RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:16:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | August 22 - The Wizard comes to DVD 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: August 22 - The Wizard comes to DVD  (Read 2673 times)
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: August 21, 2006, 02:15:14 AM »

This is a movie that I really enjoyed growing up and I'm sure I will purchase it in the near future. I love how Fred Savage is wearing the Power Glove, when in the movie he never put it on. It was all Lucas. lol.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/...6799036?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

* B000FVQLM0.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V50666945_.jpg (57.22 KB, 500x500 - viewed 223 times.)

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 02:50:19 AM »

Never seen it. Now Wizards, that's some high quality cheaply animated futuristic fantasy world with an awesome 80's style clashing electric guitar soundtrack.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 11:11:15 AM »

I have never seen it either.

tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 05:12:52 PM »

its an amazing movie and deepdiscountdvd.com had it for $9.43 when i ordered it....i dont know if it arrived yet, as i had it shipped to my old address (and im at my apartment now, but my parents should be bringing it out this saturday if it arrives)

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
atari_wizard
Sega Master System
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 11:43:35 PM »

its an amazing movie and deepdiscountdvd.com had it for $9.43 when i ordered it....i dont know if it arrived yet, as i had it shipped to my old address (and im at my apartment now, but my parents should be bringing it out this saturday if it arrives)

Thank you, I just might order from them then. Thanks for the link.

Have you played Pitfall II today?

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/atari_wizard.png[/img]
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 03:57:23 PM »

my parents dropped my copy off at my apartment this weekend, clean looking dvd, love the cover, especially, as someone said, the power glove that only Lucas wore......great movie, now i gotta find time to watch my copy

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 09:01:41 PM »

I just wanted to say thanks for the link to that DVD site.

It kicks ass Smiley

I still haven't seen this show either.

Maybe i will pick it up or ask for it as a gift.

I have been told it is a must have for all collectors lol

qixmaster
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2006, 05:26:03 PM »

WHAT?! so many people here have never seen the wizard? At the time it was possibly the biggest (and one of the smartest and sucessful) advertising statements by a video game company.  nintendo WAS very smart back in the day.
ganonbanned
Nintendo 64
United States
Awards: The RFG Kid

Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 11:24:02 AM »

some day I think im going to get a power glove and just say it was the power glove from the movie and sell it on ebay.
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 06:22:15 AM »

The funny thing is that the power glove that he's wearing on the cover is left-handed, whereas I don't think a left-handed one was ever sold! 

I am lucky enough to have bought it new on VHS back when I lived in the states.  Is there anything new added to the DVD version?

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 06:43:10 AM »

The funny thing is that the power glove that he's wearing on the cover is left-handed, whereas I don't think a left-handed one was ever sold! 

I am lucky enough to have bought it new on VHS back when I lived in the states.  Is there anything new added to the DVD version?

yea, i have a copy on vhs as well.....but, how can you beat having this movie on dvd.....

i don't know about added stuff....i havent popped my copy in yet.....

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length