RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:56:20 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | mp3 blog 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: mp3 blog  (Read 6871 times)
jonlester
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« on: October 18, 2004, 10:15:29 AM »

I've joined the mp3 blog movement with one of my own. There isn't a whole lot there at the moment since I just started it last night but the few links I have will take you well on your way to plenty of other great sites and tunes.

Also, unlike other mp3 blogs, I only link to mp3's that are posted for free use by artists anyway so nobody should have to worry about  copyright and fair use issues and I don't have to worry about swapping around files on my own space.

Hope it's a pleasant enough diversion for some of you.

http://lestermix.blogspot.com
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 10:43:54 AM »

This isn't the same thing at all, but you may be interested in AudioScrobbler.

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/Nepenthean/

Basically, it keeps track of all the songs you play on your PC (CD, MP3, etc.) and compiles statistics about it.  When all of those stats from lots of users are put together, you can start to find music by other artists that may be similar to ones you like via other people's profiles.  They also occasionally have free MP3 promos, and they work with Last.fm.  I haven't used Last.fm much, but they seem to take what you like and play a custom streaming internet "radio" station for each individual user.

The one problem with AudioScrobbler is that sometimes their site is down for days on end.  There have been weeks where the site was down 50% of the time.  Other weeks they're up just fine 100% of the time, so it can be kind of a pain sometimes.

jonlester
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 11:39:11 AM »

One more site with more ambition than dependable resources, an experience I've shared myself. Still that sounds useful so thanks for the info.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 04:47:13 PM »

My signature can beat up your signature.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length