RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:28:16 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Have you ever lied on Ebay?   0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Have you ever lied on Ebay?    (Read 893 times)
Sensei_Fu
Jaguar CD

Stats
« on: July 29, 2005, 05:46:51 AM »

I've been waiting for someone to ship a 4ft Mario Statue and have been trying to figure out why the seller hasn't shipped. I just got this reply:

Hello . I'm emailing you to let you know that I will be taking your package to DHL.
My husband was in a car accident on monday. A truck sideswiped our car and he is in the hospital right now. He asked me to ship out your package said it was to go the day of accident. But I have been preoccupied with hospital and insurance (getting a loaner while they fix our car) Sorry about deley have loaner car and will drop package off tomorrow morning to be shipped out. Will email you with tracking when I get back home.
Thank You: Sheena

Now, I'm not sure this person is lying, but my question is to my fellow DP'ers. Have you ever lied on Ebay about why you shipped late, paid late, etc?
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 07:24:08 AM »

I've lied a couple times about why a package isn't there yet, and have even gone so far as to cast myself as a martyr.  I once forgot to send a package out so when the guy who bought it from me asked where it was, I said that the post office probably lost it so I'd send him another one.  Yes I felt like a jerk.
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 09:15:35 AM »

Sauza, you're a jerk.

I don't think I've ever lied on ebay, and I also haven't really been in a position to do so.
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 10:05:50 AM »

I've never lied on eBay.  Some people tend to think that one needs to give a thorough explanation as to why they didn't manage to pay in time, or ship the item in time, etc.  People are going to be somewhat irritated whether you have an excuse or not.  When I fail to mail a package or transfer funds in time, I usually just sent them an e-mail to let them know of the delay, apologize, and never go into too many details, because, really, who are you trying to convince? Wink  

-Speedy

P.S.  I hope you receive your statue soon! Wink

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 11:11:00 AM »

I haven't ever lied on eBay, either.  Of course, I have only sold about three items on eBay in my life, and that was several years ago.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length