RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:40:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Looking for two new LCD monitors 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Looking for two new LCD monitors  (Read 1036 times)
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« on: November 08, 2008, 02:32:20 PM »

I'm looking to buy 2 new LCD screens and don't really know what I should be getting.

I'm currently using a Mirai (unknown brand, but the screen is quite good) 22" LCD monitor but would like to expand to a double screen set-up. For aesthetical reasons I'd like to have 2 identical screens. Also, my mom is still using a shitty 17" CRT monitor and she'd like a flat screen as well. She'll get the screen I'm currently using once I'll get 2 new ones.

First I thought of getting two 22" screens but after imagining how that would look like on my desk and the sheer distance between the left side of the left screen and the right side of the right screen, I'm wondering if it would be too big. (I'm not good at seeing things from afar, so I'd almost have to move my chair a bit to see things clear near the edges) Therefor, I think it'd be better if I got two 20" screens instead.

Also, getting two 20" monitors would save me some money.

I was thinking of one of these 20" screens:

Samsung T200 (but I'm sure about the red glow when the screen is on; also the design is a bit too blingbling)
Dell E2009W
LG W42P (20")

Are these any good? Or are there other screens that would be significantly better?

For a 20" screen I'd prefer not paying more than €200 and for a 22" not more than €250. They also have to have a DVI connection.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 06:52:16 PM »

I've had very good luck with Samsung LCD panels.  I don't know anything about the one you posted, but I have had a lot of luck with previous Samsung panels.

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length