RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 11:12:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The History of Really Really BAD game ideas 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The History of Really Really BAD game ideas  (Read 1871 times)
IceBladeX
Virtual Boy

Stats
« on: July 26, 2004, 11:35:25 PM »

You know, in all the history of bad video game ideas, I cant think of anything much worse than Shaq Fu. But I'm sure you guys can.
(Anyone who says E.T. is getting slapped, thats too obvious, we KNOW dammit. Everyone has 4 copies)
Lets see: Michael Jordan in the Windy City, That Scottie Pippen FMV game whose name escapes me currently, actually come to think of it, ANY FMV game with maybe only one exception that I cant even think of (Of which, Psychic Detective may be the most horrid example which I only payed 25 cents for, by the way)
Im not going to droll on, I just want to see what the rest of you can come up with. For some reason all I can think of on a vodka monday night is FMV games and games starring basketball players that arent really basketball games.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 11:36:33 PM by IceBladeX » Logged

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 12:08:28 AM »

Daikatana. What the hell was Romero thinking? The game sucked, and as time passed, it only started sucking more.  He or Eidos should have canceled it the moment  the beta or alpha or whatever didn't live up to expectations.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 09:26:40 AM »

I dont remember the name of this game but it was a recent PC releae. It was a racing game though. But the problem was your oponant didnt move and there was no colision detection so you could drive through anything and if you went over a bridge you fell through to the water. But you didnt have to worry about be disqualitifed or even restarted if you fell in the water becaue no matter how far from the track you were if you just kept going straight eventually you would get back to the track, even if you drove off into what was supposed to be background you would keep going till you came back to the track somewhere else. But there was a good soundtrack... it was whatever you put on your stereo because there was no sound at all in the game. No bg music no effects nothing. I saw the game on Xplay ill try to find out what it was called.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 05:36:28 AM »

Any game involving Barney. M.C. Kids was pretty bad too.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 05:37:24 AM »

Oh duh, just remembered. Treasure Master. The day my mother brought it home I think she thought she was doing us a favor giving us a new NES game to play. I wish to hell she never would have as we're scarred for life for having played that piece of shit.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 08:26:20 AM »

Rex Ronan is absolutely infuriating to play.  I don't remember it, but Leon tells me that Nintendo Power hyped it up like it was going to be the next Super Mario World or something.  Of course if you play it for more than three seconds you can tell that it's utter trash.  Poor controls, stupid missions, stupid "enemies," stupid everything.

2D-Forever
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 10:54:05 AM »

DOA Beach Volleyball.  Selling the breasts. You don't even have to play any volleyball; you can just oogle the girls, and then beat the game in 13 minutes.

-God gave us memories so we could languish in dispair.
-Once delayed, Twice dismayed.  SNK
IceBladeX
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2004, 02:58:39 AM »

You know whats strange, my ex used to play the shit out that game (DOAXVB). She absolutley loved it. Doesent make any sense..
I just thought of some obvious ones, ALL Tomb Raider games. Though, I suppose the first one wasnt bad, wasnt really my cup of tea either, or something that I feel should have become a franchise.

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length