RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 11:26:54 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Video Gaming TImeline Posters (WIP) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Video Gaming TImeline Posters (WIP)  (Read 1852 times)
Atariboy
N-Gage

Stats
« on: December 24, 2007, 05:28:43 AM »

For over 30 years I had been collecting old and new video games from 70s till today and I love it every second^_^ But I like to make my self a video gaming timeline posters showing many classic consoles as well as todays high tech systems but before I begin I wanted to start off on a mini bio on how I started on this progect. I wanted to get that out of the way so I can post more on the gaming systems from 1970s to 2000s but in making these posters I had to leave out many gaming systems cuase one it would had takin me longer to make as it took me 6 months to just make these by taking making photos on some consoles that I could not fine online and also scan many box art and or manuals to get many name logos for each consoles to give you an idea as to how long it took me to fine and or get all info on the year they are released and images for each units there where like over 150 PONG-TYPE systems released in the US from 1975 till 1983 that just way to many to post all the units so I try pasting just enough to cover many years the home gaming came out and I also put in many systems that also came out in both JAP and UK released systems to cover many die hard gamers out there^_^ As you see the systems you will also notist a small flag on the top right corner of the box it so that you'll know where it was first released in that year some time that system only came out on that contry and no where else like the UK's ZX-Spectrums and so on. There many timeline pages and video gamign mags that say one thing but other say somthing else like when Atari Home Pong like 75 or 76? Im may have many of these systems in the wrong time line so its not fully complated yet so I wanted to see if any of you guys know the trew gaming time line heres the un-finish posters from 1970s till 2000. Andf tell me what I should add or removed.

1970s
[img width=150 height=95]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2448/videogamingtimeline1970ya1.th.jpg[/img]

1980s
[img width=150 height=95]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/2645/videogamingtimeline1980bn7.th.jpg[/img]

1990s
[img width=150 height=95]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8757/videogamingtimeline1990wq1.th.jpg[/img]

2000s
[img width=150 height=95]http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/959/videogamingtimeline2000mc5.th.jpg[/img]
Tan
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 11:05:55 AM »

Awesome work, those look fantastic!

Everything looks proper but you may want to add the intellivision into 1979 as well as 1980. In 1979 they released the system in small numbers in California before the worldwide release in 1980. Debatable I know but since you have the PlayStation listed for 1994's Japanese launch and for the worldwide launch in 1995, I thoght i'd mention it. If your just doing Japan and United States you can add the Sega Master System for 1987 in Japan. Smiley
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2007, 11:44:05 AM »

For 2006, you need to add the Xbox 360 Elite. I figured since you're including console variations, you might want to add that one as well.

Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 12:31:53 PM »

I like how this is looking so far! I don't know if you're going to do what Phoenix said, but if you do that, you'll probably have to do the other PS3 models as well. Personally, I wouldn't do them as they are just the same form factor as the original system, but do what you want! Cheesy

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 12:34:14 PM »

^Then he'd need to delete the PS2 slimline from 2004.

It should be all variations or none.

Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2007, 12:51:44 PM »

Well that and the new NES and Genesis 2 from 93, the Sega CD 2 from 94, the new SNES from 97, all the Game Boy Variations, and the PSone from 00. Cheesy

I agree with you that it should be all variations or none.

Sorry for turning your topic into a little argument there Atariboy. Wink

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Tan
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2007, 01:19:23 PM »

Sort of the same debate we had over hardware submissions. here's a section of the hardware guidelines for reference:

Further Examples:
Case in point: DS Lite is a new entry versus variation because it has a new external extension connection that is not compatible with certain GBA accessories as the first DS was and therefore has it's own set of items. It also has a backlit screen instead of a front lit one that the first DS has.

A GBA SP is a new entry from the first GBA because it has a different screen, controls, shape, a new set of accessories based on it's own jacks, incompatibilities with items like the eReader and a NiMH battery. On the other hand, a GBA SP2 is a variation because it improved the screen from a front lit to a back lit, improved not added is the key here.

A Genesis 2 is a variation because other than cosmetics it's only difference is that it adds a stereo A/V port versus the Genesis 1's mono port. That's an improvement on the hardware, not extra functionality. Genesis 3 falls into the same category even more so because it actually removed functionality, cosmetic isn't enough to warrant a new entry versus variation for those. But a Sega Nomad is a separate entry because it is a handheld Genesis with a screen and it's own accessories, regardless that it plays the same media.

Also a Turbo Duo is a variation because it's just a TurboGrafx 16/CD in one piece, a Turbo Express is a new entry because it's a handheld TG16 with a screen versus a console. The new redesigned Sony PSP will be a new entry because of it's new features (video out for example), not because of it's improved ones.

Variations can be a messy business. I do agree that it's all or none though, it's just a matter of how you judge what is and isn't worthy of addition.
Tondog
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 01:22:29 PM »

But back to the topic at hand! ISN'T THAT A DARN NICE CHART?!

Follow me on Twitter
Reps911
Memorex VIS
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2007, 01:45:03 PM »

wow! looking good, can't wait for the final prints Grin
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2007, 01:38:13 AM »

Looks great, very nice work indeed.
I personally don't think it should have every little system revision, limited edition releases and all of that Jazz. I like the idea of going with only significant releases.

Just to be a pain though, the '94 Saturn was the grey model.

Atariboy
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2007, 02:59:34 AM »

And dont forget the Plug & Play craps^_^
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 10:36:26 AM »

Awesome poster man!