RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 10:36:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | The Last Story 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: The Last Story  (Read 49844 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2012, 09:05:07 PM »

Updated the first post with my Friend Code and Skype Name.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2012, 10:51:38 PM »

Crabby, can you add my Skype Name to the first page too? It's fleach.rfg

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2012, 10:54:12 PM »

Doesn't look like your online Crabbo.

NVM.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2012, 01:50:02 AM »

just finished to the start of chapter 5, so far it's not bad, like silent scythe though i'm not sure yet how much i'll like it. it controls well (even with wii mote/nunchuk), and the gameplay seems good. i'm just not far enough into it yet to say for sure if i'll like it, and it's not one of those games that instantly grabs my interest at the start. i laughed quite a bit at some of the things you could do though. the world trembles at my feet as i throw apples in the street Wink . and the prank banana crossbow ammo. also the music is great, and the story seems good so far.

some things i'm not happy with though are the lack of a quest log...at least for side-quests. i really hope this changes later, because i know i'll be forgetting what i was supposed to do on some side quests if i don't have a way to track them. the only other complaints are some graphical and audio glitches...textures flickering on and off near the edge of the line of sight, and some dialogue being voiced at first and then partway through the voice stops and there's only subtitles. otherwise not bad.

@crabmaster2000 i couldn't find the 2nd or 3rd frogs either, i'm assuming they're somewhere near the river but the only clue was the fortune teller that pointed me to the first one at the docks. there was one boy who mentioned someone that lives in a hut only accessible by swimming across the river, but i never saw any way to actually swim. there were ladders leading out of the water to the docks, so maybe there'll be a way to swim later.
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2012, 02:11:03 AM »

also i just setup my skype account, could you add thelambpost to the list of skype names please, crabmaster?
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2012, 02:42:31 AM »

just finished to the start of chapter 5, so far it's not bad, like silent scythe though i'm not sure yet how much i'll like it. it controls well (even with wii mote/nunchuk), and the gameplay seems good. i'm just not far enough into it yet to say for sure if i'll like it, and it's not one of those games that instantly grabs my interest at the start. i laughed quite a bit at some of the things you could do though. the world trembles at my feet as i throw apples in the street Wink . and the prank banana crossbow ammo. also the music is great, and the story seems good so far.

some things i'm not happy with though are the lack of a quest log...at least for side-quests. i really hope this changes later, because i know i'll be forgetting what i was supposed to do on some side quests if i don't have a way to track them. the only other complaints are some graphical and audio glitches...textures flickering on and off near the edge of the line of sight, and some dialogue being voiced at first and then partway through the voice stops and there's only subtitles. otherwise not bad.

@crabmaster2000 i couldn't find the 2nd or 3rd frogs either, i'm assuming they're somewhere near the river but the only clue was the fortune teller that pointed me to the first one at the docks. there was one boy who mentioned someone that lives in a hut only accessible by swimming across the river, but i never saw any way to actually swim. there were ladders leading out of the water to the docks, so maybe there'll be a way to swim later.

Yeah I meant to mention that it was pretty annoying not having a quest log too. Glad you brought that up. With longer quests and just having multiples going on at once it'll get pretty annoying if they don't have a remedy for that.

So Fleach was kind enough to meet up to test the online portion with me tonight, with Duke.Togo listening in to our Skype chat. I think the consensus was that the co-op portion was no good with just the 2 of us. We either need to get a party of 6 or come back when we have much better equipment. It was disgustingly hard and we tried most of the different fights available. We got slaughtered. One or two hits was all it took to kill us and when it was all said and done we were lucky to get 1-2% of the bosses health down.

Deathmatch on the otherhand was a bit more interesting. With two people it was a bit slow, but I imagine it to be pretty frantic is we can get a full roster of 6 involved in the match. They have extra items around the arena to equip, lots of areas to hide and climb on. Seemed like it had some potential.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2012, 03:09:31 AM »

I'm pretty rusty but it'll be interesting if I could time it right to take part in some online play.
I never even touched the online part of the game until after I finished the story mode so have no idea how it fares at lower levels. Will look up my code next time I get a chance to hop on the Wii.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2012, 03:42:31 AM »

so the 5 chapter per day idea seemed to go well for me, should we keep doing 5 per day or just play it by ear depending on how long they seem to get later on? i wasn't sure if we had even fully decided on that for the first day or not, everyone just seemed to have an unspoken agreement on it Tongue .

also for skype, unfortunately i have to work until 9pm PST tomorrow, so i should be online around 9:30 or 9:45 roughly if anyone is still on at that time. i've added crabby and fleach to my skype contacts so i'll see if anyone's around when i get home, i'd like to try out some of the multiplayer with you guys too if i can Smiley
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2012, 09:20:23 AM »

Just going to chime in and give my two cents on what Crabby and I played last night.

Co-op was definitely very difficult with our low level characters. I was under the impression that the co-op mode featured the main story line but with your online friends taking control of the other principle characters. What it ended up being was like an arena type deal where you and your friends have to take down a boss.

Deathmatch was more fun, but I agree, it needs more than two players. I think we likened this mode to Super Smash Bros in an RPG setting.

All in all, it was a good experience. These online multiplayer modes showed potential.

As for the 5 chapters per day... I'll probably fall behind today. I stayed up fairly late last night, so I just might take a power nap and then head off to work. This won't leave me with a chance to play today as the TV the Wii U to hooked up to is also the main household TV (and I'm sure certain family members won't want to watch more silly video games). I'll try to get onto Skype and chit chat if techwizard and Crabmaster decide to play/Skype tonight.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2012, 11:33:17 AM »

Just found out my brother-in-law will be coming up for a surprise visit this evening. He is only staying for a couple days, but because of that I won't be available for online until Friday at the earliest. Probably won't have much time to play the game at all while he is here either. Don't worry about leaving me behind though, I can always play catch up when he heads back home.

I put in another session this morning and got to Chapter 12 I think it was. Story is moving along a bit more now and the battles are opening up a lot more with new skills and a slightly bigger party becoming available. I'm really liking the fighting more and more. I spent a bit of time in the Arena and whenever I see one of those Summon Circles I tend to spend 5+ extra battles on them. I think I've levelled up my characters a bit much because of it though. At the very start of Chapter 12 my characters are all levels 17 and 18. Got a really unique weapon equipped right now too. I think it's called the Zero Blade, and it looks like a massive Pizza Cutter! I'm loving it.

Its got more interesting now, but I'm still hoping for more. I'm intrigued enough that I want to keep playing though so that's definitely a good thing.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2012, 07:49:51 PM »

i thought of a better idea than a daily pace to go by, why not weekly? say 20 or 25 chapters per week (sunday - saturday), that way with the holidays and family visits getting in the way it'll be easier for everyone to work it into their schedules. or whatever amount people think works best, and it would only be a rough checkpoint, like give or take a chapter or 2.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2012, 08:38:33 PM »

Weekly checkpoints. I like that idea.

You're right that this will allows us to stay on track while maintaining, shall I say, social lives. However, 20 chapters per weeks means we'll finish in just barely over two weeks. I was thinking more along the lines of 10 to 15 chapters each week.

Well guys, it's open to discussion.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2012, 01:48:20 AM »

ya i thought about that too, 10 to 15 might be better
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2012, 02:31:22 AM »

I'm on board for weekly also. That makes a lot more sense and I feel a bit stupid for not being the one to bring it up Tongue

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2012, 07:17:09 AM »

Sounds good to me, I had a semi-surprise visit from family as well so I'm a bit behind.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length