RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 11:34:18 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you watching right now? 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 294 Print
Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 1057644 times)
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3495 on: August 09, 2013, 09:40:53 PM »

Back on Yu Yu Hakusho, I'm on like episode 103.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3496 on: August 10, 2013, 01:00:22 AM »

just finished Oblivion, i really enjoyed it! recommended to sci-fi fans
jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #3497 on: August 10, 2013, 08:44:24 AM »

I agree. Many people have told me that they didn't want to see it because it was Tom Cruise. I just thought it was a cool concept and well shot (didn't require much acting chops). The people I know who have seen it tend to like it.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3498 on: August 10, 2013, 02:00:39 PM »

I agree. Many people have told me that they didn't want to see it because it was Tom Cruise. I just thought it was a cool concept and well shot (didn't require much acting chops). The people I know who have seen it tend to like it.

a friend told me the same thing when i recommended it to him. i hate when people boycott a movie just because of one actor in it, seriously just watch it for the overall movie.
Missionfailed
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #3499 on: August 13, 2013, 03:04:31 PM »

Dune
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3500 on: August 13, 2013, 06:56:40 PM »

a friend told me the same thing when i recommended it to him. i hate when people boycott a movie just because of one actor in it, seriously just watch it for the overall movie.

I kinda know whatcha mean. For example, I think Mel Gibson is a mean, whacked-out douchenozzle-- and I'm certain i'm not the only one who thinks this-- but I still dig the Lethal Weapon and Mad Max flicks.

There's just something about being a top actor in the Hollywood system that leads to insanity I guess.

Other than that, I've been cooling it on the air crash videos, and have been watching Judas Priest concerts and Iron Maiden videos on YouTube over the last few days.
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3501 on: August 13, 2013, 09:24:36 PM »

Army of Darkness
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3502 on: August 16, 2013, 07:27:01 PM »

Finished The Sopranos, damn.

Now that I've completely watched The Wire and The Sopranos, it's time to start watching Mad Men S5.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3503 on: August 17, 2013, 12:41:52 PM »

Been watching movies from my DVD collection in lieu of having internet. Catching the girlfriend up on some of the classics she hasn't seen. Also been rewatching a lot of Curb Your Enthusiasm and Bob's Burgers. Bob's Burgers is really great, mad at myself for ignoring it for so long.

When shall his new form be revealed?
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3504 on: September 03, 2013, 07:54:11 PM »

Getting close to the end of the fifth season of Mad Men. Started Breaking Bad with my girl since she hasn't seen it, hopefully by the time we get to current day timeline it'll be out and we can watch all the way to the conclusion.

When shall his new form be revealed?
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3505 on: September 03, 2013, 08:11:34 PM »

I just started Mad Men. I watch it while I'm writing. Sadly no internet means the site will not be graced by my blog posts for awhile.

Sent from my Android.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3506 on: September 04, 2013, 07:30:58 PM »

Finished season 5 of Mad Men. Great show.

Some movies I've seen since my last post here..:

Synecdoche, New York - (2008) - B-
--> This is a bit of an odd movie. Actually it's a very odd movie. Caleb (Philip Seymour Hoffman) is a guy who thinks he's going to die, who is depressed all the time and works on a new theatre play that he's never going to finish. Halfway through the movie, "actors" (of the play) start playing him and other people acting as if they're those people. All of this nonsense is sprinkled with a topping of vague philosophy and "I'm more depressed than you are" hipster-ish bullshit. To be fair, the whole think reeks of smug writers trying to show everyone how smart they are.

Hope Springs - (2003) - D
--> Cookie-cutter chick flick with Colin Firth playing Mr Darcy a typical male character in a chick flick. The story finishes in such a lame way I would swear a 13-year old girl wrote it.

The Women - (1939) - B+
--> Typical Hollywood film of the golden era, either you like the style or you don't. I find it refreshing watching a narrative-driven movie, something that has almost entirely disappeared today. This one contains a couple of gags, too.

Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont - (2005) - B
--> Strange movie considering who has the main role. It has an air of low-budget direct-to-video about it. Some of the supporting actors seem amateurs at best. Still, it gets its message across in the end.

The Unbearable Lightness of Being - (1988) - B+
--> Drama starring Daniel Day-Lewis and Juliette Binonche. Day-Lewis must have set the record for least lines spoken by a lead actor in a movie with this one. All he does in every scene is stare at the women with broody eyes.

Highlander - (1986) - B-
--> Terribly stupid and cheesy movie. Why do so many 1980ies movies look so terribly dated when much older movies do not? It has to be the cheap and corny cgi effects. Oooh, lightning! Half of this movie looks like Blade Runner and the Terminator. Lots of dark alleys, neon and steam escaping from vents everywhere, cooool! "Who wants to live forever" is the best part of the movie. The end (the prize) is absolutely stupid.

EDIT: I also started watching season 2 of Game of Thrones and saw the first two episodes of The Newsroom, wich was pretty good.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 07:36:56 PM by Sirgin » Logged
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3507 on: September 04, 2013, 08:31:13 PM »

Highlander - (1986) - B-
--> Terribly stupid and cheesy movie. Why do so many 1980ies movies look so terribly dated when much older movies do not? It has to be the cheap and corny cgi effects. Oooh, lightning! Half of this movie looks like Blade Runner and the Terminator. Lots of dark alleys, neon and steam escaping from vents everywhere, cooool! "Who wants to live forever" is the best part of the movie. The end (the prize) is absolutely stupid.

I just always found how cheesy and dated the 80s were to be part of the charm(I wasn't even alive in the 80s and I like 80s stuff)

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3508 on: September 06, 2013, 08:57:47 PM »

I just finished watching The Sorcerer's Apprentice(I picked it up cheap pretty much only because it had Nick Cage in it). It was pretty good overall and had a couple jokes I really laughed at. 

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3509 on: September 06, 2013, 09:11:36 PM »

Watching some high school football on local access. My school is ranked No. 1 in 5A and they're opening the season against the No. 1 ranked 6A team. My school is currently up 35-21 and the 4th quarter just started.

My old O-line coach is the head coach now and my old head coach is announcing.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 294 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length