RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:35:20 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | movie collecting tools 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: movie collecting tools  (Read 1665 times)
Reps911
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« on: December 31, 2008, 01:29:54 PM »

I was wondering if there was a good movie collecting site with collecting tools similar to rf generation's. Or a good software Download. I've searched the net but I mostly find DVD & Blue-ray tools But I have lots of different formats: Laser Disc, Vhs, Beta, HD DVD etc... I would like to track all my formats. Does anyone know if such a site or download exists?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 01:55:36 PM by Reps911 » Logged
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 01:51:02 PM »

http://www.collectorz.com/

If you can get a "free" version of the DVD one you can add anything you want into the fields.
I had it years ago and back then it was a glorified excel sheet.
On the plus side you could use it to access places like amazon to fill in information in your collection based on title, UPC, etc

I had the one for videogames but i am fairly certain the only difference is the places it checks for information.

If you want to just do DVD/BluRay/HD DVD check out DVDAF.

Tholly might know of a website to accommodate all of your formats though.

Tan
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 02:09:05 PM »

http://www.dvdaf.com/

I believe Tondog has another site he recommends as well. Perhaps we should make a thread listing everyone's collection page so we can add each other to our friends lists as there are several members here who use this site and others like it. Same as we do with books and probably music.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 02:10:53 PM by Tan » Logged
Reps911
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 10:06:34 PM »

thank's for the tips, Collectorz works best but I don't know if I want to pay... I guess RFgeneration has spoiled me
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 08:53:22 AM »

If you can get a "free" version of the DVD one you can add anything you want into the fields.

Just search the internet and i guarantee you there are people giving away free copies pirate

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 05:47:25 PM »

I believe Tondog has another site he recommends as well.
The first site I used was DVDAF, but I didn't like the interface and features at the time. Then I used DVD Profiler, but eventually they started charging for the software and limiting the capabilities of free users. Then I moved to DVDSpot, but they closed down in October. Now I'm back on DVDAF. It's nowhere near as nice as DVD Profiler once was, but it works pretty well, and the social features are a definite plus.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 10:15:49 PM »

I was wondering if there was a good movie collecting site with collecting tools similar to rf generation's. Or a good software Download. I've searched the net but I mostly find DVD & Blue-ray tools But I have lots of different formats: Laser Disc, Vhs, Beta, HD DVD etc... I would like to track all my formats. Does anyone know if such a site or download exists?

I know that you are looking to get all formats in one site, but the best LaserDisc tracker is www.lddb.com. You can track your collection, it gives information about discs that have known disc rot issues, etc. I have some of mine on there.

http://lddb.com/collectio...n=list&user=bickman2k

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length