RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:14:13 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Cronenburg Films 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cronenburg Films  (Read 1329 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« on: April 12, 2005, 05:24:44 AM »

I probably spelled his name wrong, but I have to leave in a minute so I don't have time to check.

Anyway, I just wanted to see what you all think of this guy's films.  I think I've only seen three - The Fly, Videodrome, and Scanners.  Of the three, I think I liked Scanners the lease just because while it was a cool idea, it really doesn't work as a movie.  All of the "action" scenes basically consist of two people staring at one another with mean faces until somebody's head explodes.  Not very interesting after the first time it happens.

The Fly was of course great - disgusting, but great.  Good story, good script, good acting, etc.

Videodrome is where things really get interesting though.  I just saw this about a week ago for the first time, and it was pretty trippy.  Needless to say, I enjoyed it.  The concept was very original, and there were several interesting twists I didn't expect.  I can see why Videodrome is the stuff of legends among cult classics.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 07:44:39 AM »

you're close, it's Cronenberg. I've seen a few of his movies and they are all quite strange. it's been quite a while but of the top of my head...

Videodrome - saw this years ago and don't recall much other than that Debbie Harry was in it.

Scanners - I remember the exploding head scene, that's about it.

The Fly - Jeff Goldblum has a quirky way of speaking, add in some fly mannerisms and it's pretty amusing. pretty gross special effects. I remember a scene where he spits or barfs on a guys leg and it burns the skin off like acid.

Nightbreed - based on a Clive Barker book. Main character is some jock or frat boy who gets kiled and becomes and undead freak.  he has to go live in the cemetary with the other undead. there's a whole colony of creepy looking monsters. One in particular I remember was a guy who sliced off all his skin with a razor blade.

Crash - only saw a few scenes while channel surfing on cable. it's about a bunch of people who get sexually aroused by car crashes. they go out get in crashes, then when they are all bloody and mangeled they screw.

I can't say I particularly LIKED any of these movies. They were entertaining enough to keep me interested but nothing that would make my "damn I gotta see that again" list.

one I'd like to see but never have is the Dead Zone. I like Christopher Walken.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 07:47:29 AM by den68 » Logged

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 12:39:19 PM »

I have seen theFly and its remakes(i think there was only 1 though) they Ok but it has been years since i have seen them.
Only remember the title of The Scanners i probably never saw it bcause i don't remember the angry exploding heads you guys spoke of.

Crash sounds f'ed up.

Nightbreed sounds cool. one of my parents may even have that book i should check it out.

And was the Dead Zone TV series based off this DeadZone movie or same name but totaly different?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length