RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:35:53 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Collection Milestones 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 172 Print
Author Topic: Collection Milestones  (Read 789880 times)
Nerdy
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #975 on: June 23, 2012, 03:19:19 PM »

PAL Dreamcast games. Smiley
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #976 on: June 28, 2012, 06:17:30 PM »

So my buddy is having a baby and wants to get rid of all his old video game stuff to make room for the new bundle of "joy".  I had no idea what he had, I just knew he had a ton of old nintendo games tucked away in a cabinet somewhere he hasn't opened in years, probably decades.  So I cut a deal with him and bought all his NES games for $150. 

well as it turns out, he had 108 NES games, so I basically paid $1.39 for each game.  Mostly commons and nothing special really, but 40 of them were CIB so that's a pretty sweet deal.

I'm not sure what the value is for a lot of these games.  I started collecting seriously pretty recently so I'm green on all that.  If anyone wants to teach me a few things we'd be best friends for life!

But this one stood out immediately.....

Completely mint, not a single scratch or dog ear.  It even still has the plastic bag that the cart is packaged in and the little styrofoam piece that it sits on in the box.  I about shit my pants.  I know it's not Bubble Bobble 2 or anything, but it's definitely the biggest score I've made yet so I'm pretty excited about it.  $1.39 for TMNT Tournament Fighters for the NES CIB! 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 06:28:16 PM by RetroRage » Logged

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #977 on: June 28, 2012, 06:42:05 PM »

Wow, that is a really FANTASTIC haul. I'm still looking for a TMNT: TF myself and to get that with everything else at such a price is nuts. I know WildBil is looking for CIB NES games he doesn't have if you are looking to turn a little profit, and if not that is a great way to build your collection!

I couldn't tell what the SNK game was because of the reflection, but it looks new and sealed. Awesome.

RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #978 on: June 28, 2012, 06:48:38 PM »

It's Mechanized Attack, and I wish it were sealed....

but it was just a troll from the 90's, laying in wait for 22 years to disappoint the crap out of me.  The top of the plastic was split with a razor blade so he could slide the box in and out.  I'm guessing he kept the plastic because there's a label on it with a description of the game.  Cool I guess, but it's still open :/  I'll take a picture of the label and upload it later so you know what I'm talking about

RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #979 on: June 28, 2012, 06:52:50 PM »

And as far as trades go I'll be interested in the future-ture-ture (sorry my friends and I do that whenever we say the word future, I couldn't help it).  But I'm still building my room, so I'm hanging onto just about everything new I pick up right now.  I do have 6 PS2s and 4 PSones that I'm willing to unload though Smiley

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #980 on: June 28, 2012, 07:10:22 PM »

That really is a phenomenal haul.  Check Werewolf to see if it has the mini comic it was packed with.  That's the piece that is usually missing.

RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #981 on: June 28, 2012, 07:13:01 PM »

Got it!  rad

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #982 on: June 28, 2012, 08:37:51 PM »

Stopped in at a random Goodwill on the way from my kid's baseball game tonight on a whim.  They had a rack with CDs and I happened to notice a few NES games.  I started looking them over and found the usual commons: John Elway's QB, Top Gun, World Cup Soccer/Super Spike V'Ball, and then I saw a copy of Break Time: The National Pool Tour.  All of the games were priced $7 each.....uh, hated to pay that much, but it was Goodwill, so the money went to a good cause.  Anyway, the "milestone," right.  This was a great find for me, since I now have a very short list of NES licensed titles.  Break Time is the 650th NES game I have added to my collection.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #983 on: June 28, 2012, 09:52:57 PM »

very nice banana.  i'm never lucky enough to even find one NES title at goodwill.  its either sports titles for ps2 or nothing.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #984 on: June 28, 2012, 09:53:17 PM »

Wow, that is great Banana. You're closing in on the home stretch.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #985 on: July 03, 2012, 03:02:24 PM »

Picked up my first PAL-region title today-- A CIB Warhammer 40,000: Fire Warrior for the PS2-- even though I don't even have a PAL-region PS2. But for $0.50, I figured it'd be a nice addition to my stack anyway.

Now I'm looking at the blurbs on the back cover, one of which reads, "Starring the voice talents of Tom Baker and...

...BRIAN BLESSED?!

HOLYFREAKIN'CRAPIT'SGOTBRIANBLESSEDINITIGOTTAGOPLAYTHISRIGHTTHEHECKNOW!!!OMFGOMFGOMFG--

--oh yeah, I don't have a machine to play this on.

Son of a--

Hey, wait-- I have the NTSC version of it in my collection!

OMFGICANHEARBRIANBLESSEDSPEAKWHENIPLAYTHISMYLIFEISCOMPLETEOMFG!!!

*GAAASP*

Whew, I'm a little lightheaded right now... I'm gonna sit down for a bit.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #986 on: July 06, 2012, 08:47:38 PM »

Got my first Japanese Dreamcast title and piece of hardware today.
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #987 on: July 07, 2012, 01:35:24 PM »

Well don't keep us guessing! Come on, details! Pictures! This isn't Psychic Generation.
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #988 on: July 07, 2012, 01:37:50 PM »

Well don't keep us guessing! Come on, details! Pictures! This isn't Psychic Generation.

...and then I thought, "hmmmm, maybe he put it in the small scores thread....."
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #989 on: July 07, 2012, 09:24:33 PM »

...and then I thought, "hmmmm, maybe he put it in the small scores thread....."

Aaaand then what didja do?  Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 172 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length