RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 09:22:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you watching right now? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 294 Print
Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 1057761 times)
BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #2850 on: January 13, 2009, 12:10:28 PM »

I went and saw Gran Torino last night. Meh. I was expecting quite a bit more.

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2851 on: January 13, 2009, 01:10:45 PM »

Watched The Dark Knight.

What a piece of crap. Two hours of my life I'll never get back. You know, I could've had my colon flushed or maybe my prostate examined. That would've been a better use of my time. It's actually worse than Batman Begins, I never expected that.

An unskilled 2-bit thug with fancy toys and a lame Eastwood/Godfather voice stars in a boring mindless action movie with plenty of forgettable characters.

Bob Kane is probably rolling in his grave.

I agree completely.
Heath was great, but thats about it

What were you expecting? I was expecting a superhero action movie, it was that, and it was very well done but topped off with a wonderful performance by Ledger. I thought Christian Bale did a fine job, he doesn't really need to act as Batman, and as Bruce Wayne he goes back to an American Psycho type role which I think works quite well. It's not exceptionally deep or anything, there's a flaw or two in the plot, but it's not that exceptionally bad is it?

Like what?

When shall his new form be revealed?
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2852 on: January 13, 2009, 02:42:45 PM »

Quote from: The Maligned Leon

Like what?

Better acting, better dialogue, a bit more plot development, a little less of Eastwood singing.

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Tan
« Reply #2853 on: January 13, 2009, 02:53:08 PM »

Heath Ledger as the Joker? Meh. Better than Cesar Romero sure, but not Jack Nicholson or Mark Hamill.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2854 on: January 13, 2009, 07:04:38 PM »

Watched "The Great Train Robbery" and "A Trip to the Moon" and some other really short silent films earlier today.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2855 on: January 13, 2009, 08:29:09 PM »

Quote from: The Maligned Leon

Like what?

Better acting, better dialogue, a bit more plot development, a little less of Eastwood singing.

Seriously? I just got back from seeing it again, and I'd see it again. Granted him singing at the end brings a bit of a chuckle, but to not see the acting, dialogue, and plot, makes me wonder what movie you were watching. It's same old Eastwood, but older, and with a new background that we haven't seen before--he finds that he's older, but he needs some work at getting wiser.

I love this film, maybe you need to see it with a more appreciative audience.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2856 on: January 13, 2009, 08:37:10 PM »

Watched "The Great Train Robbery" and "A Trip to the Moon" and some other really short silent films earlier today.

The Great Train Robbery was a movie?
Is it in anyway related to the Crichton book or does it just happen to have the same name?

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #2857 on: January 13, 2009, 09:00:17 PM »

The Great Train Robbery was a movie?
Is it in anyway related to the Crichton book or does it just happen to have the same name?
Crichton's movie was "The First Great Train Robbery" and was based on his novel. But that was 70+ years after "The Great Train Robbery" that I watched.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2858 on: January 13, 2009, 10:18:15 PM »

What were you expecting? I was expecting a superhero action movie, it was that, and it was very well done but topped off with a wonderful performance by Ledger. I thought Christian Bale did a fine job, he doesn't really need to act as Batman, and as Bruce Wayne he goes back to an American Psycho type role which I think works quite well. It's not exceptionally deep or anything, there's a flaw or two in the plot, but it's not that exceptionally bad is it?

The acting in Dark Knight was superb.  I have no issue with the actors/actresses in the movie.  Furthermore, the cinematography was excellent and the movie obviously had some very talented people behind it; both on screen and off.  There were just things about the movie that turned me off from it, and it's sad because they were completely avoidable things.  The biggest annoyance through the entire movie, was Bale's voice when he was Batman.  The effect they added was applied to thick, it might have been OK in moderation, but every time he spoke it just took me out of the movie. 

Maybe I'm just too used to CG, and can suspend disbelief for just about anything CG, but when I saw a few things in the Dark Knight, I was disappointed.  First of all, you can't trip a semi by putting a wire under it.  I know that they really did flip the semi for the movie, but it just wasn't believable the way they did it.  Secondly, "Gotham General" really did explode; they found an old building that was ready to be demolished.  The problem?  It looked like a building ready to be destroyed, not like the premier hospital for a major metropolitan area.  The building they demolished was no more than 4 stories tall.  Even the smaller hospitals in Cincinnati on "Pill Hill" are 8-10 stories.  These issues would have been resolved if they had chosen to use CG like every other movie. 

Batman's gadgets are just terrible too, but that wouldn't have made Dark Knight better or worse, that's just something I accept when seeing a Batman film. 

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Tan
« Reply #2859 on: January 14, 2009, 12:49:51 AM »

Batman's gadgets are just terrible too, but that wouldn't have made Dark Knight better or worse, that's just something I accept when seeing a Batman film. 

I really enjoyed how stealthy he was with those two halogen headlamps aka sonar eyepieces glowing from his cowl. I'm sure you wouldn't be able to see him if you were a mile away in fog. Probably did wonders for his night vision as well. Tongue

My major issue with the movie is how they've retconned the character. Batman turned from a silent, deadly, perfectionist detective, into a brutal thug pitfighter with ungainly gadgets and little brains.

Aaron Eckhart did a fine job as Two-Face though. A shame they wrapped him up in one movie and killed him off.

Here's a fun bit of trivia with the Eastwood talk in this thread lately. Clint was supposed to play Two-Face in the 60's TV series but they cancelled the story before that episode was filmed. Now that would've been cool!
Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #2860 on: January 14, 2009, 02:14:34 AM »

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Felt way too long. What gives?

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #2861 on: January 14, 2009, 12:53:32 PM »

Already saw the Vietnam episode twice. Tongue

And yesterday I watched the USA episode with the 3 muscle cars. Smiley

Yeah, that episode is really funny. I love the part where they drive through the south and put stuff on their cars. laugh

Tell me about your variants...
BadEnoughDude
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2862 on: January 14, 2009, 03:48:54 PM »

I watched John Q while I was laying in bed this morning. It was alright, pretty much what I expected, but there were really annoying 'lapses' where they apparently cut parts out (the movie was on TBS). The most notable one was at the end, where Denzel had a gun to his head, it zooms in on his eyes, then it cuts away, and Denzel is wearing scrubs and wheeling in a donor patient! Unbelievable.

Minnesota represent.
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2863 on: January 14, 2009, 05:57:39 PM »

I watched John Q while I was laying in bed this morning. It was alright, pretty much what I expected, but there were really annoying 'lapses' where they apparently cut parts out (the movie was on TBS). The most notable one was at the end, where Denzel had a gun to his head, it zooms in on his eyes, then it cuts away, and Denzel is wearing scrubs and wheeling in a donor patient! Unbelievable.

Yeah, I can't stand movies on cable networks. What they did to Bad Santa on CC is a crime.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #2864 on: January 15, 2009, 05:49:45 AM »

Already saw the Vietnam episode twice. Tongue

And yesterday I watched the USA episode with the 3 muscle cars. Smiley
Yeah, that episode is really funny. I love the part where they drive through the south and put stuff on their cars. laugh
That would be the "USA episode with the 3 rubbish cars" Tongue

I'm talking of the USA episode with the 3 muscle cars. They start in San Francisco, drive through Nevada and end up doing 1-mile sprints on the salt plains in...Utah?

But that other episode is funny too. I wouldn't dare putting that kind of slogans on my car if I were there. Those crazy southern people are so hot-headed, they'll explode for the smallest thing. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 294 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length