RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:36:35 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Price Check Thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 55 Print
Author Topic: Price Check Thread  (Read 281892 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #285 on: October 15, 2012, 04:01:58 PM »

Have you guys ever done a unexpected finds topic/list?  Where you went to check out some games someone said they had, and you find that one great game or hard to find game in a pile of commons.  I think you and Duke have mentioned these, but what are your top 3?  Oh and is it possible to join the chatroom with an android phone?

James joins our chatroom all the time on his Android. Not sure what he uses, but I'm sure there are plenty of IRC clients for Android. The one phone OS I'm aware of that doesn't support IRC is Windows Phone, since it closes inactive connections if you switch tabs.

EDIT: Found the app - yaaic
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 04:47:04 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #286 on: October 15, 2012, 05:25:26 PM »

Thanks Shadow, maybe now I can join in.

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #287 on: October 15, 2012, 06:32:40 PM »

Thinking of Selling my unopened Mega Man 9 Press Kit. Anyone got any idea how much it's worth?
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #288 on: October 15, 2012, 07:16:04 PM »

Thinking of Selling my unopened Mega Man 9 Press Kit. Anyone got any idea how much it's worth?

If its in the condition that most of them are you can get between $400-$500 without too much trouble. If you are one of the lucky few and the seal doesn't have any holes you could probably hold out for a premium though, like $750ish maybe? Very cool item though.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #289 on: October 17, 2012, 09:58:48 PM »

I actually posted this question in a separate thread before I realized the Price Check Thread. So, to recap I found a Sega Master system with a bunch of games being auctioned for charity.

I couldn't get a good view of the games but I think they are:
Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, Space Harrier, Olympic (something), Choplifter, Altered Beast, Shinobi, World Soccer, and Golf.

Some NES stuff is included in the lot too:
Super Mario Bros. 3, the zapper gun, Mario Bros/Duck Hunt, Tetris, Double Dragon II, Golgo13, and Clayfighter for the SNES

The current bid for all this is $160. Is it still worth going for considering it might approach the $200 mark?

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #290 on: October 17, 2012, 10:15:44 PM »

^ Unless you want to throw a lot of money to a good cause its always worth it.

But in short, NO! Those are what we collectors call commons. Their so common that they can be found for a few bucks a piece loose. And not really that much more complete. The Master System adds a little flavor to the lot but not that much.

Are these complete with box and manual?

Unless the Tetris is a complete Tengen Tetris I wouldn't even bother with this lot. But thats just me.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #291 on: October 17, 2012, 10:25:54 PM »

The Tetris isn't the Tengen one. Since everything is in a display case I have no clue if the manuals are in the boxes. the Master Sytems games have their boxes but the NES stuff is loose. I knew that it was all common stuff too, but it is kind of is convenient to have all that at one price.

I'm starting to think that whoever upped the bid to $160 (from $70) desperately wants this lot... or he has more money than sense.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #292 on: October 17, 2012, 10:26:22 PM »

Yeah, $160 is definitely on the high side.  Is anything boxed?  Like Razor said, a boxed Tengen Tetris would make the lot worthwhile, and a boxed Master System would definitely be a nice find.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #293 on: October 17, 2012, 10:28:38 PM »

The console itself is loose, the games are boxed (removed from the boxes for display which I don't understand why), and the NES stuff is loose.

I'd be more tempted if the console had its box.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #294 on: October 17, 2012, 10:33:05 PM »

^ I could find all the listed stuff you had for around $100. I'm a patient-cheap-ass when it comes to collecting.

Just saying...

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #295 on: October 17, 2012, 10:51:50 PM »

Patience is a virtue. And I know if enough time and persistence, anything can be found for the right price.

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #296 on: October 23, 2012, 07:54:39 AM »

Saw this ad on craigslist and I'm very tempted to buy it.  What do you guys think?

SUPER NINTENDO CONSOLE ~ SNES ~ In excellent condition! COMPLETE + 18 GAMES & 2 Controllers. Very good condition! Video cable and A/V cable, and some of the best SNES games ever made! Including: Super Mario Kart Donkey Kong Country (TWO identical games) in case one breaks, because this is the best game ever Jeorpardy Deluxe Edition Kirby Super Star 8 Games in One NBA Jam Yoshi´s Island Super Mario World 2 (2 duplicate games, again, in case one breaks. Great game!) Yoshi´s Cookie Stunt Race Lion King Super Mario All-Stars *includes original Super Mario Bros. and all the other greats Super Bases Loaded Madden ´95 Madden ´96 Troy Aikman Football Super Mario RPG Legend of the 7 Stars Art of Fighting

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #297 on: October 23, 2012, 08:08:04 AM »

If it's Craigslist I would start low and see what happens. Personally I would offer $60 to start, maybe go higher if you plan to keep most of it.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #298 on: October 23, 2012, 09:31:42 AM »

Craigslist ad: Sharp NES TV, missing one leg. Says it's not working, but is probably just dirty because it works on other devices. Doesn't appear to have any controllers. Not sure if there is a cover for the cart slot.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #299 on: October 23, 2012, 09:56:05 AM »

Craigslist ad: Sharp NES TV, missing one leg. Says it's not working, but is probably just dirty because it works on other devices. Doesn't appear to have any controllers. Not sure if there is a cover for the cart slot.

I'm not sure what past models have sold for recently, but I'd slap $100-$200. $100 if I wasnt sure I could get it working and $200 if they were on the fence and I thought I could get it running.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 55 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length