RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:16:41 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | What is your job now? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: What is your job now?  (Read 23355 times)
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2013, 04:17:18 PM »

4th Class Power (Steam) Engineer working at a treatment plant for Utility (power, telephone) poles and railway ties.

sounds interesting. 

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2014, 12:32:49 PM »

So I started a temporary job working at the Cincinnati Museum center. I'm part of a crew responsible for taking down and setting up traveling exhibitions. We're dismantling a dinosaur show and will be putting up a Princess Diana (wat) one. It's strenuous work, exercising some muscles I forgot I had, but it pays well and the crew is fun to work with.

When shall his new form be revealed?
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2014, 01:23:31 PM »

Been a while since I saw this thread.

Last June, I started a job with Cerner as a System Engineer. I'm on one of the 2 crews that deploys new servers to our datacenters.

Had to leave the school district after a bunch of ridiculousness...

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2014, 06:25:54 PM »

My boss gave me away to another company for the week. I wasn't sure if it was a good thing, but the work is so much easier, I get more hours, and I don't come home tired and covered in mud, so I think I got a good deal.
Basically, I control the sludge boat on a AMD sedimentation pond at a coal mine. Which means pressing a few buttons every half hour and moving a pulley every hour or so. I spend more time playing games on my tablet in my truck than doing actual work.
The best news is that its going slower than expected, so I may get two weeks out of this.

logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2014, 08:24:48 AM »

Delivery for Domino's Pizza. yay.

Tell me about your variants...
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2014, 12:28:59 PM »

I work in IT for a financial firm. I'm part of the first response team that detects and fixes issues before they cost the firm money.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Haoie
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2014, 05:14:38 AM »

Accountant/administrator

If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2014, 11:05:59 AM »

Currently off work at home. Don't think I will be going back...

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2014, 10:34:44 AM »

Still working for the same computer re-marketing/metrology company as a break/fix guy, though now I do field repair work for HP products.  Currently trying to become the defacto first-level HP-service repair company for U of M.  Talk about a tough nut to crack! The University of Michigan (like most large university's, I imagine) is made up a massive amount of IT groups, each independent of each other.  Often hostile, I might add.

I'm also trying to sharpen up my computer forensics skills and possibly pen testing.  I don't think I want to fix computers for the rest of my life and Metro Detroit is one of the most competitive markets in the country, so it helps to helps to have a broad and weird resume.  One of the only places you will find an entry level job with stiff requirements that are contrary to the meaning of an entry level job.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2014, 10:47:14 AM »

Welcome to Orlando! Entry level IT requires 5 years experience.

Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2014, 07:23:13 PM »

Still working at Firestone Complete Auto Care. Been there for over six years. Can't complain. Love my job as I love working on cars and it pays the bills and gives me plenty of play money. Great benefits too.
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2014, 10:59:57 PM »

Wal-Mart Tire and Lube Express.  Changing oil and tires and car batteries.  That's ALL we do.  No other mechanic type things.
russlyman
Blog Writer
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2014, 08:58:30 AM »

Update to mine.
I'm down to just working Sundays at the movie theater as an assistant manager.
I work at the bake shop in Stop & Shop. It's super easy and they let me play around making cakes and cookies.
[img width=640 height=478]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/mebaba2y.jpg[/img][img width=640 height=625]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/upurezuz.jpg[/img][img width=640 height=632]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/aruru2ep.jpg[/img]
And for my third job I am a manager of a local retro video game store.
It's called Retro Games Plus. I begin good friends with the owner and when he wanted to open a second store closer to where I live I told him I would work a few days. He knew I was a manager at the movies so offered me a manager position. It's pretty sweet
[img width=640 height=628]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/enazy9uj.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now your playing with power!
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2014, 04:15:47 PM »

Started my new job as a Network Administrator a few months ago.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2014, 08:24:41 PM »

I am a painter again.
This time non union.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: