RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 04:54:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Radio stations and local bands 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Radio stations and local bands  (Read 1344 times)
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« on: July 28, 2005, 11:10:33 PM »

I was listening to the radio yesterday and the station (94.7 FM) does something really cool.  On Wensdays between 8:00 and 9 PM they only play Local music.  So bands from the Portland/Vancouver area can send in their home recorded stuff and the station will play it on the air.  They also take requests all day so its pretty much the listeners decide what they want to hear and its usually pretty good music.  Do any of the stations in your areas do something like this?

If you're interested in checking them out you can listen to them online at http://www.947.fm/
« Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 11:12:50 PM by freak_boy » Logged

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 05:15:59 AM »

There where a few stations around here that do/did it.

I don't listen to the radio nearly as much as i use to so i don't know what time or if the stuff is good anymore.

There where a few bands that i heard on the local time that ended up getting big.

Rock 104 (now a rap station, thanks ClearChannel) use to play local bands from basicaly across the states it was all "up and coming" artists.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 07:45:43 AM »

Two local stations here do that.  101.1 WRIF and 88.7 89X.  The WRIF has a local band program that they play on the weekends and sponsor a lot of local shows.  89x Does the same thing except they have a weekly showcase show at this bar called Bullfrogs that is about 1 mile away from my house.  They have three or four bands play.  Last time I went one of the bands there had this guitarist that was insanely good.  At one point he was playing blazing-and I mean face melting-solos with his teeth.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 08:25:19 AM »

97.9 KUPD does a local band show. I have never listened to it but I know they do one.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 07:21:55 PM »

freak_boy I actualy listen to 94.7 from time to time as I live in Albany, OR. I wasn't aware that they did that though, I will have to try and listen as we play the radio at work.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length