RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:52:50 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Collection Milestones 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] Print
Author Topic: Collection Milestones  (Read 789659 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2565 on: February 07, 2024, 08:11:01 PM »

I'VE COLLECTED MY 10.000TH POST ON THE RF GENERATION FORUM! YAY ME! Cheesy

I mean, okay, the last 1500 were almost exclusively back-and-forth posts with Shaggy in the 3-Word Story and Word Association on the Idle Chatter board... But STILL! Roll Eyes

Besides, it's not like there are a lot of people around here to converse with, anyway. Most of the heavy hitters around here picked up stakes and went off to the RF Gen Discord forum, the turncoats.  Angry

Also, I've been stuck at 5 stars for several years now. What does it take to get promoted around here, I wonder? Huh

Sheesh... this started as a celebration, and now I'm just bummed out. I'm not even sure I wanna post on the forum anymore.  Sad

I, ummm... I'm gonna go now. Most likely back to the Idle Chatter forum to cheaply pad my post count to the next big milestone... whatever that might be.  Cry

See y'all there I guess...

Congrats!!!!  party beer xmas

I definitely feel your sentiment about the forums.  It's basically just us two.  Remember when the forums were bustling and people posted?  Wait!  I should post that in the Remember when thread.  Anyways, welcome to the club, pal.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2566 on: February 07, 2024, 10:43:06 PM »

Congrats!!!!  party beer xmas

I definitely feel your sentiment about the forums.  It's basically just us two.  Remember when the forums were bustling and people posted?  Wait!  I should post that in the Remember when thread.  Anyways, welcome to the club, pal.

Um... you already posted about that on the "Remember When" almost a year ago.

Remember when you remembered what you'd already posted on the "Remember When" thread? Apparenlty not...
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #2567 on: February 08, 2024, 12:21:26 AM »

10.000th post? What's going on here? I leave for like, a day, and you switch to some weirdo European format? Commas dude....
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2568 on: February 08, 2024, 02:08:49 AM »

10.000th post? What's going on here? I leave for like, a day, and you switch to some weirdo European format? Commas dude....

Oh sure, NOW you decide to pay a visit, acting like you're completely blameless in the decline of this once-prosperous online community.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2569 on: February 08, 2024, 04:48:34 AM »

Oh sure, NOW you decide to pay a visit, acting like you're completely blameless in the decline of this once-prosperous online community.

You see that, Zag?  Someone finally decided to join us....for a moment.

SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2570 on: February 08, 2024, 11:45:13 PM »

He should come back around in about three months or so.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2571 on: February 09, 2024, 01:43:21 AM »

He should come back around in about three months or so.

Maybe longer.

SMS set complete!
MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #2572 on: February 09, 2024, 03:45:01 PM »

The story of my Regular edition - ESRB (US) set is

- According to my count - I only need 1 titled that I cannot find Sad

Digimon World: Next Order

- 2 titles are on the list that are released in 2023 - but in reality the company lost the commercial license (I know for sure one of the carts exists as I saw pictures with 1000) but not sure when those will reach market (definitely not in 2023)

Game Paradise: Cruisin Mix Special, The
Radirgy Swag

- 6 tiles I have ordered but I am expecting the packages to reach (those are some odd - for example for Blade Runner and Smile for me I already have the VHS edition (BR) and Collector's Edition (S4M) .. so I can strike them down from my "missing" (but I want a real RE collection of switch titles - no slip covers, no steelbooks, no Day 1 edition, no LE/SE/CE's ... just the regular edition of the game)

Batora: Lost Haven
Black Book
Blade Runner Enhanced Edition
Boy and His Blob Retro Collection, A
Buddy Simulator 1984
Smile for Me

There are titles that never received a Regular Edition (RE) a few examples are - La Mulana I&II, Witch on the Holy Night, Nintendo Labo games .. etc - for those I already have the special/limited edition - but I also want the RE's (so basically somebody that opened the Day 1 / Limited / Special or Collector's Edition package and want to sell the game separately) - I need to build that list but is about 20-30 titles maximum.

Other oddities
- I collect cover variants Smiley .. I have around 100 titles .. but I am sure there are more, unfortunately hard to track down
- I collect versions - there are different versions of the game carts that contain different version of the game (usually the game gets patched - for a game breaking bug or some kind of add-ons are included at a later time)  also hard to track but I am focusing on Nintendo franchise games as those are more common Smiley (especially in the gamestop stores where I can actually check the cartridge version)

I can say with a fair degree of certainty that both The Game Paradise: Cruisin' Mix and Radirgy Swag physical releases from Dispatch Games are unlikely to ever release. They keep posting the occasional breadcrumb on social media claiming that "it's really happening guys, honest!" but I don't see it ever coming to fruition. That ship has almost guaranteed to have sailed, unfortunately.

rodarkone
N-Gage
Romania

Stats
« Reply #2573 on: February 12, 2024, 09:22:04 PM »

Exactly - the guy from Dispatch games lied his audience a couple of times - but I clearly remember a picture of 1000 switch cartridge's Smiley so .. you never know Cheesy

Anyway - big achievement today - 2700 Switch games (game nr 2700 - Norn 9 Last Era Limited Edition)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2574 on: February 26, 2024, 09:16:15 AM »

Animal Crossing is my fifteenth GameCube game Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length