RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:33:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 6: You can't spell ignorant without IGN 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 6: You can't spell ignorant without IGN  (Read 18196 times)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 10:30:03 PM »

I like keeping a physical copy of my inventory.  I kinda enjoy highlighting each game as I get them rather than point and click on a computer.  I write down when and where or who I got the game and how much I paid for it, if it was a trade, or whatever.  And of course I write down it's condition like CIB, etc...  It's fun to watch the pages fill up with highlighter.  Since I'm mainly focused on collecting NES and Sega Genesis/32x stuff those are the only ones I keep an active inventory for.  I have a bunch of other games over many different consoles (I think I'm up to 13 consoles now) but those are basically for display only, so eh...

BTW Bil I was the Werewolf guy you mentioned.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 12:17:04 AM »

Wow, physical all the way? It takes a bit of dedication to seriously manage in that format, but there is definitely a certain satisfaction in holding a list in your hands.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 07:25:28 AM »

I like keeping a physical copy of my inventory.  I kinda enjoy highlighting each game as I get them rather than point and click on a computer.  I write down when and where or who I got the game and how much I paid for it, if it was a trade, or whatever.  And of course I write down it's condition like CIB, etc...  It's fun to watch the pages fill up with highlighter.  Since I'm mainly focused on collecting NES and Sega Genesis/32x stuff those are the only ones I keep an active inventory for.  I have a bunch of other games over many different consoles (I think I'm up to 13 consoles now) but those are basically for display only, so eh...

I still have a physical copy of the NES list from nintendo.com printed off in my game room that I like to cross items off of. It does feel strangely satisfying I have to agree.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 08:23:32 AM »

Wow, physical all the way? It takes a bit of dedication to seriously manage in that format, but there is definitely a certain satisfaction in holding a list in your hands.

Yeah its one of my favorite things to do collectingwise.  I'll make a B-line right to my binder as soon as i get home from hunting.  I kinda have to otherwise i get lazy and might forget some of the details :/

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 08:35:03 AM »

Just a heads up. The player 2 faceplate for the GBA Micro was available from Club Nintendo Japan.

There are so many fake (HK) versions floating around these days, so good luck to anyone who wants to buy one now.

http://www.ign.com/articl...icro-player-ii-face-plate

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
inRainbows
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 10:39:32 AM »

great episode guys. perhaps I'm biased because i was a large part of it though haha ! dare i say bill is a permanent cast member ?

Tim.
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 12:48:32 PM »

@retrorage Awww, I should have remembered that was you!

@inRainbows-Duke and Crabby got the show off the ground and as far as I am concerned, it's their show.  That being said, I will be on the show any time they ask me to be on.

inRainbows
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 01:08:39 PM »

@retrorage Awww, I should have remembered that was you!

@inRainbows-Duke and Crabby got the show off the ground and as far as I am concerned, it's their show.  That being said, I will be on the show any time they ask me to be on.

you guys fit well together. 3 different points of view on numerous things. makes for good contrast. also, i don't like your secrets bill, I'm going to have to concoct my own ! haha
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 04:54:22 PM »

Love the podcast and especially love the length.  I enjoy listening to 3 hours of gaming talk, even the 32X and Jaguar bashing Wink  I agree the IGN lists were ridiculous.  I was on there and they didn't have games for a lot of systems.
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 08:42:48 PM »

I still have a physical copy of the NES list from nintendo.com printed off in my game room that I like to cross items off of. It does feel strangely satisfying I have to agree.
I use the old DP "Lite Lists" to keep track of what I have for the systems I care most about while I'm out hunting. It has checkboxes for each title and I love being able to fill more and more of them in. Its just so awesome to have 5 in a row, one empty, and 6 in a row, and then getting that one in the middle so I get 12 in a row.

ixtaileddemonfox
Weapon X
TurboGrafx-16

Stats
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 09:00:20 PM »

Awesome show guys really enjoyed it just finished it.

RetroRage
Donor

Stats
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2012, 03:31:14 PM »

I use the old DP "Lite Lists" to keep track of what I have for the systems I care most about while I'm out hunting. It has checkboxes for each title and I love being able to fill more and more of them in. Its just so awesome to have 5 in a row, one empty, and 6 in a row, and then getting that one in the middle so I get 12 in a row.

Yep nothing is more satisfying than filling that non-highlighted gap.  Everything has to be uniform.  That's something Crabby can relate to I'm sure

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2012, 07:33:51 PM »

Yep nothing is more satisfying than filling that non-highlighted gap.  Everything has to be uniform.  That's something Crabby can relate to I'm sure

For sure. Everything must look like it belongs. Those gaps in the list are no exception.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 11:12:53 AM »

I am listening to this now and I most saw the part about me being a CIB snob is rather funny.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2013, 03:47:13 PM »

We know you loves you some boxes, Tynstar. Also, who the heck is karma bombing the crap out of you?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length