RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 02:32:05 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Rarest game you have? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Rarest game you have?  (Read 26483 times)
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2005, 02:31:39 PM »

Other than that, I don't really have any super rare games.  I doubt I have any single games that are worth over $100, though I have some over the $60 or $70 mark.  

Lets check what games he has in the 60-70 range on his collection profile shall we.... oh wait he doesnt have most of his stuff listed nevermind.
Tongue

captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005, 02:57:18 PM »

Sometimes rarest and most expensive can be 2 different things....

Starfox Super Weekend = R9 .... Last sold for around 300

Complete Caltron 6 in 1 = R8 last sold for around 300
previously 271 was the high by me.

Cheetahmen 2 (factory sealed) = R9 and sells for around 200 every time.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2005, 07:29:40 PM »

I pretty much have garbage.
I have maybe one or 2 r7 games.
One of them is Venice Beach Volleyball for NES.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2005, 09:15:58 PM »

I pretty much have garbage.

So you have a lot of Nintendo stuff!
Tongue

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2005, 05:04:30 AM »

what is the grail in your collection so far? Waterworld?

I guess. I haven't tried to get anything rare yet. I'm a budget game hunter. Just about all the games in my collection not purchased new were purchased for less than $10 dollars. I did pay a little more for Suikoden II and Tactics Ogre for PS1 but even those I got for less than $30.

Same with my consoles. The only ones that cost me more than $100 were my PS2 and Xbox. I got my Game cube real cheap by trading in a bunch of NES's at Gamestop.

To me a grail is not a grail if you dropped a wad on it. Like that Adventurevision, if I found it at a garage sale for $5 bucks after years of sesarching it's something to brag about. If I dropped $2500 on it on ebay big deal, I'm just rich or stupid. Nothing is that hard to get if you've got deep pockets.

I guess I just feel that method of acquiring rares takes the challenge out of it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 05:06:13 AM by den68 » Logged

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2005, 08:53:24 AM »

I guess. I haven't tried to get anything rare yet. I'm a budget game hunter.

To me a grail is not a grail if you dropped a wad on it. Like that Adventurevision, if I found it at a garage sale for $5 bucks after years of sesarching it's something to brag about. If I dropped $2500 on it on ebay big deal, I'm just rich or stupid. Nothing is that hard to get if you've got deep pockets.

I guess I just feel that method of acquiring rares takes the challenge out of it.

I agree with that. The only game I spent a lot of money on was Spider Man Web of Fire for the 32X. And that was so I could have a complete library.

The two rares I listed I paid a total of 11 dollars plus tax  
|D

Althought I I won the lotto I would drop money on games without a problem.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2005, 09:42:32 AM »

yeah, if it was the last game to complete a library I'd probably fork over a little more.

and if I won the lotto? well hell if you've got THAT much cash why the hell not. but I'm STILL not paying for shipping. I'll just buy a Ferrari and go pick up my games.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2005, 09:46:04 AM »

yeah, if it was the last game to complete a library I'd probably fork over a little more.

and if I won the lotto? well hell if you've got THAT much cash why the hell not. but I'm STILL not paying for shipping. I'll just buy a Ferrari and go pick up my games.

Ferrari? If across the country then a jet!

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2005, 06:58:57 AM »

If you take a jet you can't stop at thrift stores that you see on the way.

I have a new goal in life.  I'm going to drive to a thrift store in a Ferrari and haggle over the price of a $3 video game.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2005, 07:28:15 AM »

If you take a jet you can't stop at thrift stores that you see on the way.

I have a new goal in life.  I'm going to drive to a thrift store in a Ferrari and haggle over the price of a $3 video game.

IF you took a Ferrari you couldn't buy much because of no room in the car.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2005, 07:34:09 AM »

I dont know , maybe my complete Caltron 6 in 1 ? I have a loose one as well.

I also have a Starfox Super Weekend cart for SNES.

A boxed Flintstones Suprise at Dinosaur Peak for NES.

Factory sealed Cheetahmen 2....

I think the loose Caltron 6 in 1 and Starfox are my best finds because I got them in the wild.

Also have an orignal Dragonball GT final bout U.S. version for the PSX...

Tons of other stuff....

What do you consider your best item Scott ?

My most rare/prized items are both NES and similar to yours Wink

Factory Sealed Cheetahmen II (R9)

Factory Sealed 6-in-1 Myriad (R9)

Bought both of them for 15-20 bucks each in a newsgroup around 8 years ago (also bought a complete mint Maxi-15 AVE version for 20 dollars there Smiley).  

I also have this Honey Bee converter that looks quite a bit different than the known common Famicom-to-NES converters released by Honey Bee and others.   I mention this item, because Honey Bee is known for its converters, which were/are quite popular, and yet I've never seen any mention of this particular converter anywhere (plus it looks more unique Wink).  I added a small pic of the converter to this post.  As you can see, this converter is called "Family Adaptor" instead of "Family Converter" which is what the more common half-cartridge sized Honey Bee converters are called. Smiley

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2005, 08:25:44 AM »

Your a man of great taste Speedy Wink

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2005, 09:07:10 AM »

Your a man of great taste Speedy Wink

Right on!  |D

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
sharp
DB Contributor
Netherlands

Stats
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2005, 07:10:17 AM »

I think my rarest Items are a complete euro-version of Stack Up for NES as I never saw this gaming for sale on ebay. Other rarities are some of the NGP games, especially the b/w versions of Baseball Stars and Samuarai Shodown with English box and manual. For MD i own Daze before Christmas is also hard to find.
NESJunkie
Sega 32X

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2005, 06:12:12 PM »

speaking of sealed cheetahmen 2

That's my rarest game!

I was the 13th member to join this site. My parents were married on Friday the 13th. I was married on the 13th. Feeling lucky?

Here is a link to my profile on VAPS. I am mainly an arcade collector now. http://www.vaps.org/membe...tail.php?member_id=381193
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length