RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 06:01:22 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | The Walking Dead 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 2633 times)
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« on: March 29, 2012, 05:47:14 PM »

Since the old thread was wiped out, I'll re-start it since I just got caught up on this great show!

After watching the first season (only 6 episodes...wtf!), I was completely hooked. And instead of waiting for the 2nd season to come out on DVD, I decided to watch them streaming over my xbox and man...the season 2 finale...holy crap! Awesome idea!

This is the best adventure drama since Lost went off the air.

Can't wait for season 3! Cool

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 06:42:28 PM »

Agreed. Season 2 ending was pretty nuts. I honestly don't watch a lot of TV, but this show had me hooked from the very beginning.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 09:24:23 AM »

Season 2 had some points that really began to wear on me.  I can't describe how happy I am that they are off of that God forsaken farm.  I think the show is at it's best when they are on the move and not standing around bickering at one another.  Also Lori's character has really started to grate on me.  She has so much potential but the writers seem content with just having her react at things.  Outside of " OMG WHERES RICK AND CARL" she doesn't seem to have a clear motivation for anything she does.  Hell, the way she reacts to things seems to change with the scene.  "Rick, we need to get rid of Shane."  "You got rid of Shane?  How could you?"

However I absolutely love the evolution of Rick's character over the past season.  You can really see the struggle he's going through trying to adhere to his own moral codei n a world where it may no longer apply.

Also, holy shit that finale.
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 11:23:56 AM »

^While I agree that Lori is completely irrational at times, I chalk that up to hormones. She does try her best to be the female "leader", though. And in the scenes where she's with the other women, she seems to have more depth as a character.

I think with the season 2 ending and it's foreshadowing of what's to come, it opens up the show to expand on stories and add new characters. Especially in Andrea's case.

And with the director's (Frank Darabont) history, I KNOW he's got to have something really cool planned for season 3. Can't wait! Cool

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 08:47:50 PM »

I just saw somewhere that they've casted The Govenor, so good times they are a comin'.  There was a plot point in the comics with him and that chick with the katanna from the finale (whose name I can't remember for the life of me) that I don't think they could possibly get away with on TV.  If they do find a way to do it though, season 3 is going to be dark.
hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 04:35:03 PM »

^ Girl with the katana is Michonne. One of the best and most interesting characters in the WD universe. I really hope that they don't screw up her character.

And Frank Darabont is no longer involved the show, he was fired during the filming of season 2 for reasons that escape me right now. That's also the reason for Dale's death, as he is friends with Darabont and quit the show when he found out what happened.

Overall I enjoyed Season 2. There were bits that annoyed me at times (spending so long looking for Sophia, Lori's senseless car crash, Dale's early death), but it all came together in the finale and things are looking good for Season 3. I just really hope that all of the events that happen during this upcoming season (which I assume will be adapted from trade paperbacks 3-8) are not all crammed into one season. A lot of heavy and interesting stuff will be coming from here on out and the adequate amount of time needs to be spent on everything in order for it to have the emotional punch it needs and deserves.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 05:39:36 PM »

Was I the only one who really didn't want Shane to die?

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 06:22:17 PM »

I don't know how I feel about Michonne yet. If she is really gimmicky and super-hero-esque, I'll be really disappointed. But if she's just a badass, it should be alright.

I didn't want zombie Shane to die so soon. I was hoping he'd be some super zombie and come back time after time. I was ready to see human Shane to go though. It was almost getting to the point of being annoying watching him go against Rick at every decision. I swear if  Rick was going to take a dump, Shane would argue with him about it.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 07:11:19 PM »

And Frank Darabont is no longer involved the show, he was fired during the filming of season 2 for reasons that escape me right now. That's also the reason for Dale's death, as he is friends with Darabont and quit the show when he found out what happened.

That f'ing sucks! If they don't bring back Darabont, then I'm seriously worried that season 3 will be the last one...

hXd
Algebraic!
SNES
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 09:47:16 AM »

As much as Shane was a huge a-hole, he unfortunately was one of the more interesting characters on the show. The way his mind works, the way that he was a good person deep down but let his feelings get the best of him- that's human drama at it's finest. I really think that they could have went with a Lord Of The Flies direction and had the group really split down the middle, Rick's philosophy vs. Shane's. They teased it a bit at the mid-season finale but nothing really came of it. I would have loved to see Shane start working with the Governor, as he is an even more exaggerated version of Shane's mindset. But alas, all things that will not see the light.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 02:56:08 PM »

Crap, I never should have clicked on the thread.  Only a few days ago talking with a coworker about the identity of the mysterious person with the katana at the end of Season 2, and now I know.  Oh well, I think I'll go tease my friend after I post this.

Now that I know the future (in a manner of speaking), I might as well go and pick up the book this weekend.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length