Game Collector magazine. There is no escaping us! BWA! HA! *cough*

As you can probably tell, I get bored pretty easily. Which leads to my collection. I've been avidly collecting since 1977, though I still have an Odyssey system from 1973. I don't know how many games I have in my collection, but it's never enough. I've taken over several rooms in our house. See http://www.videogamecollectors.com for a visual.

Always happy to mingle with other gamers, especially die-hards. See you on the forums!

deadducks
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 02:49:28 PM »

Name is Chris I live in hereford AZ. I collect anything video games

2D Forever
2D-Forever
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2004, 08:21:47 AM »

I'm Lee from the desert kingdom of zona (arizona USA, also arid zona.)  I am not a collector fanatic, and I play the games I own, buying them becuase they are fun.  Currently unemployed.  

I enjoy fighting games the most because I am a fist fighter in real life.  Fun fun.

Poopies, I'm a talking taco again.

-God gave us memories so we could languish in dispair.
-Once delayed, Twice dismayed.  SNK
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2004, 10:40:00 PM »

I'm Kyle
graduate high school next year (2005)
I play videogames, read online comics and live in a crap hole town called Battle Ground in Washington.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 10:40:56 PM by freak_boy » Logged

J-Roc
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2004, 02:26:41 AM »

Justin from Vancouver, B.C., Canada. I've been collecting video games since I was born. I also play just about every sport, my favourite beeing hockey, which I play rep AAA.
T
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2004, 08:24:45 AM »

Hey Guys,  My name is Tracey.  I live in Champaign IL with my
wife and 2 kids.

I manage a Bar and Grill on the campus of University of Illinois

My collection includes most systems( over 40)

Zelda games are my favorite.  No matter how I try I can't get into
Fighting games or role playing games like final fantasy
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 100 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length