RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:15:04 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Cool new ds 'game'! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Cool new ds 'game'!  (Read 2024 times)
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 11:45:48 PM »

Yes, this does look cool. The fact that you can do it on a handheld definately is a plus.

However it's not THAT special from a musician's point of view (I'm an enthusiastic amateur musician myself) because it's basically just a software synth with it's only limitation the hardware that it's running on. A DS is definitely strong enough to support such a synth.
I do love the fact that they've bothered to make the touchscreen of the DS into a KAOSS pad (which exists as a seperate little device from KORG aswell)

But I think this will appeal more on gamers who are not into music(-making) because it's like a whole new world opening for them; while a musician-gamer will already know this type of software exists.

But the idea of doing it for a handheld alone is worth applause for KORG!  Tongue (I'm more of a Yamaha guy though Smiley)

Decided to just quote Sirgin as what he said pretty much hit the nail on the head.

There is already a lot of music software out there, some worse, some better, some even free.

The real icing on the cake is its portability. It is even more portable that a MacBook Air on a DS Smiley

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 12:33:14 PM »

Decided to just quote Sirgin as what he said pretty much hit the nail on the head.

There is already a lot of music software out there, some worse, some better, some even free.

The real icing on the cake is its portability. It is even more portable that a MacBook Air on a DS Smiley
Yes, exactly.
Because I (kind of) know what software synths and VST's are on the market, this game doesn't impress me THAT much. (Since there's tons of software/hardware that can do the same. )

But yeah, it sure is portable Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length