RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 11:53:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 7 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 7  (Read 354221 times)
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #930 on: April 29, 2024, 09:47:57 PM »

Is this website dead now? 20 years after we started? It's ok, we had a good run.

Pssh! Not at all, we're all on Discord complaining about responsibilities and being adults and not having time and life and stuff. Ahem, I mean, a lot of use are still hoping for the best. Zag ordered me to start posting twice a week at least some time ago, I am proud to say I've been doing my part in that! Or at least I've been trying to! Sometimes! Like for at least 3 of the weeks....this year.
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #931 on: April 29, 2024, 10:15:37 PM »

Is this website dead now? 20 years after we started? It's ok, we had a good run.

Pssh! Not at all, we're all on Discord complaining about responsibilities and being adults and not having time and life and stuff. Ahem, I mean, a lot of use are still hoping for the best. Zag ordered me to start posting twice a week at least some time ago, I am proud to say I've been doing my part in that! Or at least I've been trying to! Sometimes! Like for at least 3 of the weeks....this year.

SOMEone is angling for a gold star.

Only thing is, this ain't the third grade, bud.
slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #932 on: April 29, 2024, 10:51:25 PM »

I miss the third grade.  Some of the best years if my life...

Keelah se'lai
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #933 on: May 09, 2024, 11:43:07 PM »

I've been told I need to post on the forums more. You know, to keep things lively. I have all sorts of excuses for being lax in my posting habits but apparently those aren't valid. Since I feel like I need some amount of quality in anything I post here, but only get a chance in rare bits of time when I'm already worn out from the day, I went to ChatGPT for help. I prompted it to write a sketch comedy scene about two guys talking.....oh, well, you'll see. I just made up some names, no affiliation to the two people telling me to post more   Wink

Title: The Price of Pixels

[Setting: A cluttered room filled with shelves of old video games, posters of classic games adorn the walls. Zag and Shag are sitting on bean bags, surrounded by stacks of game cartridges and CDs.]

Zag: [Excitedly holding up a vintage game cartridge] Hey, Shag! Check out this gem I snagged on eBay yesterday! Mint condition, and for a steal!

Shag: [Examining the cartridge skeptically] Ah, eBay strikes again. You know, I miss the good ol' days when you could find hidden treasures at garage sales or thrift stores.

Zag: What are you talking about, Shag? eBay is a goldmine for collectors like us! Everyone bases their prices off what they sell for on there.

Shag: Yeah, but that's the problem! It's killed the thrill of the hunt! Back in my day, you could stumble upon a rare game for a fraction of what it's worth now.

Zag: Oh, come on, Shag! Adapt or die, buddy. It's all about staying ahead of the game. Literally.

Shag: [Nostalgically] Remember the early 2000s? You could walk into a mom-and-pop store, and they had no clue what these old games were worth. I once got a copy of "EarthBound" for five bucks!

Zag: [Rolling his eyes] Yeah, yeah, and I suppose you had to walk uphill both ways in the snow to get there, too?

Shag: [Ignoring Zag's sarcasm] Seriously! It was like finding buried treasure! Nowadays, you need a second mortgage just to afford a complete-in-box copy of "Mario Kart 64."

Zag: [Defensively] Hey, at least eBay levels the playing field. No more getting ripped off by clueless sellers.

Shag: But where's the fun in that? Half the thrill was in the negotiation, the bartering, the feeling of victory when you scored a rare game for a steal!

Zag: [Grinning] Alright, Shag, I'll humor you. Let's say we're back in the early 2000s. You walk into a store, and they're selling "Chrono Trigger" for twenty bucks. What do you do?

Shag: [Eyes lighting up] I'd offer them fifteen and see if they bite!

Zag: [Laughing] And that's exactly why you're stuck in the past, my friend. In today's world, we let eBay do the haggling for us.

Shag: [Grumbling] Maybe I'm just a retro gamer in a modern world.

Zag: [Patting Shag on the back] Hey, there's nothing wrong with that. Just means you've got stories to tell and games to play. Now, let's fire up the SNES and relive the glory days!

[They both grab controllers and start playing, reminiscing about the games they love and the adventures they've had collecting them.]

[End scene.]

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #934 on: Yesterday at 12:16:40 AM »

I've been told I need to post on the forums more. You know, to keep things lively. I have all sorts of excuses for being lax in my posting habits but apparently those aren't valid. Since I feel like I need some amount of quality in anything I post here, but only get a chance in rare bits of time when I'm already worn out from the day, I went to ChatGPT for help. I prompted it to write a sketch comedy scene about two guys talking.....oh, well, you'll see. I just made up some names, no affiliation to the two people telling me to post more   Wink

You seriously had to resort to CHatGPT to come up with something to post here? WHat happened to those spontaneous and highly imaginative posts that you used to write and submit all on your own?

This is indeed a sad day.
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #935 on: Yesterday at 07:20:57 AM »

Not as sad as needing a second mortgage just to afford a complete-in-box copy of "Mario Kart 64."
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #936 on: Yesterday at 10:26:38 PM »

Not as sad as needing a second mortgage just to afford a complete-in-box copy of "Mario Kart 64."

I paid that off years ago.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length