RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 05:08:29 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 11/26/06 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Do (or did) your parents play video games?
Yes, they do   -9 (28.1%)
Yes, they used to   -9 (28.1%)
Yes, if you include online card and board games   -2 (6.3%)
No,  they have never picked up a controller   -6 (18.8%)
Are you kidding me?  They wouldn't even be able to figure out how to turn it on   -6 (18.8%)
Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 11/26/06  (Read 5948 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« on: November 26, 2006, 06:04:17 PM »

Do your parents or have they ever played video games?

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Tan
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 06:08:40 PM »

Both of my parent's play video games, in fact my mother is a big Zelda fan. She's owned a SNES, N64, and now has a Gamecube. My father used to love playing the Super Battletank series and outlander for the SNES.
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 06:38:34 PM »

My parents used to think gaming was childish. But now they are more supportive of my hobby. They even play games with my brother now days. On the other hand my fiance and I got her parents to play Donkey Konga this weekend and they loved it. razz

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 07:32:20 PM »

Back in the day, I was able to convince my dad to play the first EA PGA Golf with me on the Genesis. It was easy enough to pick up and play. We had some fun games.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 07:37:08 PM »

My Dad will play a little pinball on his PC but that's about it. I have got him to play a few racing games too but it's not his cup of tea. I don't think my Mom has ever touched a video game.

Now my daughters father? He's a video game nut and has a rather large collection.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 08:01:06 PM »

My dad was really into Super Mario Bros.  He would stay up all night playing it.  I don't think he ever beat it though.  He would also play some multiplayer games with me when I was younger, but we haven't played much since the N64 days. 

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 09:05:51 PM »

My dad had to stop because he felt RPGs were absorbing his life and time that should have been spent doing other "more important things" this was back in the mid 90s.

My mom would play some games with us when we were younger.

They still both play but my dad generally will only play games with me or my bro.
My mom sometimes will play some of the games she thinks look fun but she is mostly a Popcap person.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 10:01:13 PM »

My parents still call everything a Nintendo and probably wouldn't be able to turn a system on.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Fuyukaze
RFG Friend
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 11:11:06 PM »

My mother plays games all the time but my father doesnt even know how to use a computer let alone how to turn on a NES.  New games would be too much for him.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Fuyukaze[/img]
[img width=470 height=155]http://gamercards.exophase.com/69469.png[/img]
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 06:02:23 AM »

My mum used to play Columns on the Game Gear years ago but its the only time either of them have played a game. Thing is my dad is can be very intrested in them but seeing as they dint have them when he was a kid he feels that its something he cant get the hang of like hes really bad with just a mouse let alone a controller with 8 buttons.

chrisbid
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 08:59:05 AM »

my mother was hooked on puzzle games like tetris and dr mario in the day.  she even bought herself an original gameboy to play tetris and wouldnt let me or my brother play it. 

nowadays she plays computer puzzle games like bejeweled.  i also installed virtual game station on her computer so she could play the playstation 1 games like mr driller

my dad played golf games on the NES and Genesis while i was growing up.  he doesnt really play any modern games, but maybe if i picked up that golden tee plug and play unit, he would be interested in that.
Ando
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 11:54:41 AM »

And of course, but "Yes, they do", I mean "Well, my mom plays Tetris sometimes, and my dad'll pick up the controller if I'm playing and he gets a random urge to jump on my Chao in SA2:B".
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2006, 08:11:21 AM »

Mom plays all the time but only RPG and puzzle games.  She likes the like of LOLO and any RPG like FF and the original Zelda (The new Zeldas are too hard for her).  As for my dad he doesn't play but I did bring my Wii over and he played Bowling!!!!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
tholly
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2006, 01:20:37 PM »

my parents will play newer stuff if i turn it on and get it going for them (such as Wii Sports, GCN Donkey Konga, PS2 DDR, 360 PGR3, etc.) 

my parents also both play the arcade machines we have in our basement

my dad has beaten Super Mario Bros. pinball multiple times as well as beating Vigilante a lot...he also likes Space Invaders Deluxe and Special Forces pinball

my mom will play all our machines too, although neither of them really play the Neo Geo MVS

Collection Pics--Excel Collection Spreadsheet--XBox Live Gamertag: tholly1983 - PS3 Name: tholly - Wii Code: 6005 4631 6751 2174
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2006, 10:15:49 AM »

the only games i have ever seen my mom play on her computer was windows solitare and mahjong. but that was years ago.
as for my dad. i dont remember him playing a game at all. he's too business orientated.
my brother and i used to play the atari 2600 and the nes together when we were kids.
i guess i am the only one that didnt want to grow up. when my parents first heard i was collecting and playing video games the response was, 'aren't you a little old for that?' and then they found out some of the values of the games and then it was 'ok'.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length