RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:36:18 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 7 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 62 Print
Author Topic: A Completely Unrelated Series of Thoughts... Part 7  (Read 349615 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #840 on: June 09, 2023, 09:57:43 PM »

The haps be the in thing now.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #841 on: June 11, 2023, 05:00:48 PM »

Sadly, "the haps" seems to be a bit lacking around these parts...
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #842 on: June 12, 2023, 05:31:41 PM »

When in doubt whip it out.

SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #843 on: July 01, 2023, 12:56:23 PM »

HAPPY MIDDLE-AGED YEAR!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #844 on: July 01, 2023, 05:12:24 PM »

WHA?!?!?!  Shocked

SMS set complete!
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #845 on: July 12, 2023, 09:50:18 PM »

Noticed this site is like 25 registered users shy of 15,000 users. Crazy to look at the number of users, the number of topics, and number of posts, and then see how inactive the forums are. It does make me sad and nostalgic, even though I never posted here that often. I definitely remember the forum being extremely active though. I was looking at my stats and I signed up in October of 2007, just 3 months after I really started collecting. I was 23 years old then, and I am 38 now. This is effing crazy to me. I've only posted here 869 times somehow. Idk why it wasn't more and I wish it was.

Who is in charge of the site now? I want to make sure it doesn't disappear. There's so much information and utility. I've donated before and would happily donate again.

Running out of games to buy.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #846 on: July 13, 2023, 08:28:48 PM »

Yeah, no idea what happened.  Not many post any more and no communication from the staff, really.  We used to monthly updates and other tidbits on the front page and it just stopped.  The donation drive hasn't been run in the past year or two.

SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #847 on: July 13, 2023, 09:59:58 PM »

Seems like everybody headed on over to the RF Gen Discord, and pretty much forgot about this place.

Speaking of a lack of updates: nowadays, we're lucky to get a new non-spam blog every two months.

And how many years has it been since the last Pain Yourself with Submissions contest?

On a brighter note: I've since become text buddies with five of my fellow RF Gentlemen, where we can gripe to our hearts' content about the sad, desolate place this once-vibrant virtual community has become.
Beardcore84
that TMNT guy
Donor

Stats
« Reply #848 on: July 14, 2023, 11:59:39 AM »

Very interesting. I guess Discord makes sense, although I wasn't a fan of it when I tried using it a few years ago. Is the RF Gen discord fairly active? Is actual site staff active there too? I just want to make sure that the site isnt just gone one day along with all the day and, personally, my collection tracker. lol

Running out of games to buy.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #849 on: July 15, 2023, 04:15:55 PM »

Very interesting. I guess Discord makes sense, although I wasn't a fan of it when I tried using it a few years ago. Is the RF Gen discord fairly active? Is actual site staff active there too? I just want to make sure that the site isnt just gone one day along with all the day and, personally, my collection tracker. lol

It's fairly active but it's rare any staff is on the Discord.  I'm worried the site is going to go away, too.  If it does, I just hope they give us a warning.

SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #850 on: July 15, 2023, 04:59:51 PM »

It's fairly active but it's rare any staff is on the Discord.  I'm worried the site is going to go away, too.  If it does, I just hope they give us a warning.

Fair warning is the least they can do.

If it does happen, I just hope I get to 10K posts beforehand.

If Shaggy and I keep going back and forth on the 3 Word Story and Word Association threads, I just might get there by the end of the year. I'll try to add to the Remember When, What Are You Watching, and The Gaming Diary threads from time to time. Maybe even the Small Scores if I get anything worth showing off.

Oh, and of course share my gripes about the decline of the neighborhood with you fine fellow on this very thread. Don't want y'all to feel lonely after all.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #851 on: July 16, 2023, 12:08:25 AM »

Too late, I'm already lonely.

SMS set complete!
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #852 on: July 17, 2023, 08:36:50 PM »

Too late, I'm already lonely.

Sounds like someone needs a hug.

I'll tell Nupoile to send a few your way.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #853 on: July 17, 2023, 09:00:49 PM »

drunk

SMS set complete!
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #854 on: July 18, 2023, 09:33:17 PM »

Did someone say hugs!? Oh, it was Zag, nevermind. How are you guys at like 10,000 posts? You just super involved in discussing Intellivision variants? A lot of back an forth on if slightly different card stock counts as a separate item?

There are quite a few RFG people on the Discord. Bickman is there and seems available even if he doesn't chat much, it is his channel after all. I keep meaning to catch up on all the activity on the forums and post more. I had two things keeping me away for a while, one was when flickr capped the file limit and I wasn't happy with any other free service so I couldn't post pictures as easily. And then I was super busy for like 6+ years, like all my minutes were full.

I should use some of those neat emojis while I'm here:

ninja ninja ninja ninja leo
 rofl Afro
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 62 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length