RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 10:11:52 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you watching right now? 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 294 Print
Author Topic: What are you watching right now?  (Read 1057768 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3540 on: December 02, 2013, 04:55:58 AM »

watched Kingdom of Heaven Director's Cut tonight on blu-ray. i've owned the theatrical dvd release for years and never looked it up, so i wasn't even aware that a director's cut existed until a few days ago. it had an extra 50 minutes of footage and was vastly better than the theatrical release, which is saying something considering how much i enjoyed that.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #3541 on: December 09, 2013, 12:20:07 PM »

Some movies I've seen in the past month...

WarGames - (1983) - A
--> Solid movie, fun to see all the old computer stuff. My only critique would be that I'd have liked to see Broderick doing more of the hacking, or stuff on computers. The movie quickly derails from a hacker movie to an action movie.

Shaft - (2000) - C
--> This one is so average and unremarkable I wonder why they even bothered.

The Stepford Wives - (2004) - B
--> Again with Matthew Broderick, 21 years after WarGames.  Grin This is a fine movie, with a predictable, but enjoyable plot.

A King in New York - (1957) - F
--> Such a bad movie. I don't know who Charlie Chaplin thinks he is, but he sure lost his touch in his later years. I felt the same way about Limelight. Such lame lamenting and self-pitying doesn't belong in a movie. This movie has everything in the works to be a great comedy, and for the first 40 minutes, it is. Then it takes the most remarkable turn I've ever seen in any movie and suddenly becomes a serious satire of the US at the time. If you want your viewers to feel tricked and annoyed, then changing a film's genre halfway through the movie is a great way to do just that.

Wonder Boys - (2000) - A
--> Lovely movie about a univerity professor with a writer's block and a student who is probably more talented than his professor (at writing).

Tower Heist - (2011) - B-
--> Another movie with Broderick, haha. This one is mostly forgettable, but does enough right not to annoy. I would've liked to see some more classic Eddie Murphy.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3542 on: December 16, 2013, 07:30:57 PM »

Watched Solomon Kane over the last 2 nights. For a movie i don't remember ever hearing about (came out in 2009 i think) it was pretty good.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3543 on: December 18, 2013, 12:47:18 AM »

Saw Desolation of Smaug...

Fucking atrocious. There's about thirty to forty minutes worth of good movie that actually ties to the source material, and then there's all the stupid crap they added along with like two hours of overly boring overly CGI'd overly  Rube Goldberg machine'd action sequences.

Almost all the additions to the plot are unneeded. The only one that was okay was the side plot with Gandalf investingating Dol Guldur which, while not being explicit to the Hobbit, is inferred and was to be expected.

But a love interest between Kili and an Elf? Legolas? Stephen Fry the dictator of Lake Town? Again with a new annoying BAD GUY ORC ANTAGONIST?

I have no idea how people are saying this one was any better than the first.

When shall his new form be revealed?
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3544 on: December 19, 2013, 03:03:05 PM »

i should post another big review of DoS like i did with AUJ...i agree there was a lot wrong with this one, but there was a lot that felt so perfect
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3545 on: December 19, 2013, 04:27:40 PM »

i should post another big review of DoS like i did with AUJ...i agree there was a lot wrong with this one, but there was a lot that felt so perfect

I'd love to hear your opinion. Like I said I liked the base content, but there was so much boring action it just ruined it for me.

Dergatron9000
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #3546 on: December 20, 2013, 03:29:53 PM »

That river scene was very entertaining. But the movie was pretty boring. And stephen fry...  *facepalm.
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3547 on: December 25, 2013, 02:25:05 AM »

Just finished Die Hard. It's Christmas Eve, what else would you watch?
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3548 on: December 25, 2013, 02:56:55 AM »

A Christmas Story, followed by Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer of course. DUH.

BTW I'm probably the only person in the world who prefers to watch that other notable late eighties actioner set in L.A. during Christmas, Lethal Weapon, over Die Hard. Guess it's just the contrarian in me rearing its ugly head once again...

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3549 on: December 25, 2013, 02:33:23 PM »

i've never seen any of the die hard movies, i don't really understand why it's a christmas tradition for people...

i'm watching the fireplace channel on a tv which is on the mantle right above our real fire (which is unlit).  laugh
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #3550 on: December 25, 2013, 02:35:31 PM »

Die Hard is set on Christmas Eve.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3551 on: December 25, 2013, 08:51:34 PM »

i've never seen any of the die hard movies, i don't really understand why it's a christmas tradition for people...

i'm watching the fireplace channel on a tv which is on the mantle right above our real fire (which is unlit).  laugh

Yes, best Xmas movie for a red blooded Murican male that there is.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3552 on: December 25, 2013, 09:32:05 PM »

A Christmas Story, followed by Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer of course. DUH.

BTW I'm probably the only person in the world who prefers to watch that other notable late eighties actioner set in L.A. during Christmas, Lethal Weapon, over Die Hard. Guess it's just the contrarian in me rearing its ugly head once again...

Yeah, we watched the poor stepchild of Christmas movies earlier this month.....

[img width=640 height=402]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5472/11557375704_4fa17c91c0_o.jpg[/img]

Got to cover your bases you know.

Yes, best Xmas movie for a red blooded Murican male that there is.
I had to look up what "Murican" meant but yeah, I agree with that.
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3553 on: December 27, 2013, 02:43:40 AM »

Hey now,

I'm gettin' down with a new batch of Air Crash Investigation (the Brit-narrator ones):

About freakin' time they covered the Air Florida crash.

Geez, willya look at me, getting all excited over this stuff. Am I a sociopath, or what? But if you think that's bad, I'm gonna watch these again with the non-Brit narrator guy, just to see what footage has been removed, and what's been added between the two versions. Yes, I'm into this show that much.

- 'Late
The Metamorphosing Leon
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3554 on: December 28, 2013, 01:02:36 AM »

Realized I haven't watched Season 5 of The Venture Bros.!!!

Rewatching season 4 first to refresh my memory as to the nutso plot.

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 294 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length