RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:28:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Video Game Pet Peeves 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print
Author Topic: Video Game Pet Peeves  (Read 22122 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2012, 05:16:53 PM »

I'll agree with the NEZZ and SNEZZ. It's an abbreviation, and should be said N-E-S and S-N-E-S. I also accept Nintendo and Super Nintendo.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2012, 05:25:55 PM »

I'll agree with the NEZZ and SNEZZ. It's an abbreviation, and should be said N-E-S and S-N-E-S. I also accept Nintendo and Super Nintendo.

My wife said Ness the other day and I've never heard her try to talk classic nintendo with me so it made me laugh out loud it sounded so weird.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2012, 03:14:33 AM »

i've used ness before, but most of the time i pronounce each letter separately like duke said, N-E-S. at least ness makes a little more sense than nezz, s doesn't make a zzz sound
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2012, 12:09:57 PM »

People pronouncing N.E.S. as "NESS" has been one of my pet peeves for a very long time.  It isn't the Ness, it is the Nintendo Entertainment System, therefore N.E.S.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2012, 06:57:15 PM »

ya even though i've used it i find it annoying too...like i said most of the time it's "the original nintendo" or N.E.S., i've probably called it ness less than 5 times Tongue. at least i've never called the snes anything other than super nintendo or S.N.E.S.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2012, 04:20:58 PM »

New games released for long dead systems.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2012, 08:21:08 PM »

Thats a new one. I'm very curious to know why thats a pet peeve for you?

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2012, 11:03:32 AM »

Maybe he doesn't like having to buy a new NES/Genesis/... game just to keep it a complete collection?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2012, 11:55:33 AM »

Maybe he doesn't like having to buy a new NES/Genesis/... game just to keep it a complete collection?

Correct

With that said I dont consider them as part of the library. My Sega Genesis collection is done. I have all the retail releases so I am good.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2012, 05:42:59 PM »

Graphic whores. PC gamers usually come to mind but I hear console gamers as well talk about how some game is great simply because it looks so real. Don't get me wrong I like good looking games but I just never felt graphics are what makes a game great, I always felt graphics simply complement a game not make the game.

Also I wish people would stop suggesting that I buy the latest COD games and that apparently every game I own is not as good as COD. I don't care about COD (Or first person shooters) much anymore and don't play online shooters anymore as the people playing those games are either too serious, rude, or don't even play at all. Why even play the game if you're not even gonna play it. There will usually be 8 people on my team and only 3 of them are actually playing while the other people simply put their controller down and hope the people playing win for them so their stats go up for doing nothing. If I wanted to play a good shooter game I'd play Half-Life or something more geared toward single player.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2012, 12:53:59 AM »

I can't remember a time when i could walk into a gamestop and not have the cashier ask me if i wanted to preorder a CoD game

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2012, 10:22:16 AM »

I can't remember a time when i could walk into a gamestop and not have the cashier ask me if i wanted to preorder a CoD game

I can't remember the last time I walked into a Gamestop.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2012, 11:49:27 AM »

I can't remember the last time I walked into a Gamestop.

I actually go to EB Games fairly often. Mostly for lack of options up here. Its not always a bad experience though. The new stickers they have peel off like a dream, no goo gone required. Usually leave with one game for $5 or so. After winning the King of Fighters XIII release tournament the guys at one store have stopped asking me about their stupid add-ons. Some sort of gamer cred respect or something.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2012, 12:20:47 PM »

I was in yesterday to grab a game for the UDraw tablet they had on sale for 10$s.
It is funny because i go in there every couple of months and always end up seeing the same guy. Since he was the one i dealt with when they kept giving me busted games he thinks i shop there all the time and says stuff like "I'm sure the other guys ask you all the time but do you want to get the warranty?" Or "do you want to preorder X game"

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2012, 01:33:07 PM »

i think i've only been asked about pre-ordering a specific game once or twice, usually they say "is there anything you'd like to pre-order?"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length