RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:02:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | 5 Games in 2013 that you are the MOST Excited about 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: 5 Games in 2013 that you are the MOST Excited about  (Read 4908 times)
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 10:41:06 PM »

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101

That's all I can think of for now, some have come out already.  But I want to get them before the years over.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 12:57:57 PM »

Wind Waker HD (how come no one mention this game yet?)

Because the game is 10 years old. Smiley

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 10:28:35 AM »

So are Kingdom Hearts and FFX and they made my list Wink

In all honesty, I love Wind Waker.  I started a fresh playthrough a few months ago and stopped when I found out that an HD remake was coming even though I don't own a U.  I REALLY wish that the system bundle included a physical copy of Wind Waker and The Historia.  The more I think about it, $300 is still way too much for that system for me.  I'd sell my Wii to help fund it but you kind of can't give a Wii away.  Gamestop offers $20 for it and craigslist is flooded with them.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 10:39:38 AM »

Wind Waker is the only Zelda games since Link to the Past I have played for more then 10-20 minutes. I played it for a few hours.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 10:46:33 AM »

Wind Waker is the only Zelda games since Link to the Past I have played for more then 10-20 minutes. I played it for a few hours.

I've had this conversation with a few people this year.  As much as Zelda is loved by most people who grew up in the Legend of Zelda-Ocarina times, the brand doesn't have the same presence around it as it once did.

The hardcore Zelda fans will always go gaga for them but they really don't have the prestige anymore.  It's too bad because the games are really good for the most part.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 11:28:09 AM »

I played Legend of Zelda-Ocarina for 10-20 minutes I never made it out of the starting area. I hate the N64 controller so I never played it. I think I beat Mario 64 but that was the only game I really played on it.

Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 02:29:00 PM »

In no particular order...

Ys: Memories of Calceta
Gran Turismo 6
Watch Dogs
Final Fantasy X HD

Can't think of a 5th

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2013, 10:50:54 PM »

So are Kingdom Hearts and FFX and they made my list Wink

In all honesty, I love Wind Waker.  I started a fresh playthrough a few months ago and stopped when I found out that an HD remake was coming even though I don't own a U.  I REALLY wish that the system bundle included a physical copy of Wind Waker and The Historia.  The more I think about it, $300 is still way too much for that system for me.  I'd sell my Wii to help fund it but you kind of can't give a Wii away.  Gamestop offers $20 for it and craigslist is flooded with them.

Keep an eye out, with the slow sales, you can get some retailers doing clearance sales. The most recent was Dick Smith over here in Australia, everything Nintendo was 50% off.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 09:18:09 AM »

In no particular order:

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
South Park: The Stick of Truth
Batman: Arkham Origins
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 02:35:24 PM »

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Well scrap that, WWE 2K14 now.
Watch Dogs
Pokémon X & Y
Beyond: Two Souls
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

CARBAG
N-Gage
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2013, 10:52:40 AM »

With pokemon coming out in 7 days, I can't think of anything else Cheesy
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2013, 01:22:36 PM »

Well scrap Watch Dogs until next year:

Following is a statement directly from the Watch_Dogs development teams.

Our ambition from the start with Watch_Dogs has been to deliver something that embodies what we wanted to see in the next-generation of gaming. It is with this in mind that we’ve made the tough decision to delay the release until Spring 2014.

We know a lot of you are probably wondering ‘why now?’ We struggled with whether we would delay the game. But from the beginning, we have adopted the attitude that we will not compromise on quality. As we got closer to release, as all the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place in our last push before completion, it became clear to us that we needed to take the extra time to polish and fine tune every detail so we can deliver a truly memorable and exceptional experience.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you. We thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the way you respond on the web, at events, press conferences and during other opportunities we have to interact. Your passion is what drives us.

We can’t wait to see you in Chicago next Spring. We are confident you’ll love this game as much as we love working on it.
http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-delay/

Gamestop says 6-30-14.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2013, 01:29:41 PM »

Yeah, I just saw that.  It wasn't on my list but I remember Ubi saying that it was the most pre-ordered next gen title so I would imagine lots of people are disappointed.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2013, 02:14:54 PM »

Looks like that PS4 I pre-ordered will be collecting dust until 2014. Which I don't mind at all because with all the current gen games drastically dropping in price my backlog is getting huge. Plus, I have a ton of retro games to finish.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2013, 04:23:19 PM »

Looks like that PS4 I pre-ordered will be collecting dust until 2014. Which I don't mind at all because with all the current gen games drastically dropping in price my backlog is getting huge. Plus, I have a ton of retro games to finish.
I was just thinking the same thing. At least I will still be able to play DriveClub Tongue

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length