RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:23:22 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | Not sure what to do with these Genesis controllers 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Not sure what to do with these Genesis controllers  (Read 1996 times)
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« on: December 31, 2007, 10:51:32 PM »

The first two are both High Frequency controllers, and quite different, but I'm not sure what kind of distinguishing title to give them. 

And this last controller has no markings whatsoever on it. No brand names or part numbers.  There's a sticker on the back that says QC. 94  052342, but I figure it's the quality control number and a serial number. 
[img width=700 height=392]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j22/Mike_2_0_0_6/DSCN8663.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 03:04:29 PM by NES_Rules » Logged

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 10:06:19 AM »

The high frequency one could be a switch and button variation maybe?

Where is Scott he should know this kinda stuff Wink

I had 2 different High Frequency controllers growing up and the only difference between them was cord length if memory serves...

As for the last one i got nothing...

NES_Rules
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 10:22:25 AM »

I ended up putting a variation title of "slider turbo buttons" for the first one and "push turbo buttons" for the second one. I think that should be good enough, but if anyone can come up with something better sounding, it can always be changed. 

That's strange with the cord length thing, it was probably just a manufacturing defect as High Frequency doesn't seem to produce the best stuff.

NESman93
CD-i
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 02:41:47 PM »

Ive never seen those before. What do those switches do?

Now you're playing with power! Nintendo Power!

Consoles on my wishlist: Mega Drive (Japan), Genesis Model 1, Super Famicom, Famicom, SNES 2, NES 2, Neo Geo AES, 360, Intellivision, ColecoVision, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, GameCube
NES_Rules
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 03:04:02 PM »

I got the first two submitted and approved. Still not sure what to do with the other one though Undecided 

Ive never seen those before. What do those switches do?
The first position (or off) is generally normal button functioning. "Turbo" is like if you press the buttons really fast. "Auto" is just like holding down the buttons.  "Slow motion" is just it pressing the start button repeatedly.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 05:51:04 PM »

Where is Scott he should know this kinda stuff Wink

I am here but I don't know shit about the Genesis other then its games. I can check with a few of teh boxed controllers I have.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 09:15:59 AM »

I have the controller pictured but I'm not sure if I still have the box for it...

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 04:22:23 PM »

Damn I forgot to look. Sending myself a reminder.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 10:58:09 AM »

The controller I have in teh box is different then the pictured one. Sorry I can't help.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length