RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 07:25:33 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | RFGeneration Archives | Weekly Poll 10/14/07 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Is Sony causing too much trouble by having many different versions of the PS3?
Yes, the consumer is confused and doesn't know what they are buying.   -15 (68.2%)
Yes, but only the parents buying the system for their kids.   -2 (9.1%)
No, the majority of buyers are hardcore gamers and they know what they are buying.   -0 (0%)
I could care either way.   -5 (22.7%)
Sony sucks!!  Down with Sony!!   -0 (0%)
Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Weekly Poll 10/14/07  (Read 7289 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 02:27:08 PM »

People are going to be ticked off when they find out that their 40GB PS3 does not play PS2 games.

Oh, shit!  I forgot about that.  I'm glad I'm not looking for a PS3 right now.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 02:41:55 PM »

I don't know why people harp on multi-disc games so much. Who cares if a game comes on 2 or more discs? The PS1 did it, the PS2 did it, the Gamecube did it, the Wii prob will at some point, PC's have done it for decades.

I care. It's a pain to have to swap discs over all the time. I've never liked it. Just because it's been done in the past doesn't mean it's a good thing. The fact that PCs have always done it is irrelevant because once the game is installed you only need one disc to play it.

New PC games do that but not older ones, you played off of whatever disk was necessary.

Don't forget that the PS3 has to balance it's storage media. Most of that extra space is used for 1080p textures and such not gameplay because it doesn't have a 1080p scaler onboard. Eventually even the PS3 may need to use 2 discs for a game.

Those 60 gigers will become collectable one day I'm sure of it and not just because they are launch systems. The real confusing part is that overall if you consider all the options, the order of the PS3's from best to worst go 60, 80, 20, 40. You could argue that an extra 20 gig would make the 80 superior but you could always add to a 60 gig, you can't buy the EE PS2 chip. Tongue

I totally agree.  You can't get your fat, lazy ass up and switch a disc out?  I don't see the problem with it.  I see it as a blessing because you have more to play than as opposed to being on one disc and options being cut, etc.  I was also going to say, but Tan beat me to it, PC games on multiple discs were NOT also played off of install.  You physcially had to switch the discs at the correct point in the game.  I have plenty like that.  Man, this topic has me fired up!!   grrr

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 04:59:01 PM »

rawr

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 09:49:05 PM »

I think so.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 07:27:08 AM »

I'm even lazier I guess, I don't like having to change CDs at all. I rather it if I can just run any game with a simple click Wink

Alx
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 06:53:04 PM »

I voted "Yes, the consumer is confused and doesn't know what they are buying." Although this doesn't apply to all people, Sony is really throwing too many different versions at the consumer.

[img width=358 height=160]http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p110/Eddie_Vender/Lightning-1.jpg[/img]
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 08:19:50 PM »

I've personally lost track at all the variations with the PS3 and Xbox360. For the modest gamer like most people are, 50 million different types of 2 different systems is a bit much to handle. Meh, I'm not going to buy either of them until their down to at least 150 bucks, so why do I care? Smiley

Tell me about your variants...
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 01:34:34 AM »

Well, the 40gb model sure as hell helped out in the UK...

Sales jump 173%

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 03:21:50 PM »

Well, the 40gb model sure as hell helped out in the UK...

Sales jump 173%

So they sold 50 now?

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 04:26:59 PM »

Somehow I knew that joke would be made...Cheesy

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2007, 05:52:58 PM »

Holy crap... to jump by that much they must of been hurting more than I though they were.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length