RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:08:25 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Collection Milestones 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 173 Print
Author Topic: Collection Milestones  (Read 795324 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1905 on: April 11, 2015, 07:51:54 PM »

666 PS2 Games

}:-)

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1906 on: April 11, 2015, 10:40:09 PM »

666 PS2 Games

}:-)

They made that many? Oh, what am I saying, of course they did.

I have a reverse milestone to announce: I have less than 200 full PS1 games now.
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1907 on: April 13, 2015, 12:47:45 PM »

I've reached 200 PS2 games... Although that's including some demos and a few empty boxes...
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1908 on: April 14, 2015, 01:54:11 AM »

i'll continue the 200 train with 200 N64 games, all CIB except for 28, only 3 of which are loose and the rest have at least the manual or the box.

i passed 200 with a lot of 3 games, so i'll pick Donald Duck Goin' Quackers as #200.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1909 on: April 18, 2015, 11:44:25 AM »

Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast marks 425 unique GameCube games for me. It is starting to get extremely difficult to find titles I do not already own. Heck, I got on eBay and did a search and the only title out of the 200 I looked through was Ikaruga. Looks like that might be one I will own in the near future if I can get a good deal on it.

GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1910 on: April 18, 2015, 01:17:00 PM »

Just hit 6300 with some games my brother bought at target.

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
steven1994
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1911 on: April 19, 2015, 01:13:39 AM »

damn i havnt even hit 100 total yet. and everybodys got like 1000's. damn sucks bein poor
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1912 on: April 19, 2015, 01:47:21 AM »

damn i havnt even hit 100 total yet. and everybodys got like 1000's. damn sucks bein poor

gotta start somewhere, a lot of us have been doing it for years, or decades in some cases. i started in late 2008 and i'm only around 600.

congrats nick, that's really impressive. won't be long before you're #1 in the collectors list on the site Wink
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1913 on: April 19, 2015, 03:42:22 AM »

Yo, don't you worry about lack of funds. Good things come to those who hunt. Never be ashamed of looking for bargains either. I'm well near 1000 games and I'm a poor schmuck. Keep trying!
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1914 on: April 19, 2015, 02:04:38 PM »

Yeah, I am a little under 1000, my collection did not really take off until last year, when I started concentrating most of my extra money to my collection. I pretty much had to stop collecting comics, and buying things new to even do it. I got into collecting about 2010. So it has taken me a while to get there. I probably increased my collection by 1/3 this year alone.

Just like Flee said, getting things for a bargain is the way to go. I rarely ever buy a game brand new, because I know unless it is a very small print run or collector's edition, I will see it for $10 less in a few months used.

Thrift stores, hit it them up as often as you can. Check ebay often to see if there are any steals on there. I have gotten wholesale lots off ebay for really great deals. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.  If I buy games on ebay it is mostly through auctions. I rarely ever get games using the Buy it Now option, since they are usually priced at market value or more.  I only use the Buy It Now, when I see a really good price. I got some great grabs using this method. 

You have to be patient and don't get discouraged if the Thrift Stores are dry, keep going back to them. I am under the thinking that eventually most things end up at the thrift store. Call me delusional Smiley

I would also suggest looking on here for stuff, since a lot of people on here sell things for less than market value.

Happy Hunting and Goodspeed!

steven1994
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1915 on: April 19, 2015, 03:43:14 PM »

ya dont go to alot of thrift stores. but there some nice flea markets in my area and ill start hitting those more often. and garage sale season is here so ill keep my eye out. plus theres a great video game store in my area. some prices on the more well known titles are pretty pricey but every now and then i find great games for a great price so its a great place to go.i just found the collectors edition of final fantasy xii  mint for 10 bucks.
steven1994
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1916 on: April 19, 2015, 05:16:04 PM »

and where do i find what people are selling?
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1917 on: April 20, 2015, 03:23:09 AM »

Wow. You sound a lot like me, Fokakis. I also gave up on my comic collecting to try and focus on games for a bit. I am a single guy and work a good job. I have spent a lot of money the past couple years, but have managed to build a very decent 1000+ game library. I am guessing that two years ago, I had MAYBE 75 games?

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
GamerNick
Collector of All Things Video Game Related
Sega Genesis
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1918 on: April 20, 2015, 08:11:20 AM »

My journey to 6300+ has been a doozie to say the least but now that I can actually afford shopping (which I will be cutting back quite a bit) it's still fun to go out and find good deals sadly we have one indoor flea market and one person has a huge game set up and he is way over priced like eBay overprice.  There are plenty of good people on here that could help you get a decent collection started without breaking your bank. I have hooked fokakis up quite a bit myself as he has done the same for me! 

this is a great community steven1994 and we are here to help :-)

Nick Procopio
BNS Games
"Gotta Play To Win"
www.bnsgames.com
Looking for CIB - NES Games or Boxes & Manuals in Bulk.
steven1994
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #1919 on: April 20, 2015, 11:14:37 AM »

My journey to 6300+ has been a doozie to say the least but now that I can actually afford shopping (which I will be cutting back quite a bit) it's still fun to go out and find good deals sadly we have one indoor flea market and one person has a huge game set up and he is way over priced like eBay overprice.  There are plenty of good people on here that could help you get a decent collection started without breaking your bank. I have hooked fokakis up quite a bit myself as he has done the same for me! 

this is a great community steven1994 and we are here to help :-)
there  are guys at my flea market too who have tons of retro games but there prices are so high. i never go to them i always look through the booths with random stuff everywhere. thats where you find the good stuff. you have to dig but finding megaman 1 for 2 bucks makes it all worth it.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 173 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length