RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:22:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | July/August Community Playthrough: Super Mario RPG 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: July/August Community Playthrough: Super Mario RPG  (Read 63627 times)
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2013, 11:06:38 AM »

Gray, you shouldn't need a walkthrough for the game. It's not "uber-difficult", and to be honest is pretty much linear.

Excellent info Shadow, and good to hear. I'll do without then!

I always thought there should be a website along the lines of howlongtobeat.com that would be called shouldiuseawalkthrough.com.

I guess I can always ask you or anyone else here!  Smiley

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2013, 12:57:47 PM »

That's not to say that there aren't things that will be missed, or that it won't be harder without one. I had a difficult time with certain enemies in the game as a kid until I figured out certain tricks or unlocked new spells. Now I know how broken the game is, and won't even really need to power level except for one spell somewhat late in the game.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2013, 02:26:58 PM »

Anyone else gonna use a walk-through?
I agree with Shadow. The game is easy and pretty straight forward. If you get stumped, just ask for help here. There are little things (which are unnecessary) you'll definitely miss without a guide, but I find pausing a game every 5 minutes to read a guide really zaps the life out of it. It becomes homework.

i feel the same way, and also that it removes one of the main point of games, which is overcoming challenges and puzzles. if you just follow a guide the whole way through then why bother playing at all?
JerryGreenwood
Do you even Sega?
Donor

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2013, 02:30:15 PM »

Excellent info Shadow, and good to hear. I'll do without then!

I always thought there should be a website along the lines of howlongtobeat.com that would be called shouldiuseawalkthrough.com.

I guess I can always ask you or anyone else here!  Smiley
I agree with Shadow. The game is easy and pretty straight forward. If you get stumped, just ask for help here. There are little things (which are unnecessary) you'll definitely miss without a guide, but I find pausing a game every 5 minutes to read a guide really zaps the life out of it. It becomes homework.

However, some people always use walkthroughs. Whichever helps you enjoy the game more  Smiley
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2013, 03:28:06 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I only use walkthroughs when I think I'm going to need to. Sometimes I guess wrong.

Shadow, if you wouldn't mind at least pointing out these power-griding hotspots of which you speak when we get to them, I'd appreciate it, as I love them, and I play rpgs to win Wink

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2013, 08:40:58 PM »

Just ask around here and someone will most likely PM you or post in this thread with tips and tricks.

As for playing to win, I'm the same. I like grinding my characters to the max when possible. I don't always do it, but it's fun when I do.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2013, 08:53:28 PM »

I'll just leave a hint - there's a location that you can get 2 stars, and using a certain method, you can infinitely grind for levels.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2013, 09:09:16 AM »

If anyone wants to Skype during the Playthrough you're more than welcome. If you want to chat about the game, your collection, or life, the universe and everything drop me a line at fleach.rfg

tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2013, 01:37:44 PM »

Sign me up for this one. I've been meaning to play this through.
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2013, 09:23:36 PM »

Im sadly not a member of the "I found Super Mario RPG for under $5" club, but I have the Wii VC edition and will be starting up with you guys this Monday.  I never made it through this as a kid.  Time to fix that.
ixtaileddemonfox
Weapon X
TurboGrafx-16

Stats
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2013, 10:48:22 PM »

im in

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2013, 11:33:07 PM »

Don't worry Wempster, I didn't find this game for $5 either. Happy to see you want to participate.

ixtaileddemonfox, welcome!

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2013, 07:33:19 AM »

I may jump the gun and start playing today.

Any chance you would 'leak' the first checkpoint Fleach?

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2013, 07:56:55 AM »

I may jump the gun and start playing today.

Any chance you would 'leak' the first checkpoint Fleach?

I was going to post the first checkpoint, but since you're such an eager beaver I'll do that now. Check the first post for the update.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 08:53:24 AM by Fleach » Logged

MrUnoriginal
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2013, 07:54:03 PM »

Played this when it first came out. Just joined the site, this seems like a good way to jump in.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length