RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:28:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | May 2021 Shmup Club - Gunbird 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: May 2021 Shmup Club - Gunbird  (Read 19581 times)
FauxMacho
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2021, 08:51:39 PM »

Here's my final high score from Gunbird. I got to the last batch of bosses in Stage 6. I went to Galloping Ghost last weekend, unfortunately the monitor for their Gunbird was half dim and the top half was a bit out of focus, so it was not very playable. I did play Sinistar for the first time, and that's an excellent game I will now always play when I see it.

I really enjoyed the game, but I wish the Switch/City Connection/Zerodiv port had more to it. I'm not good enough to detect the lag, so I'll have to trust the science on that one, but a practice mode and online leaderboard would have been nice.

Scores:
Level 1 Monkey: 770,200 - 1CC
Level 3 Very Easy: 773,300 - 1CC
Level 5 Normal: 546,100 - Stage 6

* Gunbird_20210528_FM_scaled.jpeg (63.6 KB, 640x360 - viewed 262 times.)
Christapp76
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2021, 12:07:03 PM »

Think I’m going to submit my final score as 390,800 - difficulty 5 - stage 5 - Nintendo Switch

Final thoughts

Great game, mainly used Ash and Yuan Nang.

I found Yuan Nang the best overall character with a good balance of speed, power and bomb ability. My highest score was achieved with her.

Ash was pretty cool to use and liked the speed of the character but felt his shot was very much underpowered.

Marion was by far the worst. I just found her fully powered up shot too distracting when trying to dodge enemy bullets.

Overall the pace of the game was just right but the game difficulty really ramps up after the fourth level!

During this months play thorough I tried the ps2 version on a CRT but actually preferred the switch version running on a 4K tv, using the TVs game mode setting. If I’m honest I didn’t really notice any comparable lag between the two.

To sum up, I have many versions of this game across all platforms, old and new. The Switch version comes highly recommended and never noticed any of the reported lag issues that apparently come with ZeroDiv ports.

Maybe Gunbird 2 should be on the agenda, if it has not already been covered???

Chris Tapp76

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Christapp76
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2021, 12:08:21 PM »

Another screen shot of final score

Chris Tapp76👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Geriatric.Danmaku
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2021, 05:45:45 PM »

This was a great month of Shmup Club!  We have given the team alot of material for the podcast.  Hopefully not too much?
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2021, 01:40:05 PM »

This was a great month of Shmup Club!  We have given the team alot of material for the podcast.  Hopefully not too much?

Nope, this is awesome! Was great to see this much participation, and have plenty of feedback to use. Thanks everyone for jumping on board!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length