RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 04:33:48 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Price Check Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 55 Print
Author Topic: Price Check Thread  (Read 281843 times)
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #585 on: July 08, 2013, 09:33:06 AM »

Hardware - Atari 2600 (2 joysticks 2 paddles co-ax converter and original power supply
Games - 50 random games

Just want to see if I got a good deal on this one.

What did you pay?

bearmetal
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #586 on: July 08, 2013, 09:39:35 AM »

Hardware - Atari 2600 (2 joysticks 2 paddles co-ax converter and original power supply
Games - 50 random games

What did you pay?

I payed 85$. It was tested and guaranteed to work, pictures looked in great condition, then the 50 games tacked on quite a few of which I wanted. I'm also new to collecting so I'm trying to figure out what good prices are as I'm going haha.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #587 on: July 08, 2013, 09:41:56 AM »

Games - 50 random games

What did you pay?

I payed 85$. It was tested and guaranteed to work, pictures looked in great condition, then the 50 games tacked on quite a few of which I wanted. I'm also new to collecting so I'm trying to figure out what good prices are as I'm going haha.

I don't think you did too bad.  There will almost always be someone who finds a better deal than you do but, in general, if I see an Atari game I don't own for $1-2 I buy it so to get 50 games and a working system for $85 isn't bad at all.

bearmetal
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #588 on: July 08, 2013, 09:46:42 AM »

Games - 50 random games

What did you pay?

I don't think you did too bad.  There will almost always be someone who finds a better deal than you do but, in general, if I see an Atari game I don't own for $1-2 I buy it so to get 50 games and a working system for $85 isn't bad at all.

Awesome, good to hear. I'll be posting pictures and everything when it arrives in a few days along with a list of exactly what games I managed to get.
jansolee66
Donor

Stats
« Reply #589 on: July 08, 2013, 09:59:27 PM »

I picked up a few newer systems that I'm less familiar with, price-wise, if you guys can help me out. I have an allegedly functioning XBox (original) and PS2. It seems I have all of the wires. They are both PAL region. I live in Canada. Are there enough region specific games on those systems that there is a market for them here? My online searches have yielded mixed results.

Even with the Xbox 360, there are only a few PAL exclusive games and they barely warrant a purchase.
Nothing lost, I suppose. They were free.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #590 on: July 08, 2013, 10:09:23 PM »

Missed the PS2 portion of that - there are many PS2 games there were localized for UK from Japan that are well worth the purchase, and they aren't available here in the US.

Fragems
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #591 on: July 18, 2013, 07:41:50 PM »

Games - 50 random games

What did you pay?

About the going price at flea markets for Atari 2600 games is $1-2 a piece, controllers are about $3-5, and systems are all over the place depending on the seller but I would say $30-40 would be an appropriate average price range. If your buying in bulk you can get some awesome deals though. I have had alot of luck recently running into box lots of atari stuff at the fleas.

If you want an accurate value for online though I highly recommend going through the games and checking them on vgpc.com . Also worth looking up the games since there are quite a few holy grails in the Atari collection lol.

Edit: I would say you got a pretty good deal.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 10:32:53 PM by Fragems » Logged

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #592 on: July 24, 2013, 07:40:42 PM »

I wanted to see what you guys thought about this lot, it's on a local yard sale group Facebook page.  I know the price is kind of steep, and you can easily look up any of the games on VGPC, but I saw Mario Bros. CIB valued at $139 on there, and was wondering if that was correct.

Alisa J Cordell
    1985 Nintendo nes console and two controllers with the following games
    Original Mario Brothers, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Dragon Warrior, Star Tropics, Tetris, Castlevania, Castlevania II Simons Quest, Rygar, Deadly Towers, Zelda II(adventure of link), Gumshoe, The original Donkey Kong
    $250.00

Like · · Follow Post · Share · Monday at 4:36pm via mobile
        10 people like this.

Leiana Apuna Omg..where on earth did u get that..lol hummm ..I would love to have this..
        Monday at 7:04pm via mobile · Like

Christy Rhiner lol, i have two of them that still work great.
        Monday at 7:30pm · Like

Alisa J Cordell It belonged to my mother. ..she loved to play
        Monday at 7:38pm via mobile · Like

Alisa J Cordell REDUCED $200.00 includes 14 games!!!!!!!!!
        Yesterday at 8:10am via mobile · Like

Alisa J Cordell BUMP
        7 hours ago via mobile · Like
        Write a comment...
    Options

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #593 on: July 24, 2013, 08:56:17 PM »

I think it's still a bit high.  Like always, it depends on what you are comfortable paying but I would value Donkey Kong around $60-80 and Mario Bros at $50-60.

The reason Mario Bros is showing as $139 right now is because of a recently completed ebay auction for a very nice condition 5 screw UNPUNCHED hang tab copy that sold for $139.

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #594 on: July 24, 2013, 09:17:12 PM »

That's good to know.  She was asking $200 for all of it, so I asked if she would take $50 for Mario Bros, Donkey Kong, Castlevania, and Castlevania II.  She said she would, but she just sold the entire lot.  I am glad that I didn't buy the entire lot though.

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #595 on: August 01, 2013, 07:11:40 AM »

Thinking about getting a Japanese PS2, now that they're discontinued  Roll Eyes

I'd settle for any model/edition. Price I've seen have varied a lot.

Anyone have any thoughts?

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #596 on: August 01, 2013, 08:31:26 PM »

@grayghost81 not sure, i'll let someone else answer who knows better.

for myself, i saw a CIB (assumed) N64 system with the 2nd Atomic Purple controller for $85 at a local store. it looks considerably cheaper than it would cost me to order off ebay when you factor in shipping, but i'm wondering what anyone else thinks of that price. they also had Pikmin 2 (black label) for $36 + tax, which seems to be only a little above the lower end of ebay there. i'm thinking about going back for them tomorrow.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #597 on: August 01, 2013, 09:38:30 PM »

Thinking about getting a Japanese PS2, now that they're discontinued  Roll Eyes

I'd settle for any model/edition. Price I've seen have varied a lot.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I'd recommend checking with Arcade Gear: http://arcade-gear.com/

These guys are fantastic to work with for Japanese imports.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #598 on: August 02, 2013, 01:18:00 AM »

for myself, i saw a CIB (assumed) N64 system with the 2nd Atomic Purple controller for $85 at a local store. it looks considerably cheaper than it would cost me to order off ebay when you factor in shipping, but i'm wondering what anyone else thinks of that price. they also had Pikmin 2 (black label) for $36 + tax, which seems to be only a little above the lower end of ebay there. i'm thinking about going back for them tomorrow.

I suppose if you were to order online it would cost you about that or more.  But, it was the second most popular N64 console set sold (after the original console itself), so I don't think it will be the only one you see locally.  I think I'd paid up to $65 or so if I saw it in the wild.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #599 on: August 02, 2013, 01:27:43 AM »

I suppose if you were to order online it would cost you about that or more.  But, it was the second most popular N64 console set sold (after the original console itself), so I don't think it will be the only one you see locally.  I think I'd paid up to $65 or so if I saw it in the wild.

i was thinking about offering them $60 and see what they say. maybe if i get that and pikmin i'll just ask them if they could round it down to an even $100 before tax.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 55 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length