RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:39:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | March 2021 Playthrough - Eternal Eyes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: March 2021 Playthrough - Eternal Eyes  (Read 24165 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2021, 11:36:35 AM »

I started the game weeks ago, but I found myself falling behind..... surprise, surprise.  Last night I made it to Chapter 4.  I appreciate all of the tips in this thread and have already reached the next to last stage for the B.W. Pappet.  I am looking through other charts to find other strong pappets to level, but I have to say, there's not a ton of stuff out there and what is there is quite confusing to a newcomer.  I'm quite perplexed by this daunting system, but I do appreciate the complexity and time the developers put into it.  It's pretty awesome to have so many choices of allies to play with.

With that said, the game is definitely flawed, but I am pleasantly surprised at how much fun I am having with it.  I can say right now that this is no Vandal Hearts, but it seems that the game is only a handful of miniscule changes away from being a classic.  There are so many little things that could have been done to improve its presentation and mechanics, and I'm quite baffled that the developers made some of the decisions that they did.  Anyway, more to come as I move further into the game.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2021, 12:08:46 PM »

Rich, here's a ranked list of the puppets I used to choose my squad:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot...8-eternal-eyes/faqs/65202

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2021, 04:57:17 PM »

Rich, here's a ranked list of the puppets I used to choose my squad:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot...8-eternal-eyes/faqs/65202

I used that as well for power rankings. I took the top 3 and my 4th is coming out jackal group.

I guess what I'm saying is that there really isn't a site with a super fluid and easy to follow evolution chart. Had to break out the ole pencil and paper and work it all out.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2021, 07:09:52 PM »

I used that as well for power rankings. I took the top 3 and my 4th is coming out jackal group.

I guess what I'm saying is that there really isn't a site with a super fluid and easy to follow evolution chart. Had to break out the ole pencil and paper and work it all out.

At least there are some charts. If I’m being honest I don’t think we’d be able to beat the game without an evolution chart. Unless of course we got extremely lucky and we’re able to get some 5th evolution puppets by blindly giving a puppet jewels

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2021, 11:57:49 AM »

Made it to Chapter 8 and every hit is an EXP factory. Best way to grind is put the puppets on auto and let them do physical attacks only. Only drawback is they will sometimes go for a chest even if an enemy is also right next to them. I love that my homies are trying to secure the bag but you gotta take out the trash first.

Stubbes, what's a good level to be at for the endgame? I've read/heard Chapter 10 is quite a rude difficulty spike.

Mr_Stubbes
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2021, 01:17:01 PM »

Made it to Chapter 8 and every hit is an EXP factory. Best way to grind is put the puppets on auto and let them do physical attacks only. Only drawback is they will sometimes go for a chest even if an enemy is also right next to them. I love that my homies are trying to secure the bag but you gotta take out the trash first.

Stubbes, what's a good level to be at for the endgame? I've read/heard Chapter 10 is quite a rude difficulty spike.

I don't think I ever used the auto attack system. I honestly just spammed spells that hit all enemies.

I believe my party was in the mid 80s, so about 85-86, you should be fairly close to that by end game, provided you did a little bit of grinding, if not just repeat some of the floors in Chapter 9 to get your party up.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2021, 01:51:12 PM »

Finally got back to this game and am at the beginning of Chapter 3. I still have conflicting feelings about it but am hopeful it will grow on me as I go along.

I was wondering how you guys approached evolution during the early part of the game. I referenced the guides that you guys linked but I'm still kinda lost on it. Should I just ignore it for now? Throw caution to the wind and just feed gems to my puppets and see what happens? Consult a guide for the best possible puppets at every stage of the game? The game has been a cakewalk so far but I don't want to hit a wall because I neglected the puppets.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2021, 02:00:26 PM »

Like Stubbes said in an earlier entry, you can "reset" the puppets once you get the Stone of Darkness (which you will have once you finish chapter 3). You may luck out by winging it, but given the sheer amount of puppets in the game this may not be a good tactic.

If you watch the youtube vid I posted in a spoiler tag a page or so ago, it may clarify the evolution system for you the way it did for me.

I hope the game gets its hooks into you the way it has for me and Rich. Though there are some missed opportunities here, the hidden depth can be really rewarding and enjoyable.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2021, 02:25:09 PM »

Cool, thanks! I skimmed the thread earlier and must have missed the video. I'll check it out

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2021, 07:50:41 PM »

That wasn't a bad game. Not very deap but not bad.[img width=700 height=315]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210322/6c85a3e542ed2760291fc4d2df3681ac.jpg[/img]

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2021, 07:55:01 PM »

I hit the level cap of 99 with Luke and the three puppets. Was thinking about finishing the game but Chapter 9 just keeps going and going. Fine with me!

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2021, 06:07:06 AM »

Finished the game yesterday. Final boss was nothing to write home about. I actually found Chapter 9, 9th floor with Garland, Lolita, and Jaress to be the most 'challenging' boss fight.

Thinking of trying a speed run with the new game plus option. I bet I can do the whole game in one sitting.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2021, 11:49:16 AM »

I'm probably about halfway through Chapter 4 and I will say that the game has grown on me a bit. I still think it's a mixed bag overall, but it does have some nice QOL features that I wish more games in the genre had, mainly giving a pool of experience to the whole party after battles so all units have a chance to level up, not just the most active ones. Evolution is starting to make more sense, and I'm following a guide for one of the puppets to get the BW Pappet and just going kinda randomly for the rest. Even though the monsters revert back to a blank puppet state upon death, it's nice that they at least keep their levels. Makes it pretty easy to experiment with new jewel combinations and not worrying about the resulting creations being underleveled.

I also really love the music that plays in the opening cinematic and usually watch the whole thing without skipping when I boot up the game. I found this full version which I really enjoy also. I was trying to figure out who the composer is and if they ever went on to work at Sega, because this honestly wouldn't sound out of place in a Yakuza game!

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2021, 07:03:20 PM »

What was everyone final teams?  I used the Pappats G.P., R.W. and B.W. 

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2021, 12:45:44 PM »

What was everyone final teams?  I used the Pappats G.P., R.W. and B.W. 

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I finished the game a few nights ago with Pappats: BW, GP (which hit like a damn truck), and GB.

I'm kind of like Disposed and not sure where to fall on this game.  Overall, I enjoyed it, but I don't believe I could have said that had I not had the evolution guide. I can understand why this game failed to hit the mark with many gamers. There were just so many "if they would have just done this instead" moments I had while playing the game. I continuously wanted to slap each member of the developmental team and scream, "WHY?!?"  More on this to come...........

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length