RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:08:03 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Commie's choice awards 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Commie's choice awards  (Read 2542 times)
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« on: January 10, 2005, 09:47:23 AM »

I walked into my living room last night and my sister was watching the people's choice awards. I sat down for a minute because they were awarding favorite movie of 2004. The three choices were, Spiderman 2, Shreck 2 and...Fahrenheit 9/11. What? I thought. Only three movies in the whole catagory? And one's a, although mostly fictional, documentary? Ah whatever, there was no way in my mind that a documentary, which was supported by only a third of the country, could beat either Spiderman or Shreck which each made more money in their opening weekends then Fahrenheit     9/11 ever did. But then, who wins? Fahrenheit 9/11. I could hear thousands people groan and shake their heads in unison. After that I refused to watch any more of the show. But later my sister told me that Johnny Depp won best male actor for his performance in Finding Neverland. Finding Neverland has only been out what? two weeks. How could it have possibly amassed enough votes to win?
I've figured a couple of way's it could be possible, in both cases, for the people to have chosen said person/movie.
With Fahrenheit 9/11 you know some sore loser liberals would  have voted for it. And Shreck 2 and Spiderman 2 probably somewhat cancelled each other out with their awsomenesses. Add the bribes that hollywood was handing out and there you go.
With Johnny Depp it's possible that seven million small girls, that would vote for him if he played Micheal Moore in "Micheal Moore get blowed up," voted for him twice.

But the truth is, that the people choice awards have nothing to do with people and should be blowed up along with every other awards show.

Rant over.

When shall his new form be revealed?
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 09:48:22 AM »

I know I spelled shrek wrong.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 09:54:45 AM »

That sure is odd indeed. I thought it was a somewhat entertaining documentary. But definately not a great movie. Oh well, no need to be angry, you won't the elections Wink That more than evens it out.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 10:05:58 AM »

Awards shows suck in general. The ones that people pick who wins are the worst. Look at the first Spike TV video game awards for proof of that.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 03:57:34 PM »

There is an actual awards show run by Comedy Central called The Commies isn't there?

Thats what i thought this was about based on the title.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 07:59:09 AM »

Yeah, you probably should have known better than to watch any awards show in the first place.  They're all completely worthless, be it the People's Choice Awards, the Academy Awards, the Oscars, the Golden Globes, the MTV Music Awards, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.  They're all the worst things in the world, and every one of them picks the absolute worst people to host them and sing at them.  Then, they give awards to the likes of Lil' Kim and Eminem and Linkin Hoobabizkit.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the Commie reference: No.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 07:59:54 AM by admin » Logged

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 06:38:14 AM »

I like watching awards shows in the hope that some hot chick will fall out of her dress.
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 08:18:17 AM »

You'd think that seeing Tara Reed's nipple slip would hav cured you from that desire.
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 10:34:22 AM »

let's not bring up that horrible, horrible sight again.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 10:36:33 AM »

let's not bring up that horrible, horrible sight again.

I second that.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2005, 10:59:59 AM »

Hey, Frankenipple or no, I'd still do her.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2005, 12:12:57 PM »

Hey, Frankenipple or no, I'd still do her.

laugh laugh laugh

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length