RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:39:20 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Thread of Gaming Randomness 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 Print
Author Topic: The Thread of Gaming Randomness  (Read 421899 times)
Ikariniku
Atari 7800

Stats
« Reply #1620 on: December 02, 2018, 08:20:08 PM »

I visited my mother today and she was watching a Christmas movie from 1996 called A Different Kind of Christmas starring Shelley Long and Barry Bostwick.  I didn't pay much attention, but all of a sudden I heard the familiar sound of DK Island Swing.  I look, and Barry Bostwick and the child lead are playing Donkey Kong Country on an SNES. 

Barry and the kid talk about the game nonspecifically ("Is your mom any good at this game?"  "She stinks!"), and, amazingly, Barry's use of the controller looked natural and appropriate, not flailing and obviously fake as is often the case.  Just a weird gaming moment injected into my day.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1621 on: December 16, 2018, 03:42:13 PM »

AVGN plays the Home Alone games with a very special guest Cheesy

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1622 on: December 16, 2018, 04:00:45 PM »

Haha, I watched that yesterday not long after it was posted. I've always loved the early Home Alone movies and enjoy AVGN's content, so this was cool to watch.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

RobotWillie
Don't You Know Blackmail is Way Uncool
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1623 on: March 24, 2019, 04:49:33 AM »

I was looking up screenshots to post to bring back the screenshot guessing topic, I was going to do Wall Street Kid, but I had to show this funny shirt instead I will pick another game. It does take a certain guy of patience and insanity to play Wall Street Kid as if others do Mario and Contra.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1624 on: March 24, 2019, 09:44:52 AM »

That shirt is awesome!! And as a Wall Street Kid defender it's not nearly as bad as the premise seems like it would be. I enjoyed playing through it.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1625 on: April 11, 2019, 07:19:44 AM »

http://www.nintendolife.c...s_getting_a_cheap_reprint

That will make collectors happy!

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1626 on: April 11, 2019, 10:19:08 AM »

I saw this yesterday - stoked for this!!!

mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #1627 on: October 05, 2019, 02:51:47 PM »

ReddMcKnight
Ace Jago Player
Donor

Stats
« Reply #1628 on: October 07, 2019, 05:49:44 PM »

Far Cry 5 told me to jump, but being paranoid of "game ending decisions" thanks to Metal Gear Solid 2 and X-Men (Sega Genesis), I stood there in-game for about 5 full minutes before I actually did anything. Games have made me paranoid. Tongue

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1629 on: October 10, 2019, 05:47:11 PM »

I saw this yesterday - stoked for this!!!
Guh, missed it by a mere 4 months. We need some kind of centralized thread or something to keep track of retro reissues and homebrews. I somehow missed LRG's "Hole New World" OST NES cartridge earlier this year and had to track one down on ebay. There's @LimitedGameNews on Twitter but they don't cover everything. Perhaps an RFGentlemen-run Twitter account for collecting news is in need..
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1630 on: December 03, 2019, 12:25:17 AM »

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1631 on: March 26, 2020, 09:49:16 AM »

I finally purchased a Black PS2 Slim today.

monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1632 on: May 28, 2020, 10:17:24 PM »

Hey, so I dunno if this is quite the right place to post/ask this BUT I am having humidity issues in my basement where everything is stored and played that is causing my particle board shelving units to buckle a bit. I have a dehumidifier going and am attempting to rectify the sagging wood. In the event its bent for good, do you guys have solutions for shelving that is not going to be affected by the moisture? Plastic or metal I assume, but I seem to be having a hard time finding game /DVD storage options that would work. I have the equivalent of about 600 games worth (accounting for extra thickness on some limited/collectors éditions. I don't mind buying two, as that's what I have going on now. Thanks in advance.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1633 on: May 29, 2020, 08:55:05 AM »

From experience, big humidifiers will show up on the electric bill, just a warning. They won't fix the damaged particle board, but may be worth it since the humidity will effect any paper or cardboard boxes.

Stainless steel shelves would be my first suggestion, though they can be clunky and pricey.  If you are at all handy with tools, treated lumber (most places where you buy it can cut it to size for you), a box of nails and a hammer are your next best bet.

It can take awhile to learn how to make decent shelving but it is well worth it. Custom jobs are super pricey.

Just some thoughts Smiley

Keelah se'lai
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1634 on: June 21, 2020, 11:10:50 PM »

We're finally getting a Metal Gear parody!

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length