RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:49:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | MGS4 coming to the 360. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MGS4 coming to the 360.  (Read 1360 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« on: January 02, 2008, 06:12:44 PM »

I don't know how true this is, but reports are leaking.

http://xboxfamily.com/xf/...&id=1123&Itemid=2

We'll see if there's more support to back the story in the coming months.

Tan
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 06:21:26 PM »

I hope it does just so I don't have to hear about these damn rumors every time I want to read gaming news. Roll Eyes
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 07:37:01 PM »

I call BS.

http://www.reuters.com/ar...ews/idUSLAU93973120071129

Wouldn't surprise me if that Xbox Family site just made that up to get hits.

Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 09:45:39 PM »

^I disagree. The reason is that the 360 release being 12-14 months after the PS3 release makes sense for an exclusivity agreement. If they were solely out to just "get hits", they would likely exaggerate that to maybe 9 months or so to draw attention.

All I'm saying is that it's possible that it's accurate. Time will tell obviously.

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 10:30:14 PM »

Oh, I don't deny that it's possible for it to come onto 360, but I don't know that Konami would go back on their word after saying for years that it's PS3 only. Just doesn't seem likely, especially since Sony themselves have been touting it as a big name exclusive.

But who knows. I could be wrong and it might show up on 360. If it does, that's great. Glad more people can experience it. However until Konami actually comes out and explicitly says "We are releasing Metal Gear Solid 4 for the Xbox 360" I will continue to believe it's a PS3 exclusive. Smiley

Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 10:51:05 PM »

And Konami probably CAN'T say anything about a 360 version until the contract with Sony says they can. Roll Eyes Oh well.

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 01:06:38 AM »

Yeah, but we don't know anything that's going on behind the scenes with Konami. Sony could have a gag order on them, but eh, I don't want to jump to conclusions.

Now, I hope it does make it to 360 because I love MGS and I really hope it reaches as many people as possible, especially those who may have missed out on the previous games or those who want to play it but have a 360. I wish I could say the same for some of my fellow PS3 owners/fans, but a lot of them are selfish morons who want every game to themselves. Roll Eyes

But part of me hopes it stays on PS3.  evilhappy Wink
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 01:11:31 AM by Tondog » Logged

Follow me on Twitter
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 03:51:12 PM »

but I don't know that Konami would go back on their word after saying for years that it's PS3 only

Sure they would it is called money. Unless a game is being published or developed by the console maker exclusives are going bye bye. IMO
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 03:52:52 PM by Tynstar » Logged

Tan
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 04:02:17 PM »

I'm sure fans of the series said the same thing when MGS2 was out. "No way would it ever come out on the Xbox", or "That kiddie Gamecube would never get a MGS game". LOL

Money talks, that's why we have these:

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-075-S-01900-A

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-076-S-01600-A

Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length